Crossbones Appreciation Thread

#1 Posted by k4tzm4n (41766 posts) - - Show Bio

Share your love for the man Captain America labeled one of his toughest foes here.

#2 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect Crossbone but I don't appreciate him.

#3 Posted by XRiskyX (12700 posts) - - Show Bio

He really deserves some respect for being so stubborn. I like the man with the mask, not to forget that he was trained by some of the best (i.e. Taskmaster for example) A serious threat without having superpowers at all. I'df like to see more villains like him instead of pumped up superpower generators.

No Caption Provided

#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (41766 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"I respect Crossbone but I don't appreciate him. "

Well, that's a start.
#5 Posted by k4tzm4n (41766 posts) - - Show Bio

Any others out there?

#6 Posted by Nerx (15350 posts) - - Show Bio

His costume has a cool militaristic design and the mask tops it off with the brute look. He somewhat vaguely reminds me of Bane though

#7 Posted by k4tzm4n (41766 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm, I never bothered to really notice that, but I certainly do see it.

#8 Posted by Speedy92286 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

I definitely appreciate him! He is Red Skull's right hand man and is more than capable of causing havoc on his own. Oh, and the Hot Topic near me had a Crossbones mask for Halloween, so I am guessing that someone high up likes him as well.

#9 Posted by TheBlueAngel93 (21064 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a good villain, I'll give him that, but he's nothing compared to his boss, he's just a punk for an even bigger punk xD

#10 Posted by MTHarman (824 posts) - - Show Bio

Crossbones is one of my favorites because of his character, unlike Red Skull and Captain America who have a ridiculous fighting style or fame for somebody to master. Crossbones is one of those characters who are basic and entertaining, even with the Thunderbolts, you would probably see more of him than just being a henchman.  
He is a serious threat despite what his position is.
#11 Posted by Vrykolakas (124 posts) - - Show Bio

He was awesome during the Masters of Evil series for the House of M arc. I loved how he looked there the best. It would have been awesome if he stayed behind with the Hood and other characters to make a stand against Magneto's forces.

#12 Posted by mightiness (344 posts) - - Show Bio

Crossbones is my all time favorite hands on down and dirty villain. The guy just likes hurting people. I really want to see him back by the Skulls side doing some sadistic stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
#13 Posted by deactivated-5c6600594117e (22316 posts) - - Show Bio

He frghtened the Avengers Academy kids more than anyone when they visited the Raft.
#14 Posted by Vrykolakas (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Crossbones is way overdue for his own mini-saga. There can be so many interesting ideas for it. Personally, I believe Brock should be on his own for it and not have any support from the Skull, Sin or the current roster of the Thunderbolts. Maybe sending him to exotic locales like South America under a civil war or in a fight for survival in North Korea against generals who have a personal vendetta on him. I have more ideas but I would like to hear what you Crossbones fans think about this.

#15 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1416 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
"He frghtened the Avengers Academy kids more than anyone when they visited the Raft. "

Scan? Cause that sounds pretty funny lol.
#16 Edited by Hit_Monkey (1402 posts) - - Show Bio
@mightiness said:

" Crossbones is my all time favorite hands on down and dirty villain. The guy just likes hurting people. "

He does doesn't he! He's a real old sadist style bad guy, they don't make them like him anymore haha!
#17 Posted by Vrykolakas (124 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Vrykolakas (124 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by k4tzm4n (41766 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or was Crossbones on one of the monitors when Doc Oc sent out a request for back-up in the latest ASM?

#20 Posted by Rumble Man (11195 posts) - - Show Bio
classy
classy

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.