Follow

Cyborg

Character » Cyborg appears in 2943 issues.

Half man, half machine - all hero! After a near fatal incident, Victor Stone was cybernetically enhanced by his father. He now possesses the ability to communicate, manipulate, and interface with nearly all forms of technology. As he is constantly upgrading, he promises to defend the future from any threat. He is also a founding member of the Teen Titans and in some continuities, the Justice League.

Cyborg may be getting a book soon acording to Geoff Johns

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

He doesn't officially announce it, but he basically says: "Yeah he's getting a book!"

I really hope this is true, and I can't wait to see what he has in store for the character. Even if he doesn't get a book (which would suck) I'm still happy to hear that we will see more of him. In any case if the chief creative officer says he should have his own book, it's a good sign.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Wow, cause it not like this has ever happened before.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Meh.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good. It's good a character has someone in his corner. Things aren't perfect with Cyborg but at least he isn't off in limbo like the other Titans, or worse in the current Teen Titans book.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

@captainmarvel4ever: It's about time!

Yeah, I think Johns really wants to make sure everything is just right for the character, and I can really respect that.

@sunman said:

Good. It's good a character has someone in his corner. Things aren't perfect with Cyborg but at least he isn't off in limbo like the other Titans, or worse in the current Teen Titans book.

Shuuu! you know the rule about New 52 Titans, until they get better we cover our ears, close our eyes, and tell ourselves "This is not happening, this is not happening" over and over again until we forget they are there.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

awesome !

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

DC - We do the things we should have done three years ago NOW!

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Actually I'm glad they decided to wait. Using him right away may not be the best thing for the book. I'm glad they are building him up and getting people interested in the character.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Teerack

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@teerack said:

Actually I'm glad they decided to wait. Using him right away may not be the best thing for the book. I'm glad they are building him up and getting people interested in the character.

Maybe. I just feel like Cyborg not being part of wave 2 was really neglectful. It could have helped establish some Cyborg specific villains to be involved in forever evil.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@teerack said:

Maybe. I just feel like Cyborg not being part of phase 2 was really neglectful. It could have helped establish some Cyborg specific villains to be involved in forever evil.

They've already been establishing possible villains, like Amazo, TO Morrow, Grid, any and all enemies of the Metal Men, and Elias Orr. Plus Cyborg already has plenty of pre 52 villains that they could use.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@teerack said:

Maybe. I just feel like Cyborg not being part of phase 2 was really neglectful. It could have helped establish some Cyborg specific villains to be involved in forever evil.

They've already been establishing possible villains, like Amazo, TO Morrow, Grid, any and all enemies of the Metal Men, and Elias Orr. Plus Cyborg already has plenty of pre 52 villains that they could use.

I know, but things would be much further along and more fleshed out then they are with a solo book. I'm sure will be getting things more fleshed out once his solo book does come out it just seems like it was weird to push it back for so long. I think right after Throne of Atlantis would have been the perfect time to give him a book.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#15  Edited By Outside_85

Going to end up like that Speedforce book that was 'totally' on its way...

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
    @teerack said:

@teerack said:

I know, but things would be much further along and more fleshed out then they are with a solo book. I'm sure will be getting things more fleshed out once his solo book does come out it just seems like it was weird to push it back for so long. I think right after Throne of Atlantis would have been the perfect time to give him a book.

I think the issue is that Johns may be the one who wants to write his series, and he's been busy with DC and WB. In many ways he's turning into a modern Stan Lee. In any case if I had to choose between having it sooner or having it done right, I'd rather have it done right.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
    @teerack said:

@teerack said:

I think the issue is that Johns may be the one who wants to write his series, and he's been busy with DC and WB. In many ways he's turning into a modern Stan Lee. In any case if I had to choose between having it sooner or having it done right, I'd rather have it done right.

I don't really agree with that excuse. Johns does haven to be the writer of a Cyborg book for it to be good. Calling him a modern day Stan Lee is super stretching it.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well Geoff was right about Shazam and Cyborg's bromance, just took 2 years for it to happen

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
    @teerack said:
    @teerack said:

@teerack said:

I don't really agree with that excuse. Johns does haven to be the writer of a Cyborg book for it to be good. Calling him a modern day Stan Lee is super stretching it.

He doesn't have to but I think that's what's best for the character. I don't think so, Stan is famous for inventing/reinventing a lot of characters and promoting the industry. Johns takes characters like Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, Aquaman, and now Cyborg, to reinvent them and make them better established characters, and like Stan he's always promoting the industry outside of comics, like he's doing now with a lot of the DC TV series, one of which he is majorly involved in.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He doesn't have to but I think that's what's best for the character. I don't think so, Stan is famous for inventing/reinventing a lot of characters and promoting the industry. Johns takes characters like Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, Aquaman, and now Cyborg, to reinvent them and make them better established characters, and like Stan he's always promoting the industry outside of comics, like he's doing now with a lot of the DC TV series, one of which he is majorly involved in.

I don't think he's had as much of an impact on DC as say Brian Micheal Bendis has had on Marvel. He just seems like one of their best writers and that's in.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

I don't think he's had as much of an impact on DC as say Brian Micheal Bendis has had on Marvel. He just seems like one of their best writers and that's in.

I'd have to disagree, after all he's not only made Hal Jordan reliant again, but he also made the Lanterns a staple of DC. Not to mention how much he's fleshed out so many other key characters in DC. Plus aside from working with WB to help promote DC comics among their movies and shows, he's also been working with Rocksteady, which could result in a huge step forward for comics and video games.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd have to disagree, after all he's not only made Hal Jordan reliant again, but he also made the Lanterns a staple of DC. Not to mention how much he's fleshed out so many other key characters in DC. Plus aside from working with WB to help promote DC comics among their movies and shows, he's also been working with Rocksteady, which could result in a huge step forward for comics and video games.

Yeah it just sounds exactly like what BMD does to me.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Yeah it just sounds exactly like what BMD does to me.

I'm not saying he didn't have any impact, I'm arguing that Johns has had a huge impact.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

THAT'S what Geoff Johns looks like? I thought he was a lot older.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

THAT'S what Geoff Johns looks like? I thought he was a lot older.

I know, he looks so young, and his grandmother is still alive.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...Speedforce book, you say? What is this and why have I not heard of it!?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@outside_85 said:

It was supposed to be a Flash team book spinning off from Flashpoint. But of course, then they decided to reboot the DCU after Flashpoint...

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@outside_85 said:

It was supposed to be a Flash team book spinning off from Flashpoint. But of course, then they decided to reboot the DCU after Flashpoint...

Ah. That actually does sound interesting, (although, I have to think there aren't many things a team of Flashes' can't handle, unless he was teaming up with other Speedsters who used the Speedforce in other ways.)

I don't think anyone else has access to the Speed Force though? At least not anyone good.

I was actually thinking it was more like a book all about the Speedforce, which I think would be pretty interesting. Then again, I don't know how much demand there is to know about such things.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@scouterv: The point of the Speedforce book was to calm down the Wally West fans who had seen him move out of the Flash book when Barry returned. Problem ofc was that since the book never emerged and Barry's story continued on regardless, it just looked like Wally vanished off the face of the planet.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.