Follow

Cyblade

Character » Cyblade appears in 157 issues.

Cyblade is a member of Cyberforce. She is a meta-human who possesses the ability to create and manipulate electromagnetic energy. The energy manifests itself through her fingertips where it can then be used to perform functions limited only to Cyblade's imagination.

is cyblade akording psylocke?????

Avatar image for don_t_kranq_just_psychoo
    DoN`t_KrAnQ_jUsT_PsYcHoO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

have they the same abilities ????

Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Lifeguard85

No...although if you read their profiles you would see their abilities arent exacatly the same. Simply the way they manifest them is

Cyblade produces electromagnetic energy blades, Psylocke creates manifestations of psychic or psionic energy. Both of them can achieve similar effects, such as knocking people out though.

Avatar image for don_t_kranq_just_psychoo
    DoN`t_KrAnQ_jUsT_PsYcHoO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Lifeguard85: 
    thank you im from germany for this reason is my english not so good and i dont understand their profiles but thank you for this answer
    BoOMbOoMpOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By BoOMbOoMpOw

I must say they look really similar .Both have these purple clothes and blades.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By 614azrael

There basicly the same aside from the manifestation of ther powers
    daarkanjel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By daarkanjel

Silvestri came off his work on x-men to publish CyberForce for Image Comics, and you can see the similarities in most of the characters for the title.  I have to admit i do prefer his versions of the iconic team archetype characters, i find their backgrounds more interesting and fleshed out than their Marvel counterparts.  Cyblade and Psylocke have similar powers, and both their costumes have blue as the dominant color, but that is where the comparisons end.  The are wildly different in background and story structure.  The same can be said for Impact/Colossus, Ripclaw/Wolverine, Heatwave/Cyclops, etc.  The meta-human/mutant plot tool has been used by several creators, and Stan Lee himself admitted it as a get out of the Power Origins free card by dismissing the characters abilities by saying they were born with them.  Silvestri takes this a step farther by adding that the human body isn't capable of handling those types of abilities without technological augmentation to harness and control them.  I find that point to be completely true, considering the way our world is progressing and the breakthroughs that science is providing in advanced medical/military applications.  Prosthetics and robotics have made generational leaps in the last decade, adding a laser or a gun to them isn't that much of a stretch for the boys in uniform.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.