Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Did Cyclops choose Emma Frost over Jean Grey

• 71 results
    KWHere2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By KWHere2

@RogueOracle said:

I'd go with 3. He's with Em. But Jean may have given Scott the nudge, but he didn't make him fall in love with Emma. They did that themselves. They've been committed to each other for years and they were the ones who put in the effort.

IMO, Jean and Scott outgrew each other. If Jean comes back they would be likely to have a very deep and meaningful friendship as both have moved on from one another. He would love Jean, just not be in love with her like he is with Emma. Jean and Scott have a lot of history together so it is inevitable that they care about each other in some shape of form. His heart is with Emma now.

I can agree with this.

I second that. I prefer Emma anyway. At least as a love interest. Not only do they have a lot of history by this point, they've really grown into the people they are now together.

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he could have gone either way prior to her death imo....the boy-scout in him would probably would want to try to fix what was broken in his marriage. But as he said later in Endsong, they had indeed both moved on from each other, and he did truly love Emma, so he could have gone with love to.

Problem was Jean died before he could even make the choice and that entire situation in his mind was unresolved, preventing him from really starting a relationship with Emma. Jean see's he is unable to move on and the dark future that awaits if he isn't able to be the leader he needs to be, and gives him the push he needs to get over his guilt and move on with Emma.

personally, im inclined to think he choose Emma at the time, but he would and did always have doubts about it. Thus the semi-constant issues in their relationship with Jeans shadow constantly over them. he told her to look into his head and see that he wasn't lying when he said he choose her.

JeannieH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's really a shame how Marvel chose to end the Scott and Jean relationship, and how they chose to let subsequent writers treat the relationship since Jean died. I just can't buy that Scott loved her. The way he's spoken about the relationship, the way he reacted (or didn't) when Emma spoke about Jean or his relationship with her. Their moment in resurrection was nice and I find Rosenberg to be a nuanced writer with a good feel for Jean's voice, when she's not in leader mode, (based on Resurrection and the Preview for the Astonishing Annual), but it just doesn't wash for me. And that is the fault of Marvel.

Because the relationship was ended in such a sordid, viciously nasty manner, I can't see Jean and Scott getting back together. I don't want Jean to be anything other than a team member to Cyclops whenever he comes back. The writers pigeonholed themselves with the Scott, Jean and Emma dynamic.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#54  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

At one point.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeannieh: Eh time heals all wounds if were talking writers being pigeon hold. DC went through an entire arc in Green Lantern where a character started losing their love based powers because Hal Jordan spent years being unreliable. She fell in love with someone else gained new powers and then 2 years after all of that they were back together before being pulled apart by Grant "I hate love" Morrison last week. No one batted an eye.

It's hard to say where to stand with Scott, Emma and Jean. For the most part alot of people mad at Scott are ill informed. Scott was possessed and recovering from PTSD at the start of the Emma affair, they couldn't talk things out and Jean went for Logan for comfort the same way he went to Emma, his hang ups over the relationship were obvious since no one in their right mind would have their mistress roleplay as their wife. And in the end he was so ashamed of how it ended that it took a psychic command from beyond the grave to drive him to Emma.

You can argue easily that while he was attracted to Emma in New X-Men that there isn't much to suggest romantic feelings until the very end when he is given a command to "live".

From Astonishing onward Jean is sore spot for Emma because she repeatedly states that Cyclops is thinking about her or hoping that Jean is coming back or hoping that Hope or Jeen will become his Jean. And while there's alot of times Cyke doesn't respond to these statements by Emma we've seen him repeatedly ask her to get out of his head when she comments on his thoughts of Jean. There's an argument for the fact that Cyclops never having the opportunity to grieve an Emma being insecure about being in love with him while he was still in love with Jean is what doomed their relationship since the only time we ever see them butt heads (other then her doing underhanded things to students) was over Jean.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
    TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TheInsufferable

Ah, one of time's threads, @koays used to love those, right? Anyhow, from a story standpoint, I can see it being written either way and still making sense.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theinsufferable: Lol I really wish I knew Time was seeping her hate onto the Cyclops board back in the day. It would've given me something to do on those days when she wasn't on the main X-boards telling us how evil the fictional character Emma Frost was for stealing her spot from all of the other female X-Men....despite all of the other female X-Men being major characters during that same time. The good ol days.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 god_spawn  Moderator

@koays: I’d post a clapping gif right now, but I’m on mobile. Until then, I’ll just have Cassandra Logan take Baechel for a walkie.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: -_- Rachel isn't for play-play. We're gonna have to settle this one day....not to day, but soon....

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 god_spawn  Moderator

@koays: Mutant God King of the X-Boards vs God Spawn, Cykology101. It’ll sell.

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Or you could just name it Dawn of the Cykos.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Koays

@god_spawn: lmao....the ppv buys alone will be amazing.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 god_spawn  Moderator
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 god_spawn  Moderator

@koays: Tagline “GET CYKED”

HonikerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By HonikerX

Why are you guys under the impression that Cyclops is monogamous?

Are you serious? I mean he doesn't even have a mother he's a real, doesn't belong to Any ladies... Seriously.. Jean's not married? No, she was married before Scott existed, in what world, is Jean not HERA?

But a Cyclops is a monster, and Monoclopto is good? They're GREEK! The X-MEN, all of them, they don't, they're not monogamous you guys! They are NOT! Warren Worthington is? What are the wings for? Cyclops has girlfriends, so does Jean, so does Wendy.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'll go with 3.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 god_spawn  Moderator
    TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honikerx: Uhh, You're going a bit too mythic.

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TheInsufferable

@god_spawn: Basically saying Cyclops compensate for the lack of eyes with abundance of wives.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 god_spawn  Moderator
    HonikerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

which was marital? romance? 'non-manogamous' doesn't mean 'many wives' unless you, here in america, said romance is marital?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 god_spawn  Moderator

Ok, then.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@god_spawn: Basically saying Cyclops compensate for the lack of eyes with abundance of wives.

I didn't get that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.