Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11231 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Cyclops Feats

• 75 results
    Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Aero_gt

@BlackArmor: Pretty much.-3-

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@homeslice: I didn't get a notification for this, anyways I don't think a solo book with him would work out tbh.

homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By homeslice

@Aero_gt:I haven't seen any of the xmen anime personally but i read some reviews for the first episode and they said that scott was basically whining about jean all the time. I don't like his costume in it either. hopefully his role develops further into the series. I agree with your views on the x men movies- although first class was awesome especially magneto imo. i missed the beginning tho. I thought things would look up in the first class sequel but it was recently announced that the writer hired was one of the co-writers of X3 so i now have no expectations.

@god_spawn: yeah I'm doubtful that it would be successful as well. I do have hope that some writer has the ability to make a spectacular cyclops ongoing even though i know still it might not be successful sales-wise. This is why I had so much hope in the first class sequel- that it could possibly introduce cyclops as the awesome leader of the xmen and therefore result in him gaining some popularity. None of this is going to happen though - just a bit of wishful thinking.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@homeslice: It's possible. I think maybe with Wolverine off on his own team and hearing good things about UXM 1 which was a good read so far, it gives more room for other characters and it's possible Cykes might gain a boost in popularity.

homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By homeslice

@god_spawn:I really hope so. Cyke haters don't seem to change their mind about him but I was one of them a long time ago so I guess we'll just have to wait and see and remain optimistic.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By BatteredArmor

@homeslice: I saw the third episode of the anime Scott was whiny about jean but he had some good moments. they treated him as the leader and didn't downplay him so all and all not a bad medium for cyke

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

For the record the Japanese anime sucked, I saw the first episode of English one, and I didn't like it any better.

@homeslice: I hated Cyclops too for awhile myself, he was always so boring back then. Either whiny over Jean or a total boyscout but boring, no charisma like Cap or Superman.

homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By homeslice

i guess I'll try out the anime series and see for myself. I don't have any expectations tho.

@god_spawn: word up, I know exactly what u mean. I can't remember how I became a cyke fan but I'm glad that I did.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@homeslice: For me it was probably X-men Evo which is my fave animated cartoon Marvel has done, Cykes was awesome in that show staring down the Juggernaut. That started it but Emma Frost is the main reason. I'm a huge Emma fan, she is my 2nd fave character. I think since he left Jean and was with Emma it was that starting change that sparked a new dynamic as he began leaving that boy scout attitude for a more stern and necessary survivalist attitude and basically became the mutant messiah. I always enjoyed Emma as a character and i guess just the dynamic between the two for is awesome, written well both characters are at their best and I enjoy that so Cykes grew on me and eventually became my fave character.

homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By homeslice

@god_spawn: Xmen evo was cool especially since it had no scott/logan rivalry fighting over jean etc. I remember that episode- it was sick. I love when he removes the visor. I don't know that much about Emma but she's really grown on me since she got together with scott. haha in a way its kinda the reverse of your situation. Emma's now one of my favourite xmen and I agree on their awesome dynamic as a couple. I'm glad they didn't ruin it with schism and so far things seem to be going great for the both of them. the new uncanny teaser is worrying though.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@homeslice: I'm not worried, it isn''t like Emma and Namor haven't had these teasers in the past and all of them end with Namor rejected and considering Emma just bankrolled her company for Scott Gillen is writing them as they should be, Scott shed some of that hardened exterior and made Emma her strong self like it should be . He rekindled them in away that was needed and he just made Scott call out for Emma when Sinister was blasting them, At least he is showing concern which he hasn't for them in a long time.

homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By homeslice

@god_spawn: yeah I guess you're right. Hopefully he keeps it up, I'm really looking forward to the rest of uncanny.

and here's one for the forum.

No Caption Provided
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@homeslice: She could've ended at the end of Schism but didn't or gone with Namor, but Gillen I have faith in so far the series is off to a good start..

My fave agility feat.

No Caption Provided
    GRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By GRider

@god_spawn: cool

Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
    Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

Woot woot, as long as Andy doesn't find out and beats me with a stick we should be ok.

My ears were burning.

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BlackArmor said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

First one is not Cyclops.

Second one is I do not believe is canon. Though I may be wrong. Could swear that was in some what if, or alternate reality.

VesKaGan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By VesKaGan

Yes, its Vulcan. You can see Cyclops being pushed away in the first panel. The scan is from Deadly Genesis, and I believe the story is canon.

Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By homeslice

@god_spawn: true.

and i thought this was cool- a mental feat.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70  Edited By karrob

Some folks dont give Scott enough credit. He is skilled and a great leader.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Andy Steven Summers: My Bad

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Andy Steven Summers: What no stick beating?

Markall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Markall

I would love to see Cyclops getting new or improved power, i mean he still is a Alpha Mutant....................

VesKaGan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By VesKaGan

No, I believe he would be an Alpha, if he could controll his power. As long as he can't, he is a Beta. At least I remember reading this somewhere.

And his power is just fine. One thing I really like about him: it's not mainly his mutation that defines his fighting skills. Giving him an upgrade would certainly not help his character development - it'd rather ruin it in my opinion.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By moywar700

behold his optic blasts

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.