Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Awesome Toy Picks: Marvel Legends Infinite - Cyclops

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we take a close look at a comic book collectible. That means taking it out of the package. Each month we let the community choose a character of the month and for September it was Cyclops. The timing was perfect when I came across a Cyclops figure from the Marvel Legends Infinite X-Men series.

No Caption Provided

Somehow I was completely unaware of this line. I saw the figures at the Long Beach Comic Con and picked this one up. I still haven't seen any of this line in actual stores. It's a Build-a-Figure set. It looks like Cyclops comes with a severed arm but it's actually so you can build a Jubilee figure.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Usually the Build-a-Figures are larger characters. Having it be Jubilee is a little odd. Perhaps it's because they feel "kids" wouldn't be interested in buying a Jubilee figure? Whatever the case, Jubilee fans can celebrate in the release of this figure, even if it's a little creepy seeing her severed body parts in the different packages.

What made this figure stand out to me was the fact that it's the new/current Cyclops costume. We haven't had one in that style and it's pretty cool to have one already.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

As with other Marvel Legends figure, you get a decent amount of articulation. These figures can be put in different poses. There may not be an incredible amount of detail but there is a good amount. The new mask, while I still think it's a little weird, does give him an interesting look. You can see the paint job on his face is a little lacking but it's still a good looking figure.

The other concern with these figures is the arm joints. You can move them around but in some positions it might look a little weird, especially when the designs on the costume don't line up.

No Caption Provided

The costume design is simple but there are parts that stand out. The detail in the belt looks nice and it's good that it has a more separate look and feel rather than just strictly molded to the character.

No Caption Provided

With the joints in the legs and ankles, you can give him a different stance rather than the typical standard one. But it might come across as a little odd.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The joint in his neck is really weird. It's always great to have a figure where you can move their head around. This figure's head can really be moved beyond a normal position.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

You can also try to put this figure in a Hulk Smash position.

No Caption Provided

I mentioned that this line caught me off guard. When X-Men: Days of Future Past was released in theaters, the closest X-Men merchandise we had was the X-Men LEGO set. Whether you like him or hate him, it's really nice to see a Cyclops action figure, especially in the new costume to separate him from past versions.

Who else is excited about this figure?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

That's all we have for this week. We will likely won't have an installment next weekend because we'll be at New York Comic Con but we will have a special edition this week.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

"Awesome Art"? Not caring for the new costume, to S-M 2099-ish.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

more interested in the stryfe figure lol

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

That's a very cool figure/costume.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nice. Might pick up one of those...

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

It looks good however I'm not interested in buying a cyclops figure and if I did it would be one that look like the 90's show version. It would be cool if you look at some Green Arrow's figure since he is character of the month.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Not a great figure, no visor pressing hand which is a must on all Cyclops figures (couldn't have included as an interchangeable hand even) and why is his visor Orange? It should match the rest of the costume.

Hopefully Hasbro will release the Phoenix Five Cyclops version and Rogue, they have been promising us for ages but by the looks of it not until 2016

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is he 3.75" ...

Every day I wake up from the same dream, one where Hasbro regularly publishes previews and release dates for upcoming figures.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By leokearon

Is he 3.75" ...

Every day I wake up from the same dream, one where Hasbro regularly publishes previews and release dates for upcoming figures.

No He's a Marvel legends figure so he's 6"

battlewingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

could you review "DC's Cyclops" and "Image's Cyclops"? i cant decide which to get

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By StarWatcher

No impressed... The colors are wrong and the visor is mismatched. His face is also really bland, I'd like an angry face.

Though it IS cool that we get the new outfit I guess.

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By StarWatcher

Not a great figure, no visor pressing hand which is a must on all Cyclops figures (couldn't have included as an interchangeable hand even) and why is his visor Orange? It should match the rest of the costume.

Hopefully Hasbro will release the Phoenix Five Cyclops version and Rogue, they have been promising us for ages but by the looks of it not until 2016

That would be because he doesn't have to press any visor with this costume...

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how does Scott's new visor work? it looks like the red x doesn't actually cover his eyes

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And here I thought he came with Ponda Baba's arm for some bizarre reason...

Mahzian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was lucky to grab this series from my local comic store about a month back, Marvel Legends haven't really been at mass retail here in Australia since the Onslaught wave :( The Jubilee figure was scheduled to be released awhile back as part of the regular ML line but as it got cancelled they found a way to get it out there which is great, it's the first ML scaled Jubilee too woohoo!

The standout for me in this wave is the Storm figure, it is AMAZING, the only thing bad about it is her high heels which make her almost impossible to stand without a... stand. Sadly Storm and Magneto are hard to come by and are fetching high prices already.

Luckily the Wolverine figure doesn't come with any parts of Jubilee, good thinking on Hasbro's part there, a lot of people have millions of Wolverine figures already and buying one just for a BAF piece would have been a pain.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

If only it was an infinity figure.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Jubilee? The build-a-fig is Jubilee? Look, I like her as much as the next X-Men fan (as long as she's not a vampire) but what happened to when it was guys like Galactus and Onslaught? Characters who wouldn't fit in a regular box!

Avatar image for spacemanspiff85
    spacemanspiff85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's interesting that Cyclops in this line is in his new Uncanny X-Men uniform, but Magneto isn't. I think a Magneto figure in the black would be neat.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Should have optic blast piece with it.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i want one

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i might build jubilee even tho i dont have her

every figure that come with her body part looks nice

Astro_Zombie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty cool figure. Reminds me of the G.I. Joes I had growing up in the 80's.

Floyd_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice Cyclops!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

illustrate303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new Cyclops costume looks best when Chris Bachalo draws it. I think he came up with the design too. I hated the costume he had during AVX but Bachalo always made it look cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The new Cyclops costume looks best when Chris Bachalo draws it. I think he came up with the design too. I hated the costume he had during AVX but Bachalo always made it look cool.

You're right.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.