Follow

Cyborg

Character » Cyborg appears in 2930 issues.

Half man, half machine - all hero! After a near fatal incident, Victor Stone was cybernetically enhanced by his father. He now possesses the ability to communicate, manipulate, and interface with nearly all forms of technology. As he is constantly upgrading, he promises to defend the future from any threat. He is also a founding member of the Teen Titans and in some continuities, the Justice League.

What Creative Team Would You Like To See On A Cyborg Solo Series?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Captain13

Cyborg is a modern icon. I would personally love to see a Cyborg series deal with post-human (H+) themes; Silas Stone crossing lines at the expense of his family; John Henry, Golem, and Frankenstein symbolism; the rapid advance of technology; illegal surveillance; technological connectivity; love; inter-dimensional travel; public heroism; alien cultures; and action!

To deal with all of those topics, we would need a superstar team. And I have some ideas for who I would like to see on the book.

For the writer, I would like to see:

Geoff Johns (Green Lantern, Aquaman, Flash, Hawkman), Robert Venditti (X-O Manowar), Joshua Fialkov (I, Vampire), Duane Swierczynski (Bloodshot), Brian Buccellato (Flash), or Justin Jordan (Shadowman).

As for the artist, I would like to see Ken Lashley.

No Caption Provided

He does a pretty great Cyborg.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SUNMAN

As far as art goes. I think Gene Ha, and Ivan Reis draw a great Cyborg. Even Tony Daniels does an admirable job. DC has several top end artists I like, such as J. H. Williams, Ben Oliver, Andy Kubert etc. etc.. etc.

As far as writing goes. I could see a lot of writers on the titles, but I think it might be best to have Geoff Johns at least in the beginning because he is a big name draw.

When DC decides to do a Cyborg title they should pick the team carefully. As one of the big 7 Cyborgs book deserves an A list team, and a good direction for the title

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 137

#3  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

John Rozum/Greg Weisman/Phillip Tan

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By judasnixon

Writer: Jonathan Hickman 
    Artist: Salvador Larroca

No Caption Provided
    Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Superdork

It would be cool to have Justin Jordan writing with some input and plot ideas from Wolfman. And it would be awesome to have Sami Basri, Guillem March, Amy Reeder, Ken Lashley, Adam Kubert, or Ethan Van Sciver on art

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By SavageDragon

Maybe Justin Jordan and Tony Daniels. I also think Van Lente and Nicola Scott or Larocca would be great. Just wondering you call Cyborg a Modern Icon. Why is that? First time I ever took note of him was in the ok Teen Titans cartoon. I was never really impressed with him except in a few issue in the current JL title. Not trying to show disrespect but what makes you call him that when he has never been a featured character?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Captain13

@SavageDragon: Because of something that Geoff Johns said in an interview.

--Geoff Johns: In the 80s, Marv and George tapped into something that--I assume--...was being talked about: artificial limbs and hearts. I assume that was getting big.
    --Geoff Johns: He was a little bit rough and struggling with that balance. They created a character that's everlasting. I just think that he'll be more and more relevant as time marches on.
    --Geoff Johns: Unlike a lot of other league members--like Green Lantern, who has his ring, and Flash, who got hit by lightning--or other heroes, who were altered by accident or gained their powers someway, all look the same. They have the choice to take off that costume, fade away, and take a break. But Cyborg never does. He never unplugs. He is Cyborg. And that makes him a very different character from the other ones.
    --Geoff Johns: He represented something very different. He was iconic, but he was a modern icon. Cyborg has become a source of information. He can get schematics, dossiers, or anything that can be found on a computer. No computer can keep him out. He can break through any wall or firewall. He's a force to be reckoned with. And that's our goal--to keep pushing him to be a force to be reckoned with.
    I think that you're always going to have the most stories with Cyborg if you remain true to what Marv and George created as a half man/half machine. Because that man vs machine is an age old story. I don't think they realize that b tapping into technology--maybe they did-Cyborg's become even more relevant today.

http://www.comicvine.com/cyborg/29-2388/transcript-for-cyborg-his-time-has-come/92-743488/

I think that he makes a lot of sense. I just wish DC would let Cyborg shine brighter in the spotlight. It looks like he will next month!

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#8  Edited By Black_Claw

I would love to see Geoff Johns on board for a cyborg ongoing. But sadly, I think it's unlikely due to the fact he has his hands full with Aquaman, Justice League, JLA, and *sighs* Vibe. Hopefully another competent writer will be chosen for the book.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By sethysquare

I would like to see either Josh Fialkov, Robert Venditti or Duane Sweicynski on Cyborg.

As for the artist, I am not sold on Ken Lashley since he already bailed on blackhawks once. I think maybe Cafu or Chris Cross

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
    johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

#10  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

I think the Geoff Johns should write the series once he's finished with one of the series he's working on. Either that or start of the series and let someone else take over. I think someone like Warren Ellis could produce some brilliant tales for Cyborg also, but I don't see this happening. J. Michael Straczynski would also be a good writer.

Artist wise I'm not too bothered as long as it's someone good. Yanick Paquette would probably do a good job, especially considering he's leaving Swamp Thing, but I'd prefer it if the person was the same each month as Paquette didn't always draw Swamp Thing. If Tony Daniels ever leave Action Comics I'd like to see him on a Cyborg comic. It would also be nice if someone like Lee Bermejo, or J.G. Jones could do the art

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Johns, Mass appeal go !

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By the_tree

Bryan Q. Miller on writing. He's got a good grasp on the DCU with Smallville, and he has a real voice for younger heroes (Batgirl, Smallville).

Matthew Clark on art. He's vastly underappreciated and his artistic style is just great. He gave us this beaut and many more great pieces while working on the 2009 volume of Doom Patrol.

No Caption Provided
    TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By TDK_1997

Johns in writing and Jim Lee.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevin Greivoux is rumored to be writing a Cyborg series that should be announced at NYCC. Take this one with a big grain of salt.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/02/the-dc-comics-nycc-announcement-list-that-isnt/

Considering his work on Underworld and Blue Marvel, Kevin Greivoux would actually be a pretty good choice on Cyborg. With a newer, simpler, cooler, easier to draw costume, I'd pair him with Kenneth Rocafort whose style fits the advanced technology look well.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

But neither of those guys are marquee names like a Geoff Johns or a Grant Morrison, so I'd either start that series off as a Justice League back up to give fans a taste and to test the waters, or I'd get someone who is a guaranteed seller--like Johns or someone like that.

I'd actually really prefer Cyborg's book start off as a back up though. He needs more development before fans would follow him to the launch of his own series--assuming DC would want the book to succeed.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: Those are some pretty good choices. Although when is the NYCC?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: Oh well I hope the rumor is true. Also, No Wally in the Titans book? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Captain13

@captain13: Oh well I hope the rumor is true. Also, No Wally in the Titans book? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, take it with a HUGE grain of salt. I don't want to boost your hopes unnecessarily.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: Don't worry I'm not holding my breath. But if its true then damn it, why does DC hate Wally so much?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: Don't worry I'm not holding my breath. But if its true then damn it, why does DC hate Wally so much?

I think he may be in JL 3000... At least I hope he is.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyborg is a modern icon.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

STOP ABUSING AND OVER USING THE WORD "ICONIC". THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ICONIC ABOUT CYBORG. IF YOU CONTINUE TO DO SO, THE WORD "ICONIC" LOSES ITS VALUE. IF EVERYTHING'S ICONIC, NOTHING IS.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13 said:

Cyborg is a modern icon.

STOP ABUSING AND OVER USING THE WORD "ICONIC". THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ICONIC ABOUT CYBORG. IF YOU CONTINUE TO DO SO, THE WORD "ICONIC" LOSES ITS VALUE. IF EVERYTHING'S ICONIC, NOTHING IS.

I just used Geoff Johns's words.

SnackKrumbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Kevin Grevioux would do Cyborg justice. He only wrote two issues for the character and the story was amazing. ONLY 2 ISSUES! Give him the character and he would take him far.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.