Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Is there a power update coming?

edson_junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By edson_junior

First I want to apologize for my english, it's not my first language and I don't have fluency yet.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I have read the last Anniversary edition of Uncanny x-men and one thing gets my attention, the little orbs that pops out from Cyclops head and he uses to shoot on the enraged crowd in front of the White House.

In this issue the orbs appear when he puts the "visor", and because this I thought it was something related to the new visor. The orbs channel the beam in different directions and increase the area and direction of the beam. For Cyclops, who use his powers strategically, these orbs are a great tool.

Now, we have the cover of "E is for Extinction", coming in secret wars, whom shows a image of some mutants and one of them is like a old Cyclops with black orbs floating around his head. Can this be a evolution in cyclops powers? If so, it will be the first time I will see any real evolution, not only power increase, and very useful to the character. Anyone think the same, or have another opinion, about these orbs?

No Caption Provided

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2 god_spawn  Moderator

The old guy on the cover to E is for Extinction is Magneto, not Cyclops. And as far as I am concerned, 75th Anniversary issue was just bad fan fiction and doesn't really have a huge bearing on continuity. Just another possible future. With his broken blasts, that can be called a power update.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they shot scott

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Scott should use guns

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By John Valentine
    Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@john_valentine: where's that from?

I can't remember the specific issue, but it's from the "Torn" arc of Whedon's Astonishing X-Men (2004-2008).

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott should not use guns. But it would be cool if he could tunnel the power from his visor to his arms like, wrist cannons. Totally cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Cyclops can never get an upgrade,can he?

Symlen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.