Follow

Creeper

Character » Creeper appears in 506 issues.

Jack Ryder is an investigative journalist turned talk show host with a secret monstrous alter ego, The Creeper, the Mr. Hyde to Jack's Dr. Jekyll.

Official Creeper Respect/Appreciation Thread

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#1  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I was just bored and thougt that that i should make one of these  since no one else had. 

anyway does anyone out there belive that Jack and his yellow alter ego need a little more love?
    Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By turoksonofstone

The Original was cool.

No Caption Provided
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Kairan1979
    @Avenging-X-Bolt
    definitely yes. But I'm not sure about "demon" angle.
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @turoksonofstone said:
    The Original was cool.

i love that pic ,nothing beats the first issue cover though. itd be nice if ditko could get back on him. he recently did some work for marvel so it might be possible
      @Kairan1979 said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt:  definitely yes. But I'm not sure about "demon" angle.

cool, and yeah it was pretty much a cop out.  

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Bump
    Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
    Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A little insight on Jack's regenerative abilities and durability....Proteus cutting and drilling away just to test the upper limits of Creeper's regen doesn't particularly cause damage, multiple bullet wounds don't even bother Jack as he describes his regen being faster than Flash's on crack. Gets an axe to the chest, pulls it out and throws it back at it's owner. Laughs at being burned alive due to his demonic origin, he's uninjured after crash landing an alien spaceship to the ground. After his body was torn apart, it stitched itself back together.

Now, his scream....it causes the human brain to respond like how it would to fingernails on a chalkboard and is similar in frequency to a primate "danger cry", it's ability incapacitate varies based on the length of exposure someone has to it (meaning the longer you hear it, the worse it gets until you pass out). It causes grown ass men nausea, complete loss of focus, fear, nosebleeds, I think one guy was puking blood and they altogether lose their sh*t cus they can't take the sound. It works on demented Creeper clones and is powerful enough to shatter protective helmet glass (glass that could or could not have been bullet proof).

For his speed and agility....Dodges sub machine gun bullets at point blank range, dodges a black lantern fist flying at him at high speeds, jumps behind Joker before he can swing an axe, the last one is just insane and would be a task to describe....

Onto strength ... One shot's a lion, kicks one guy far off of a building and then launches another far into some debris with a casual punch, launches a Creeper clone with a flying kick then sends two out of the gate and into the water with a double kick, notice the big guy (Gavin) sending like 15 of them Creeper clones into the water, Jack punts him into the water after its all said and done...

Next, fights ....

Fighting Manbat, clawing his back out and clawing his face out ....

Fighting a severely de-powered Hermes, Hermes wasn't hurt or even feeling any of Creeper's punches but for a de-powered god to get smacked up like this...it is definitely worth mentioning, especially in regards to Jack Ryder's speed.

Fighting a demon Werewolf, tricking it into breaking his restraints in the first scan, the rest is what Creeper looks like when his morals are off....

:)

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Al_capOWN

bump

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I'm in denial about being the only one who cares about him.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@avenging_x_bolt: I wonder if we will ever get to see the real Creeper in the New 52

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I hope so as well. There are so many things DC could be doing with him.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: Batman Eternal and JLD are both books a real Creeper would fit in nicely imo

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: those are good choices. Especially Eternal, which could give him some much needed solo development and exposure. I also really dug Bat's interpretation of their relationship from the 97 Creeper series.

JLD is a spectacular option as well. I'd love to see how he interacts with Zatanna,Constantine and the others. We'd could also get some devolpment/mystical updates to his enemies

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: If the real Creeper comes back what would you like him to be like? Totally the same as before or a little updated?

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.