Follow

Criti Noll

Character » Criti Noll appears in 110 issues.

Criti Noll is the super skrull chosen to replace Hank Pym, Yellowjacket. Her position as Pym made her a key part of the Skrull Invasion.

Confusing artwork : Is she a SHE or a HE?

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By John_Feaster

I know she's depicting a male hero. It's a SHE-Skrull in the form of a HE-Pym. That's not the confusion...

But, are all the artists aware of that, because I have seen Pym change into a very MALE Skrull form when taking to other Skrulls. ("A Skrull in every state..." or right after shooting Mister Fantastic, for example...), and would like some opinions. I figure the reason is that not every artist knew that Hank Pym was supposed to be a FEMALE Skrull. 

But...what's YOUR opinion? If explaining away the situation, is it that the process has made her MIND so male that she prefers to take male shapes...even when appearing as a Skrull. Or (my opinion), can it be that she's concealing her true Skrullish identity when dealing with lessers? Perhaps keeping her very distinctive appearance (how many BLOND Skrull females can there be?) a secret when she can?

Or...am I just unaware that another Skrull (a male one) sometimes appears as Hank Pym when needed?

Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Leliel

Xavi from the Runaways can be both so I say the same goes for this guy

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By NiteFly

Not only can Xavin appear to be different genders or races when he chooses, when questioned in one issue Xavin said that "For us [Skrulls], just changing our gender is no different than changing our hair color".  From the sounds of it, Xavin is speaking as an authoritative figure (as a Skrull) on behalf of his entire race.  Past history shows that while Skrulls seem to have gender delineation (there are Skrulls that appear similar in physical build to human males and females), but Xavin's comments indicate that their perception of gender is a more fluid concept than our own.  This makes some sense given their natural shape-shifting abilities.

Other observations given Xavin's past behavior would indicate that a Skrull's form and appearance are not only based on force of will, but on their emotional state.  Xavin has remarked in the past that he has taken male form in order to appear more intimidating, and when the group is transported back to the early 20th century Xavin takes the form of a white male rather than his traditional black male or female form traditionally used.  Both of these are examples of Xavin making a conscious decision regarding his appearance based on at least a surface understanding of societal norms, and a willingness to manipulate the way others perceive him.  As an example of the latter, during a fight with Carolina, Xavin (seemingly unintentionally) reverts to her human female form, indicating some degree of subconscious effect on their physical form.  Similar observations may be made with other Skrulls, as they are sometimes depicted larger or more exaggerated in build when in physical combat, and occasionally exhibiting more feral qualities such as larger, fanged teeth and claws when fighting or angered.
    Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Leliel

I wonder if still born male Skrull can be impregnanted by another male while in female form, because we know Cap Marvel had a relationship with a female Skrull (the princess?) but could a male one do it too? Odd. But we don't have much Skrull hybrid that is aside from Hulking who is part Kree any other?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By The_Martian

I didn't think we were making pages for the skrulls.

Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Leliel

my either, I didn't made it so don't look at me

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By John_Feaster

I see from "Mighty Avengers" issue17 that there's been more than one Skrull disguised as Pym. And one of them had to be killed.

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

Actually I think the easiest answer to that question is that all the skrulls are hermaphrodites.

box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By box turtle
    @Nobody said:
    "I didn't think we were making pages for the skrulls. "

I don't see why not.  It did a ton of things in the Marvel Universe.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty

I immediately thought of Xavin, but I don't ever recall Xavin having a female Skurll form.  'She' uses shapeshifting to become a female human, but everytime 'she' reverts to being a skrull then 'she' appears to be male.  Just as Mystique can transform into a male form, but ultimate reverts back to blue-skin with boobies...

Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Leliel
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "

I immediately thought of Xavin, but I don't ever recall Xavin having a female Skurll form.  'She' uses shapeshifting to become a female human, but everytime 'she' reverts to being a skrull then 'she' appears to be male.  Just as Mystique can transform into a male form, but ultimate reverts back to blue-skin with boobies...

"
    That means she can be your father for one son and mother to another

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.