Follow

Cyborg

Character » Cyborg appears in 2943 issues.

Half man, half machine - all hero! After a near fatal incident, Victor Stone was cybernetically enhanced by his father. He now possesses the ability to communicate, manipulate, and interface with nearly all forms of technology. As he is constantly upgrading, he promises to defend the future from any threat. He is also a founding member of the Teen Titans and in some continuities, the Justice League.

Who Would Make a Good Arch-Nemesis for Cyborg?

• 99 results
    Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Captain13

Cyborg doesn't have a prolific rogues gallery, so I was wondering if there are any villains in the DCU who could be a good villain for Cyborg in the vein of Cheetah, Black Manta, Captain Cold, Sinestro, etc.

The villain has to be a physical match for Cy, so he'she needs to be able to handle the fact that Cyborg can boom tube, access all data bases, and fight with a variety of cannons. The villain needs to also be intelligent enough to create traps for Cyborg.

I was thinking Mr. Orr could be a good villain, but he has no powers... Darkseid and Cyborg have a connection, but Darkseid may be too powerful...

Is there anyone that fits the bill?

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By KainScion

@Captain13: darkseid may be too powerful? YA THINK!? i can take this BS of him being a founding member, but being able to take, scratch that, even be close in strength to darkseid is the ultimate insult to dc fans. plus most of the villains are from other heroes. you would even take cheetah from ww. cyborg doesnt need a archnemesis cuz he's small fry. but if the decide to make someone his archnemesis, gizmo or somebody new.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#3  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I'd like for the whole Vandal Savage thing to carry over. The whole future versus the past thing seems pretty cool.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Captain13

@KainScion said:

@Captain13: darkseid may be too powerful? YA THINK!? i can take this BS of him being a founding member, but being able to take, scratch that, even be close in strength to darkseid is the ultimate insult to dc fans. plus most of the villains are from other heroes. you would even take cheetah from ww. cyborg doesnt need a archnemesis cuz he's small fry. but if the decide to make someone his archnemesis, gizmo or somebody new.

You didn't read my post right, dude.

I didn't say he should take someone else's villain. I was just saying that he needs an archnemesis like Flash has CC, Wonder Woman has Cheetah, etc. And I was posturing about DS, since Cyborg is the one who teleported him--even I admitted it wouldn't be a good match, k?

I don't like Gizmo because Cyborg should be able to take control of his tech now, plus having the Jock beat up the nerd wouldn't sit well with many comic book fans.

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I'd like for the whole Vandal Savage thing to carry over. The whole future versus the past thing seems pretty cool.

Yeah, that might work, but Cyborg seems to be way past his power level now--it may be too similar to Lex and Superman. But I did like this pairing too.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Imagine_Man15

I've agree with the sort of general consensus here. Vandal Savage, Gizmo (with a power upgrade), or somebody new.

It might be interesting to see Cyborg tussle with Brainiac, but he shouldn't be taken from Superman's rogues gallery

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Superdork
    No Caption Provided
    OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OutlawRenegade
    Amazo
    Amazo
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By sethysquare

Revamp Gizmo and make him link to Cyborg forever. Additionally I think Amazo would be a great villain for Cyborg.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By the_tree

I like the idea of Gizmo and Vandal Savage. I also think it'd be cool to have him against Brother Blood, similarly to the Teen Titans cartoon. Incorporate Adonis from Teen Titans, too. I'd also like to see him face Equus, Calculator, and Kilg%re. I just saw Ron Evers in his enemy list, and I think he sounds like he could be an interesting threat, along with Mr. Orr. They should also make some new villains.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Superdork

It's going to be Amazo and Anthony Ivo. It was practically yelled at us in the back up material of the Justice League Origin Arc.

No Caption Provided

The hero vs villain match-up looks like this:

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By RoboShark

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I'm down.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Superdork

@RoboShark said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I'm down.

Vandal Savage is nowhere near Vic's current power level... He could just boom tube Savage into space.

Amazo is a bigger threat who make adapt to anyhing Vic throws at him.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sethysquare

I good with Amazo. As long as he doesn't steal any rogues from Superman. People are always stealing from Superman. Steal from Batman for once.

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By herrweis

Gizmo revamped would be ideal

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By herrweis

I like the idea of Kilg%re and Calculator but I was also thinking The Thinker.Savage is too forced as a villian for Cyborg.It didn't really work in the movie.Vic is nowhere near his level.Savage is in a class on a much higher level than most villians.Cyborg just happens to be in the league.Amazo ..I can't see that either.Wouldn't Amazo have Cyborgs powers too?

polo327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By polo327

Cyborg's greatest villain is and always will be

No Caption Provided
    cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cuddles666

It'd be cool to see him fight Doctor Polaris!

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By SoA

was gnna say dr polaris but a less powerful amazo , or a version of amazo could work he would just be stripped of human emotion and serve as the "legion of doom/secret society's boom tube enabler , cyborg vs android , literally .

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@RoboShark said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I'm down.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#20  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

someone new

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By KainScion

if its going to be amazo they are going to have to nerf the cr*p out of him to be a cyborg villain.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Twentyfive

@polo327 said:

No Caption Provided

Not if he dials control-alt-delete!

He should've use a backslash instead of a forward-slash.

I say make Cyborg a head member of some division of STAR Labs (yes, at the tender age of 23), and have his villains be super intelligent people like Ivo or Morrow and their machines. Also, new characters would serve Cyborg well.

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By herrweis
    No Caption Provided

Houngan.(techno)sorcery vs science

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kidchipotle

@polo327 said:

No Caption Provided

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mutant God

Brother Blood

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ms__omega

Some kind of sentient or alien techno virus that can takeover machines. Heck Hank Henshaw could start off as a Cyborg villain I personally think that would be cool.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Maybe they should bring in Atlas from the Teen Titans cartoon

theoknows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By theoknows

@polo327 said:

No Caption Provided

Thought for sure ol Vic would be a Mac man....or maybe a LINUX model. Rocket Red, on the other hand, is very clearly a Windows-based machine.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#29  Edited By Kairan1979

Evil version of Indigo . Maybe this time she'll be sent back in time to kill Cyborg, not Donna Troy.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Captain13

Brother Blood (Cult Leader With Alien Tech), Amazo (Adaptive Maniacal Android), Indigo (Shapeshifting Android Assassin From The Future), Adonis (Narcissist Bonded with Alien Tech)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#31  Edited By Lvenger

@polo327 said:

No Caption Provided

Lol nothing can stop the blue screen of death! NOTHING! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Big_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Big_Nasty

Visually Cyborg fighting Metallo would be cool.

Alch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Alch21

Wouldn't Cyborg just upgrade himself with those tech-based villains? If he fought Amazo he'd have his abilitys by the end of the fight.

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sinestro2828

@Imagine_Man15 said:

I've agree with the sort of general consensus here. Vandal Savage, Gizmo (with a power upgrade), or somebody new.

It might be interesting to see Cyborg tussle with Brainiac, but he shouldn't be taken from Superman's rogues gallery

I'm really not a fan of the New 52 at all, but I agree Cyborg's overdue for an arch nemesis. Vandal Savage could be fun given his immortality, above average strength, keen mind, and well, being a cave man, as could Gizmo, who was an enemy of Cyborg in his original, FAR BETTER New Teen Titan stories. I could see Gizmo whipping up giant robots or a mechanical suit to help him fight Cyborg, Gizmo maybe smaller than Cy, but I can see them being intellectual equals & mostly relying on tech to fight each other.

Heck, DC could even take villains from the Teen Titans cartoon like Fix-It or that crazed robot Atlas & make them arch enemies of Cy. They'd fit the bill well, I mean...

1) Fix It was apparently once human but began replacing his organic parts with mechanical ones, slowly becoming more machine than man and up until the end of the episode, preferred it that way. Cy's always been afraid of winding up more machine than human, so a villain who revels in being as inorganic as possible and who has control over other machines, would be like looking in a dark mirror for Cy. Fix It could be re-imagined as a mad man obsessed with becoming a perfect, living machine, selling his skills as a tech head to other villains in order to pay for his own operations and inventions. Cy traces various villain tech back to Fix It, meets his polar opposite, & thus an epic rivalry is forged.

2) Atlas was portrayed on the show as a sentient robot who deemed humans and other organics as inferior to robots, wishing to prove himself superior over Cy, a fusion of man and machine. However, in a bit of irony, in spite of how powerful Atlas was, he was dependent on his mechanic for repairs and refits, someone he always abused, and he didn't count on Cy's human spirit getting the better of him in the end. I can easily picture Atlas as an out of control AI built by the military or some villain, an entity who deems himself better than his human creators and seeks to assert that, his pride not allowing him to stop targeting Cyborg, a human who defies Atlas' delusion that he is better than mankind. Atlas, as a robot, could endure damage normal DC flesh and blood DC villains couldn't & could return over and over in increasingly more powerful forms over time.

Either that, or a whole new villain, maybe someone with biological based weapons over tech based, or has magnetic powers like Magenta or Magneto.

Pyrorex3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pyrorex3

Well, I haven't read the TT comics but I've seen every episode of the 2003 TV series numerous times, and the villain Atlas who appears in the season 2 episode "Only human" is all machine, and challenges Cyborg to a grudge match which the latter eventually wins. Atlas is presumably a fighter of sorts who eventually became 100% robot, and looks down on all humans, and he especially hates Cyborg for utilizing robotic technology and not fully transforming himself into a robot. He is basically a bully, he loves to win and put people down. He has GREAT strength, enough to easily lift up Beast Boy when he tried to flatten Atlas a blue whale, and then went on to effortlessly thrash the rest of the Teen Titans. He has a vast arsenal of mechanical weapons at his disposal (Sonic cannon, Flame-thrower, energy-blade, etc), and wins most of his battles through pure robotic strength and fighting ability. However, in the episode he is not capable of attaching and arming all these weapons himself. He's a fighter, not a mechanic. That's why he HAS a mechanic who upgrades his armor, builds his weapons, etc, and when the Teen Titans convince the mechanic to leave Atlas because the latter treats him like crap, he has trouble fitting the weapons on his own, and that leads to his downfall. But, if you corrected his flaws, made him able to operate the extra weapons and beefed him up maybe a little, he would definitely be arch-nemesis material in my opinion. Other than Brother Blood on the tv show, Atlas was definitely Cyborg's biggest personal nemesis. That's my opinion. Respond at your leisure. Here's a pic of Atlas http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1517&bih=732&tbm=isch&tbnid=3d6MihkS9oS_wM:&imgrefurl=http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/File:Atlas_Teen_Titans_001.jpg&docid=B8yadFBi8Fw8hM&imgurl=http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/9/97/Atlas_Teen_Titans_001.jpg&w=372&h=325&ei=-HA0UPitIYrw6wGky4GQCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=167&vpy=130&dur=1210&hovh=210&hovw=240&tx=150&ty=90&sig=105580135664554279847&page=1&tbnh=113&tbnw=133&start=0&ndsp=40&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:76

Pyrorex3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pyrorex3
    Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Captain13

@Pyrorex3: Nice posts! Welcome to comicvine!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#38  Edited By Lvenger

After reading this blog, I personally feel the best nemesis for Cyobrg would be either:

1. Gizmo (with a power upgrade). He can match Cyborg tech for tech.

2. I do like the suggestion of Atlas that made. He'd be another good choice.

3. It would be nice to see Cyborg come into conflict with Savage but Savage shouldn't be Cyborg's exclusive nemesis.

Red_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By Red_Jack

The tin-opener man would make a great arch nemesis for cyborg

blackair9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By blackair9

I like the H.I.V.E organization being his main nemsis or @Avenging-X-Bolt: idea of Vandal Savage which would be pretty slick and give the writers much opportunity to really evolve Cyborg.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#42  Edited By Black_Claw

@Captain13, those are some really good choices of villains! I also looked in the enemies section of Cyborgs page and I saw some villains called Nano and Kil%ore. They would make some very good enemies for Cyborg to fight. I also think a nature themed villain and a magic based villain would be cool to.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SUNMAN

Actually thinking about this a little more I would decide between Ivo, Brother Blood or Mammoth.

There is no real big tech villain or evil genius villain aside from Ivo that could be easily made into Cyborg's arch that was also worthy of being an arch-villain of a "founding" Justice League member. I'd be hesitant about Ivo because Amazo is such an overall team villain for the League. Ivo would be a great antagonist because of his ties to Cyborg's cybernetic systems and his relationship with Victor's father, but I''m not sure he's the best candidate for an arch-villain.

Brother Blood works well in my opinion, because he's the exact opposite of Victor. He's a sadistic and power hungry, cult leader, whose powers are derived from dark mystic arts. These guys are polar opposites and we don't see enough magic vs technology fights. I know Blood was originally a Teen Titans villain, but the original Teen Titans never existed, freeing Blood up to be a Cyborg villain.

Mammoth is another great polar opposite. His vild savagery vs Cyborg's state of the art technology, but Mammoth would have to be upgraded a little bit. Making him stronger, faster and a little more cunning, may be give him another power or two, to make him more of a threat to Cyborg.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Black_Claw

I also think Ron Evers should be brought back as one of Cyborg's rogues. His conflict with Cyborg is a lot more personal since he used to be Cy's friend.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SUNMAN

@Black_Claw: I guess if its a good story, but I'm not in a hurry to see Ron Evers again. His confrontations with Cyborg were kind of textbook superhero encounters.

-Childhood friends, one became good the other went down the wrong path

-Childhood friend is now the antagonist and develops power/abilities similar to the hero.

so I'm not saying it couldn't work but we've been down this road before with Cyborg and a lot of other heroes

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Black_Claw

Well maybe they could always revamp him. Look at Batman and Harvey Dent, in some stories they are childhood friends and in other continuities (most most notably the Nolan trilogy) they are individuals that have recently been introduced to each other but they get along quite well. Then shit happens and Harvey becomes two face. They can do something similar with Cyborg and Ron.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PassionFlower

Deathstroke and some of the old TT villains. Is Dr Light around these days?

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SUNMAN

@PassionFlower: not at the moment. I wouldn't really want Deathstroke to be his villain. DS is a very tactical, midnighter, Batman, Captain America type character. I think for an arch it should be someone that can match Cyborg in some elements or vastly juxtapose him. DS doesn't really do either.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Could David Graves be repurposed as Vic's arch nemesis?

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SUNMAN

@Avenging-X-Bolt: its possible I guess. But this is a guy that took on the whole Justice League not just Cyborg. Also with the spirits gone I think he is just back to being a normal dude mourning the loss of his family

Personally I wasn't fond of Graves motives. His family ended up dying from something they contracted from teh Darkseid invasion and somehow its the Justice League's fault? come on now

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.