Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11231 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

All-New X-Men Young Cyclops

• 55 results
    Vec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vec

Young Cyclops now in the present is being treated like crap, young Jean can't even look at him anymore. Wolverine goes so far as to suggest killing him, a 16 yearish old boy for crimes that wont happen for 30 something years just to get Charles back. Wolverine needs to learn how to think sometimes. What if he did kill Scott, what would that cause from the 25+ years that Scott did good.

I do like the part where young Scott takes Wolverine's Jacket and motorcycle.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By dangallant984

I really don't think Wolverine was actually going to kill Cyclops, I think he was just mad and issuing some tough love to try and make a point/scare him strait. Storm would've stepped in way sooner if she thought he was serious, and she's always been a good judge of his character. If he was really gonna do it, he wouldn't have put it to the X-men first.

And I think Jean is just overwhelmed and confused.

Not that young Scott is aware of any of this, so, yeah, poor him, I guess. It's making for a fun read though.

HouseOfRao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HouseOfRao

Jean was wondering where Scott was in ANXM 6, so their situation isn't entirely bad. Wolverine has gotten better at controlling his emotions and using his brain more. But he can't really betray what he feels. I am sure Wolverine knows a bunch bad things would happen if he killed Teen-Scott. Personally reading Teen-Scott is the best thing to happen to me for Marvel since the Winter Soldier book.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Eeshaan1685

TBH I blame Beast for all the crap that happened to young Scott. Time travel is not a good idea ever. It's not wise to play around with history or the future. Scott is the most selfless and noble among all the X-Men, even after going through a load of crap during his life. And on top of that Beast showed Jean stuff that she DEFINITELY should not be seeing. That guy is too selfish.

If they really wanna make another alternate timeline, then how about showing us the timeline where Rachel is born, or make that happen in this timeline. IMHO that girl gets even worse treatment than Scott. I feel sorry for both father & daughter :(

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Decoy Elite

Doesn't matter that much since he's just gonna get mind raped by Xaiver once he gets back to his own time.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@Decoy Elite: So you're saying that when he goes back theres not gonna be ANOTHER alternate reality situation but history as usual with the Scott/Jean thing and Beast getting furry & all that stuff that we have been reading since X-Men #1 ? If so then good.

But I still wanna see Scott & Jean create baby Rachel. That poor girl needs to stop drawing the short straw.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Avenger85: Bendis made it pretty clear early on that Xaiver will erase their memories.

I don't think he'd bring it up if he wasn't gonna have it happen.

Although I could see him changing that if it seems like fans want an alt reality story or something.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@Decoy Elite:

Yeah thats true. But I'd rather prefer a complete reset, AKA DC crisis button, instead of an alternate reality. I've had enough of alternate realities. Would be cool if they re-released the series from the very first X-Men issue, but with new artwork etc.

Yeah I am a nostalgic fan of X-men, but sometimes, going back to thee roots or nostalgia is good.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Avenger85: I personally think the last thing the MU needs is a reboot.

Avatar image for markus_langbourn
    Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Markus_Langbourn

Honestly, the best thing Cyclops fans can do is to just not buy this series. It's destroying the character, and it doesn't even remotely make any sense. It's different if this was a well-crafted epic that slowly tore Cyclops down, in the manner of Born Again, but it's not. It's just illogical garbage, written by a guy who read the first issue of Uncanny X-Men and didn't want to read anymore, so he brought that cast into the future. It's lazy writing. It's offensive crap, and you have to, HAVE TO stop buying it if you ever want Cyclops to be treated as a character ever again. Instead of just another foil for modern Logan.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11  Edited By lorex

Thers is alot of wish fulfilment going on in All New X-Men. Bendis gets to put his spin on the original X-Men without dealing with all the X-Men continunity. He can stroke his own ego all he wants knowing there is a built in out cause eventually have to go back and Xavier will erase their memories when they do. There is a live Jean Grey again. It seems to me that she is being made the leader cause old Cyclops has been tared and feathered by Marvel and everyone is touting Saint Jean. I know there is only 6 issues so far but it seems to me that young Jean is rapidly being transformed to more closely match old Jean. Beast was redesigned again cause some people did not like the current version.

Personally I would like to see more of young Bobby and Warren get more attention and less focus on the young power couple. It seems strange to me that thus far Rachel has not had any interaction with young Jean, espically when young Jean found out her entire history and everything that will happen to her. I think it would be interesting to see more interaction between the O5 and the students at the school.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@Markus_Langbourn said:

Honestly, the best thing Cyclops fans can do is to just not buy this series. It's destroying the character, and it doesn't even remotely make any sense. It's different if this was a well-crafted epic that slowly tore Cyclops down, in the manner of Born Again, but it's not. It's just illogical garbage, written by a guy who read the first issue of Uncanny X-Men and didn't want to read anymore, so he brought that cast into the future. It's lazy writing. It's offensive crap, and you have to, HAVE TO stop buying it if you ever want Cyclops to be treated as a character ever again. Instead of just another foil for modern Logan.

I gotto agree with you there, As I have already stated it in other posts, time-travel is a bad idea. You dont mess around with history. And history has a very bad habit of repeating itself, something that Marvel writers cannot grasp.

And honestly, Cyclops is a guy who has usually gotten the short end of the stick the most often in Marvel. He's known for, what ? shooting lasers out of his eyes ? OK. Leader of the X-Men ? no-one cares are they're all busy drooling over Wolverine's badassery. He had a permanently damaging accident in childhood and was an orphan. He accidentaly married a clone of his one true love, and had to send his son away after he was infected with a techno-organic virus, then his clone wife tries to destroy the whole universe and dies. Then when he marries the real Jean, Apocalypse messes with his mind and ruins his marriage then his wife dies. That's why I'm rooting for him all the time, he's the underdog.

Now, Marvel have made him their new scapegoat for a cause that I think Cyclops is justified. The guy's decisions are usually for the best. And his younger version is shit on by everyone for just being young Scott, while he loses leadership of the X-Men and now all of Marvel History might be destroyed due to this.

Jeez, cut the poor guy some slack.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By chasereis

@Vec: Wolvie would never kill Scott, he was just running his mouth in anger. But Cyclops only "works" around Logan when they are trying to kill each other. I absolutely abhor the notion of them being best friends, it was terrible. I thought they were going admit to being Bronies or something. Very ill thought out storylines then no matter how "well written". All New X-Men sells out every time at my comic shop and the overall sales figures havent declined so clearly they will be doing something cool with O5. (@Avenger85: I agree with your statement) I just hope it eventually does something that completely changes the X-Universe forever.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@chasereis: Yeah at this time, DC is clearly better reading than MArvel IMHO. Deathstroke FTW !

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By chasereis

@Avenger85: Indeed! My DC pull list is like an ominous shadow dwarfing the misshapen Marvel Universe now.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Eeshaan1685

Just read ANXM no. 7. Damn man, I really feel sorry for young Scott. Poor kid needs some good advice but he's getting manipulated now. And Beast IMHO now deserves a full powered Phoenix Force-fuelled Optic Blast to the face for starting this huge mess. I can se young Scott giving Beast what he rightfully deseves soon...

And he's perfectly right to call Hank a son of a bitch for getting them into the future, just to punish young Scott for killing the professor ( which he didnt do ).

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DarkxSeraph

@Avenger85: "And he's perfectly right to call Hank a son of a bitch for getting them into the future, just to punish young Scott for killing the professor ( which he didnt do )."

Eh... I think you're pretty skewed here. It wasn't to punish young scott. Hank is already aware that Xavier will Mindwipe the group when they get back to their own time. This has been brought up several times (why people keep ignoring this inevitability is completely beyond me).

And, even if it DOESN'T happen, he would prefer it to be so Scot DOESN'T make the choices he did. Primarily, he wanted present-day Scott to see how far he had fallen, remind him of where he came from, and try to make him redeem himself for how far he had fallen.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@DarkxSeraph: I have a feeling that they're gonna turn the X-Men history & universe completely upside-down now by making young Scott into a real villain, given how easily he's being manipulated by Mystique. By the time the O5 have to go back to their own time, Old-school Scott Summers will have lost all of his ideology and beliefs that made him the leader of the X-Men in the first place. The new Magneto lol.

Marvel needs to cut that poor guy some slack.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DarkxSeraph

The flaw with that logic/train of thought?

They can't.

Unless they write it that Scott played along all this time and knew everything he was doing and didn't change ANYTHING, they would have to re-write not just X-Men continuity, but Marvel Continuity as well. So, in essence, this will NOT happen.

However much I would love to see the Marvel Universe get a re-boot similar to the DCnU, it won't happen at this point. Marvel NOW restarted a LOT of titles, and they won't just cancel them now. IF they were going to do a continuity re-write, they would have done so at the launch of the new #1 issues. To start new series/books just to cancel them for a new, re-written universe would be kinda pointless.

As much as people want to see something go down or change in terms of the X-Men history... this isn't going to do it.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By havoc1201

this whole series just keeps stating that scott has falling so far from his former self when really he has done what he has always done he has sacrificed himself for his race just because beast and logan and the others do not agree with what he did does not make him wrong and by them just telling the young X-men their side of the story is bull Sh!t and young Scott needs to find old Scott for the real story of why he did what he did, I think once that happens and Jean reads old Scotts mind they will have a differant opinion on the matter and then i hope Beast get a optic blast to the face.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@Vec: Wolverine was a part of a team that killed a young clone of Apocalypse. This shouldn't be a surprise.

Young Cyclops is learning to deal with a world where his future self went on to do some very (at best) controversial things that fly in the face of what he believes.

guardiandevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By guardiandevil

@Crash_Recovery: I agree with you completely, don't forget these are teenagers running around in a vast and strange time compared to their own. I'm not surprised by the tone of the book and how young Scott is treated; its a natural reaction since AVX just ended months ago. Only time will tell whats going to happen to both young and modern Cyclops

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

After reading All New X-men 7 I think things are going to get better for Scott.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By One_Eye

@oviouslyjeangrey: Yeah, that last panel was so powerful. :)

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@One_Eye: Yea I loved it.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CTG

Yea I definitely feel like they were successful in taking him from confused, almost broken kid to someone w/ a new mission, determination and the resolve to set things right. It doesn't seem like he's going to be taking too much of anyone's crap anymore - especially Beast, who has needed to be put in his place for a long time.

Even more amazing is that Bendis managed to do it in one issue. I read a lot of complaining about Bendis' writing on this board, but dude has been hitting it out of the park.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#27  Edited By McKlayn

@CTG said:

Yea I definitely feel like they were successful in taking him from confused, almost broken kid to someone w/ a new mission, determination and the resolve to set things right. It doesn't seem like he's going to be taking too much of anyone's crap anymore - especially Beast, who has needed to be put in his place for a long time.

Even more amazing is that Bendis managed to do it in one issue. I read a lot of complaining about Bendis' writing on this board, but dude has been hitting it out of the park.

Ditto

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By chasereis

@CTG said:

I am far more interested now in Cyclops returning to his roots than being a two bit knock off of his son's original role as apocalyptic savior of the mutant race. Bendis is doing just fine right now, but it really offends the elitists that prefer the Vertigo Comics like Cyclops from early 2000's. However there are also those who just are natural enemies to Bendis too and that's ok as well...

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@chasereis: Yeah. I like the old-school Cyclops. The original Mutant Boy Scout.

The Cyclops of Zur-en-Arrh is gonna follow this path, so it'll be nice to see a return to the good old days.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By chasereis

@Avenger85: lol. Agreed!

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By boob

Can you really blame her? Look at it through her eyes, the man she loved is going to marry and have a baby with your clone. Even though no one knew that at the time, they just thought Maddie looked like Jean. Which doesn't help the matter, the girl has to question why does he have feelings for her is it because its skin deep, or how she looks (remember she is a female we do have doubts on our body)?  

No Caption Provided

Then years later he kinda makes out with another woman: 
     Then years later after that he kinda cheats on you with another woman  
     Then years later after that he kinda cheats on you with another woman  
     Then latter on your whole family is massacred, and he does nothing to avenge them. Then years latter he kills someone you consider your second father.     
     Then latter on your whole family is massacred, and he does nothing to avenge them. Then years latter he kills someone you consider your second father.     
     Remember this is pre-Phoenix. So she only knows about it through his mind, and it was a quick scan. Wouldn't you kinda be pissed?
     Remember this is pre-Phoenix. So she only knows about it through his mind, and it was a quick scan. Wouldn't you kinda be pissed?
    Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@boob: lol He was telepathically manipulated into falling in love with Maddie, by Sinister. And he rejected Psylocke's advances, telling her that he loved Jean. Then Emma's affair was alot more complicated than it looked, as Scott was mentally tortured by Apocallypse and developed a darker personality, while not being given the help he needed from Jean or Xavier. His own wife left him for dead after the apocallypse thing.

It's a very one-sided view on Scott you have there.. Scott has sacrificed and suffered alot, but still kept going, with the weight of the entire mutant race on his shoulders. So it was expected that after all the hardship & suffering he's gone through, he will one day snap & kill Xavier.

But Im sure the Cyclops of Zurr-en-Arrh will make things right & not repeat these mistakes.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DarkxSeraph

God, guys... lay off him. The Batman of Marvel Comics... geez. :P

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By havoc1201

I really dont think young scott will change anything once he and Jean see it through Scotts eyes it will be a different story, all she has seen is Beasts side of the story not the full story and when she does she will see all the horrors Scott went through for all these years and she will begin to understand better, maybe even join Scott. I love the new Scott he is finally taking a stand as his own man not Xaviers pet boy scout. he saved Mutant kind and all he gets is people saying he is a murderer and needs to be stopped when really he did what he always has done and protected his species.

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By boob
    @Avenger85: I'm not saying Scott's strings have not been pulled. The guys life is one soap opera after another. But for young Jean she only saw glimpses of his mind, so she did not get the full story. Even when Hank showed her his memories you have to remember its from his eyes and point of view. And lets be honest he has always been more on her side, then Scott's. So in other words she just got a book where the majority of the chapters are blacked out. 
    Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Eeshaan1685

deleted

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By havoc1201

did Beast show jean all the things Xavier has done over the years bc his hands were never clean either with the mind wiping and control of his X-men, so really all the things that Scott has done is no worse the any other X-men When Jean was the Phonex she killed solar systems when scott had the PF he killed Xavier. Now he is the worst mutant ever? really?

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every current Marvel event or storyline seems to have to involve one character of prominence being the scapegoat and completely sh!t on, regardless of if it is deserved or not. I'm not sure if they can even portray anyone as smart and (arguably) wrong anymore, all they can do is make them look bad and have everyone feel the same way like lemmings. It's just his turn and in time it will pass and everyone will conveniently forget about it.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dayvid3

@Avenger85 said:

@Decoy Elite:

Yeah thats true. But I'd rather prefer a complete reset, AKA DC crisis button, instead of an alternate reality. I've had enough of alternate realities. Would be cool if they re-released the series from the very first X-Men issue, but with new artwork etc.

Yeah I am a nostalgic fan of X-men, but sometimes, going back to thee roots or nostalgia is good.

I'd definitely be down for this. Update with the times (don't give us the original costumes here in 2013), clean up all these damn alternate timelines, time travel sucks. Just save Cable. DC's reset seems pretty good so far, although I never read much of the pre new 52. Screw talking heads traveling to parallel earths meeting the exact same several mutants rise to prominance, no ultimate universe. 2099 can stay if you like.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@havoc1201: TBH I do agree with Xavier's mind-wiping. Its necessary for those who have seens things that they shouldn't have ( like the future), or a second-chance alternative to outright killing a person- making him start over.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By CTG

Very delayed response due to new member posting limitations... which sucks.

@chasereis: Well that just the thing - the whole "mutant savior" arc is done. Cyclops is on a road of redemption now. I feel like he's at a point where he's still not only dealing w/ how other mutants perceive him after AvX, but also how he perceives himself. Naming his school after Xavier shows that somewhere, he still feels like that dream is worth saving, but he's no longer willing to turn the other cheek and allow mutants to be the victim. Ultimately he's torn between so many things right now and that what makes him interesting. If nothing else, Cyclops has always been sure of what he is - that's no longer the case.

IMO he's the only X-Man that has a right to feel whatever he feels. He has the right to feel angry, betrayed, sorrow, confused, etc.

Taking Young Scott into account, I think we'll see more of that anger come from him. Revolutionary Scott doesn't have the time to be angry - he's on a mission. I feel Young Scott is going to be the one of the O5 that's going to question everything that's going on. He's going to want to see the other side of the coin, the other side of the story that he's not getting from Wolverine, Beast and Storm. Mystique did a number on him - for better and worse.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JohnnyGat

Now in the long term what says is true they can't truly change the history of the X-men universe upside down the thing is the history of the X-men for one already happened. The best case scenario is that it will create an alternate reality where the O5's experiences through ANXM remain intact and that some of the results of changing their past leak out into the main reality.

@DarkxSeraph said:

The flaw with that logic/train of thought?They can't.Unless they write it that Scott played along all this time and knew everything he was doing and didn't change ANYTHING, they would have to re-write not just X-Men continuity, but Marvel Continuity as well. So, in essence, this will NOT happen.However much I would love to see the Marvel Universe get a re-boot similar to the DCnU, it won't happen at this point. Marvel NOW restarted a LOT of titles, and they won't just cancel them now. IF they were going to do a continuity re-write, they would have done so at the launch of the new #1 issues. To start new series/books just to cancel them for a new, re-written universe would be kinda pointless.As much as people want to see something go down or change in terms of the X-Men history... this isn't going to do it.

Assuming that if Scott does come back and keeps his memory that whatever changes may occur would in the end still have to be within the 616 universe. In the history of the X-men we've seen several alternate realities that aren't confined to what-if universes and is it so hard to imagine that should the concept that Young Scott would go back in time with memories in tact that he branches out to a different reality. An alternate present if you will as opposed to alternate futures.

Young Scott could in the end be a villain depending on who's writing, some sort of mutant conqueror that jumps realities after making sure mutants are ruling is an example wherein we can easily explain how we can retain these characters and their experiences going into the future here in All New X-men and be able to apply them for current plots even after they go back.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@JohnnyGat: Nah I think Cyclops, the original Mutant Boy Scout has been villified enough. No need for him to become a villain now. I prefer the return to the old school Scott, which i can see happening with the Zurr-enh-Arrh Cyclops. That without being just a lackey for Xavier. Im glad Cyclops is now gonna stand up for himself.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JohnnyGat

@Avenger85 said:

@JohnnyGat: Nah I think Cyclops, the original Mutant Boy Scout has been villified enough. No need for him to become a villain now. I prefer the return to the old school Scott, which i can see happening with the Zurr-enh-Arrh Cyclops. That without being just a lackey for Xavier. Im glad Cyclops is now gonna stand up for himself.

I never said that he would be a villain implied the possibility yes. It's a possibility but I was just pointing out that on your original comment about how going back in time it could change the history of the X-men universe upside down isn't generally possible but at the same time trying to point out to those that strictly believe that Xavier will just mind wipe them all fine and dandy that denying the possibility that some changes can occur for the O5 out of this can still happen.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@CTG: That's just fine with me, as long as Beast get an optic blast or two to the face.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CTG

@Avenger85: Aye - I haven't liked Beast for a long time. Probably since Nightcrawler died. Him being angry and wanting to blame Cyclops is one thing, but he's been the biggest tool and hypocrite since then.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DarkxSeraph

... because cyke hasn't been a tool at all... or a hypocrite? >.>

<.>
    The guy reamed Hellion for killing a person that was a direct threat (Omega Sentinel), when Cyke himself had created X-Force for... what? Killing threats to mutantkind.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By chasereis

@CTG: Hmmm. I agree with the part on the road to redemption but I think it is going to end two fold with cyclops (in story) returning more to his Xavier based roots and eventually a turn around to meet Jean with some type of new renaissance for the character. Which I wouldn't mind, since I haven't felt like we've really seen Cyclops since the 90's, but I'll digress. However I would state that I've never found myself thinking of Scott being certain of his identity, in fact that was kind of his defining paradox in the Dark Phoenix-X-Factor era. His struggle with the "loss" of Jean (actually Phoenix Clone), Marriage and conception with (yet another) clone of Jean and finding the real one alive and still in love with him sometimes diffused his identity all the while struggling to lead his friends in there fights and keep them alive, which I found truly captivating to read about. However that is not to understate that I do not find his internal struggles right now to be unwarranted or even uninteresting because this is the reason I've been actually buy day one X-Books again. I think it is funny that a mediocre writer has had so many good ideas of late, but I suppose that is better than trying to script something with a mediocre plot...lol.

Good stuff.

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By boob

@Brazen_Intellect: And thats why apart of me is glade Kurt is dead. I just would not know what would happen if the fuzzy elf was turnef into an ass.

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50  Edited By xmentas

@Avenger85 said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

I gotto agree with you there, As I have already stated it in other posts, time-travel is a bad idea. You dont mess around with history. And history has a very bad habit of repeating itself, something that Marvel writers cannot grasp.

And honestly, Cyclops is a guy who has usually gotten the short end of the stick the most often in Marvel. He's known for, what ? shooting lasers out of his eyes ? OK. Leader of the X-Men ? no-one cares are they're all busy drooling over Wolverine's badassery. He had a permanently damaging accident in childhood and was an orphan. He accidentaly married a clone of his one true love, and had to send his son away after he was infected with a techno-organic virus, then his clone wife tries to destroy the whole universe and dies. Then when he marries the real Jean, Apocalypse messes with his mind and ruins his marriage then his wife dies. That's why I'm rooting for him all the time, he's the underdog.

Now, Marvel have made him their new scapegoat for a cause that I think Cyclops is justified. The guy's decisions are usually for the best. And his younger version is shit on by everyone for just being young Scott, while he loses leadership of the X-Men and now all of Marvel History might be destroyed due to this.

Jeez, cut the poor guy some slack.

while I too agree with alot of this, they are trying to make him more popular among fans. Notice he's LEADING Uncanny X-men. I almost feel like AVX was to get Cyclops more popular (in a weird way). I never thought Cyclops would be anything but an underdog, but when my friend got a beta key for the marvel mmo, more than half the people were using Cyclops. Either he's very powerful, or gaining popularity.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.