Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

the preview of uncanny x-men #10

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Flopsop200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phisigmatau: Yeah I just read that. It's a damn shame he's about to be made to look like a fool though. The preview says " Cyclops loses full control of his powers on the streets of Los Angeles".

That's gonna allow his enemies to point the finger and say "See, I told you!".

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lame

IIDEADxPOOLII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After the big fight that was supposedly going to happen between him and Magneto in issue 8, I don't think think there's anything to be worried about. Could be wrong though.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get why he is going to lose control now though? He spent the last issue training with Magneto and seemed to be holding his own during the Limbo fight. If this happened before those incidents it would make more sense but as it stands it feels like its just for the sake of drama.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@osian2 said:

I don't get why he is going to lose control now though? He spent the last issue training with Magneto and seemed to be holding his own during the Limbo fight. If this happened before those incidents it would make more sense but as it stands it feels like its just for the sake of drama.

Maybe it's just, you know, not enough training? They were in limbo and he lost control to the point he fell over in one blast to Dormammu when he took the visor off and the rest of the fight he was doing ok, but they pointed out Cyclops looked the worst out of all of them when they came out of Limbo. And he had one day of training with Magneto after that. So, I don't see why he would have near complete control all of a sudden? None of them have really mastered their new abilities yet, and the closest one to have any of it down I'd say is Magik, but she is getting help, and Emma, whose diamond form is perfectly stable.

I'd say Cyclops still having the potentials for misfires is still high.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Baberaham_Lincoln

Cyclops' powers are broken in the sense that... it's basically having a tourette's syndrome kinda ordeal if you get me. Just constantly twitching... maybe tourrette's isn't the right term, fits i guess? But either way, it's obvious Bendis has established and emphasised Cyke's broken-ness... so don't be surprised if scott's being written differently all the time

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really, really, really wanna click the link but I've only just got the first hardback copy and as such am only up to #5, don't wanna spoil anything :(.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.