Follow

Cyborg

Character » Cyborg appears in 2930 issues.

Half man, half machine - all hero! After a near fatal incident, Victor Stone was cybernetically enhanced by his father. He now possesses the ability to communicate, manipulate, and interface with nearly all forms of technology. As he is constantly upgrading, he promises to defend the future from any threat. He is also a founding member of the Teen Titans and in some continuities, the Justice League.

Would You Read A Cyborg & The Metal Men Book?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Geoff Johns as said that there will be new books spinning out of the aftermath of Forever Evil and with Cyborg being rebuild as Cyborg 2.0 and with the Metal Men in toe, would you guys read an ongoing with with them hunting down rogue A.I's like the Grid, Brother EYE ect

No Caption Provided

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I would most definitely read a cyborg solo ongoing but I'm not that interested in the metal men sadly

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@knightfall225: Both are going to need a hand in sales so why not put them together?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

@jonny_anonymous: he never said he they shouldn't be put together . He just said he was interested in one and not the other.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By kidchipotle

Absolutely 100%. This book NEEDS to happen. Whether it's called "Cyborg and the Metal Men" or "Justice League A.I." or something entirely different, this is a book that I feel can definitely do Cyborg a huge favor. It's not exactly a solo but it's the best thing for him as he can be the main focus and with the rest of the team backing him up. I haven't been the most supportive person of Cyborg since the reboot but this will get me on board with him again.

However, I also question -- If this book DOES happen, does he leave the JL or stay?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#7  Edited By Black_Claw

I think this might happen... And then Geoff Johns will give all the character development to the Metal Men while Cyborg will remain one dimensional as usual.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Sounds interesting. Cyborg definitely needs sometime in the spotlight.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: Well it might not be Johns writing it, I'v got him pegged for a Shazam book.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Black_Claw

@jonny_anonymous: Lol yeah. But even if Johns isn't on board for a Cyborg book I'm still very pessimistic about this kind of scenario due to the piss poor handling of this character so far.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Absolutely 100%. This book NEEDS to happen. Whether it's called "Cyborg and the Metal Men" or "Justice League A.I." or something entirely different, this is a book that I feel can definitely do Cyborg a huge favor. It's not exactly a solo but it's the best thing for him as he can be the main focus and with the rest of the team backing him up. I haven't been the most supportive person of Cyborg since the reboot but this will get me on board with him again.

However, I also question -- If this book DOES happen, does he leave the JL or stay?

I concur.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would be pretty cool

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I would read it even if it was only the Metal Men . They are one of my favorite DC teams but they are so underused :-(

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@saren: Isn't it being well written enough?

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

I'm more into Cyborg in the Teen Titan cartoons and Injustice than in the comics, the same reason why I'm into John Stewart in JL series than in the comics, so unless there's something that really get's me curious about him and/or his story arc I don't think I'll be reading his comic any time soon.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Both sides in this book are pretty boring to me.Neither Cyborg or the Metal Men interest me enough to make me read this book.The only thing that might hook me up is if they are hunting down A.I's like Grid really.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I have no interest in a Metal Men book. Cyborg would be better but there are so many other books I like more that my wallet won't stretch further for him.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

If Cyborg occasionally helped the team than that would be cool. I really like the classic Metal Men. I would totally be liking Cyborg if they kicked him off the League, replaced him with Martian Manhunter, and Cyborg goes on to create a team with Nightwing! :D

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazyscarecrow: And maybe that Team of theirs will also have Starfire, Beast Boy, and Raven along with the return of Donna Troy and Wally West! A guy can dream.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@black_claw: Hell maybe even Roy Harper and Tempest make occasional appearances to help the team! :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd probably give it a try.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That name would be awesome! I'd read a book if it had that name. DC's tech side could use some major improvement and this book could explore that side of the universe. It could include guys like Cyborg, Red Tornado, the Metal Men, Robotman, android Hourman, and L-Ron teaming up to fight villains like the Robot Renegade, Gizmo, Doctor Cyber, Cyborgirl, Kilg%re, Amazo, etc. It has the potential to be awesome.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

after todays issue absolutely

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I think that as a member of the Justice League, Cyborg should have his own group of heroes that work with him outside the League. Green Lantern has the Green Lantern Corps. Superman and Batman have the Super and Bat Families, and Aquaman has the Others. If Cyborg were to have his own series, he would probably deal with issues involving super-tech, and other robots. So having the Metal Men as a team would defiantly be an interesting dynamic. Justice League #29 showed that they not only work well together in a fight, but also have an interesting character dynamic. The Metal Men are robots that feel and love humanity, and Cyborg is the bridge between humanity and robotics. I think if they play with that type of story, and add in Red Tornado, along with a similar storyline to the one in Young Justice involving T.O. Morrow, then Cyborg could have a series that's not only cool, but also dives deep into the aspects of what humanity really is.

In short, I love the Metal Men, and I love Cyborg, so yes, I would love a Cyborg and the Metal Men series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.