Follow

Cyborg

Character » Cyborg appears in 2929 issues.

Half man, half machine - all hero! After a near fatal incident, Victor Stone was cybernetically enhanced by his father. He now possesses the ability to communicate, manipulate, and interface with nearly all forms of technology. As he is constantly upgrading, he promises to defend the future from any threat. He is also a founding member of the Teen Titans and in some continuities, the Justice League.

Cyborg Comic announced

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SUNMAN

http://www.newsarama.com/23456-dc-reveals-major-changes-new-direction-for-comic-book-line.html

While announcing they’ll be “keenly focused” on going "back to basics" with its legendary characters like Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, at the same time they’ll be “reinventing key characters,” such as Black Canary, Cyborg, Bizarro, and Starfire, with a new “contemporary tonality to ensure a diverse offering of comic books.”

Cyborg by writer David L. Walker and artists Ivan Reis and Joe Prado

No Caption Provided

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=59086

"Cyborg" by writer David Walker and artists Ivan Reis & Joe Prado;

Other new series announced via DC's press release include "Constantine: The Hellblazer" from Ming Doyle and Riley Rossmo (taking the place of the current "Constantine" series); a "Black Canary" book written by "Batgirl" co-writer Brenden Fletcher; "Starfire," written by the "Harley Quinn" team of Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti (who are also writing a "Harley Quinn/Power Girl" series in addition to the solo "Harley Quinn"), "Cyborg" and "Bat-Mite."

Wow. I had honestly given up hope. DC Comics hasn't really done anything noteworthy with Cyborg since Forever Evil.

I'm happy with this art team. Very good sign dc is putting there top artist on the book.I'm not as familiar with David Walker but know he is currently writing a highly acclaimed Shaft comic. So the teams sounds good. It's not a big name like Morrison or Johns, but Johns take on Cyborg has been a little simplistic I'm cool with letting someone else take over. Hopefully this book can do ok. I fear because they waited so long Cyborg won't benefit from the New 52 effect that he would have if this was launched a year or two sooner.

Anyway, I will be checking this out. I hope its good. For those curious about David Walker check out his page: http://www.comicvine.com/david-walker/4040-66456/

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Ha! And the haters said he wouldn't get an ongoing.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@johnny_blaze said:

Ha! And the haters said he wouldn't get an ongoing.

Well considering that he's part of the big 7, DC is promoting and pushing the character as an A-list, which is why I think DC seemed a little hesitant to release an ongoing at first, because A-list characters aren't really supposed to have cancellation levels in sales.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.