Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Scott's choice

perfectionem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By perfectionem
    No Caption Provided

Hey guys :)

In New X-Men #150 Scott tells Emma he has made a choice between her and Jean but he is interrupted when Xorneto kills Jean.

If he ever got to finish his sentence before Jean Grey died, what do you think who would he have chosen? Jean or Emma?

Obviously, we all know that Scott chose to be with Emma. But that was after Jean's death. And Jean encouraged him to move on.

What do you think would he have said if he got to finish his sentence?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perfectionem: it would have been emma, is that what you want to hear!!!!!!!

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The smart move would be Emma, the dumb move would be Jean.

Emma is exactly what Scott needs. And she truly loves him, above all others. She never asked him to change for her, nor did she wanted him to ask her to change. Any change would be of their own free will.

Jean, on the other hand was always divided between Scott and Logan. She sometimes settle down with Scott but secretly wished she was with Logan. Not only that triangle but also what they went through together. In a way it seemed that every version of Jean from one timeline to another parted ways with Scott. They were each other first real love, but they were not meant to be together.

In many ways Emma surpasses Jean, but mainly because with her, Scott could share anything that went on his mind, he was free to openly admit his mistakes, fears and concerns. With Jean I always had the opposite feeling. She knew what he wanted to say, and because she knew she made it so he felt he didn't needed to say anything. And somethings have to be said no matter what. And also she didn't do it out of concern for Scott, but to satisfy her need. Because he was supposed to always be the rock, the solid ground, and if he showed signs of weakness then she would be more compeled to stay away from him. Has she did, so many times in the past.

I still hope Scott and Emma make up and get back together. Both of them are wasting time, because of something neither could control. Yes the power of the Phoenix corrupted them, and even if it brought out the worst in both of them. That worst isn't who they really are.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
    EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott's choice I heavily doubt was Emma.

Fans are very similar with the romantic dynamic of Emma&Scott or Scott&Jean

Jean at the end of New Xmen Grant Morrison's run White Crown Pheonix Jean Fixed 616 Universe and manipulated Scott into starting a real relationship with Emma...

LaryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what would he choice,but i REALLY lean towards Emma.I mean,she's the best choice for Scott.Jean was the main reason that Scott's been a scoutboy in the past cuz he held him back and made him reastrained.Anyways,with Emma he was herself ,and ,more "alive" if you get what i mean.Jean herself told him that.They are both good in a short of way:Emma:Wild,independent,alive blond.Jean:Shy ,blushes easily,helds back too much,good for a first love.But Emma is better for a relationship.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Mutant kind.

JeannieH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's really a shame how Marvel chose to end the Scott and Jean relationship, and how they chose to let subsequent writers treat the relationship since Jean died. I just can't buy that Scott loved her. The way he's spoken about the relationship, the way he reacted (or didn't) when Emma spoke about Jean or his relationship with her. Their moment in resurrection was nice and I find Rosenberg to be a nuanced writer with a good feel for Jean's voice, when she's not in leader mode, (based on Resurrection and the Preview for the Astonishing Annual), but it just doesn't wash for me. And that is the fault of Marvel.

Because the relationship was ended in such a sordid, viciously nasty manner, I can't see Jean and Scott getting back together. I don't want Jean to be anything other than a team member to Cyclops whenever he comes back. The writers pigeonholed themselves with the Scott, Jean and Emma dynamic.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#9 god_spawn  Moderator

Of course they’d get back together.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.