3-Minute Expert: Who is Copperhead?

#1 Posted by Trevel8182 (755 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to have these back!

#2 Posted by Veshark (10499 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda disappointed they don't have the male Copperhead...if they really wanted a female assassin, Shiva or Cheshire more than qualify

Cool history vid, though.

#3 Posted by Bloxxeh (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh, well look at that. I learned something today. Who needs school when you have Comicvine?

#4 Edited by bsavelli (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Great and helpful as usual :)

#5 Posted by CitizenJP (782 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh wow haven't seen one of these vids in foreverrr!

#6 Posted by ccraft (12437 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome vid, would have been cool to seen a Lobo 3 min expert before the new Lobo's debut.

#7 Posted by cobra88king8 (362 posts) - - Show Bio

I am looking forward to learning a bit more about this new female copperhead when I play the game

#8 Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenjp: it's been a year unless you count my low-budge Superior Spidey or Zod video.

#9 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4403 posts) - - Show Bio

I did a double take. 3 minute experts are awesome!

#10 Posted by ccraft (12437 posts) - - Show Bio

wait... is there already a Lobo 3 min expert vid? I think I might have already saw it..

#11 Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by iceslick (865 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_man: Wow I didn't know Copperhead had some interesting storylines in the comics. I just thought he was just some D-list villain that was underused. Now I'm interested in looking at his wiki and actually looking to see what books have those interesting storylines to buy. Both Copperheads seem to have interesting story and now I will definitely like to see what version they would come up with in the new 52. I only knew him in JLU and he was used poor there. So, thanks Tony for the new gain knowledge! :-)

#13 Posted by Pokeysteve (12032 posts) - - Show Bio

What is it about G-Man's voice? I would listen to him read the paper. The boring sections!!

#14 Edited by ravisher (732 posts) - - Show Bio

very informative

#15 Edited by SWagner017 (113 posts) - - Show Bio

Great video! I really enjoy hearing about the history of characters that I haven't personally gotten to read about in comics.

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
#16 Edited by AlwaysBeClothing (277 posts) - - Show Bio

This has me intensely curious about the golden age comic, some of those panels were puzzling! I'm glad that you were able to do this video Tony, they're always fantastic.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
#17 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6958 posts) - - Show Bio

Love these, and have missed em for some time!

#18 Posted by longbowhunter (9425 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked Sean McKeever's Terror Titans mini. Clock King was such a monster in that. Seeing this video makes me wanna pick up the Manhunter series as well.

#19 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

Love 3-Minute expert.

#20 Posted by Wilbertus (535 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you, I learned a lot.

I wonder why they changed the character so radically, even turning the male version into a woman! I am curious to find out if this will be explained, either in the game or perhaps in the comics.

#21 Edited by AlKusanagi (732 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Catwoman in Origins? Because honestly the way the new character looks and moves, it looks like they just reskinned Catwoman.

#22 Posted by Mandrewgora (304 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool to see another one, hope to see more. If your not to busy.

#23 Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by teclo (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@alwaysbeclothing: None of that was Golden Age, it's off by about 20 years and nearly at the end of the Silver Age - and that's just the first appearance.

Anyway, I think this new more slippery, lithe Copperhead makes a lot more sense with the serpentine namesake than some big buff guy.

#25 Posted by kantrip (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow I like the new slick style of the 3-Minute Expert

#26 Posted by dcfox (189 posts) - - Show Bio

What is it about G-Man's voice? I would listen to him read the paper. The boring sections!!

I would listen to @g_man read comics. Or better yet I would watch of video of G-Man reading the comic while images from the comic were being shown. And he should call it Preview Theater. Get on it Andy Bauman!

#27 Posted by Referee (16543 posts) - - Show Bio

3 Minute Expert's are the best, Keep them coming!

#28 Edited by ViperKing (424 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather have seen the (male) Copperhead in Batman: Arkham Origins. If they wanted to use female assassins, Lady Shiva, Cheshire, and a number of other characters would have been better than reinventing a former character.

I've always liked Copperhead and thought he would have been a great villain in the Arkham series. It has been implied that a male Copperhead exists.

#29 Posted by TekTheNinja (776 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather have seen the (male) Copperhead in Batman: Arkham Origins. If they wanted to use female assassins, Lady Shiva, Cheshire, and a number of other characters would have been better than reinventing a former character.

I've always liked Copperhead and thought he would have been a great villain in the Arkham series. It has been implied that a male Copperhead exists.

this.

#30 Posted by Pokeysteve (12032 posts) - - Show Bio

@dcfox said:

@pokeysteve said:

I would listen to @g_man read comics. Or better yet I would watch of video of G-Man reading the comic while images from the comic were being shown. And he should call it Preview Theater. Get on it Andy Bauman!

......you win. Let's make this happen.

#31 Edited by Mezmero (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm. I thought for sure Tony was going to do Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Guess it would be safer to do that one closer to the new movies. Good job on this one G-Mandarin. Only things I know about Copperhead comes from the Justice League cartoon.

#33 Edited by Mucklefluga (2653 posts) - - Show Bio

@dcfox said:

@pokeysteve said:

......you win. Let's make this happen.

Do it!

Avatar image for artisticneedham
#34 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2730 posts) - - Show Bio

This was great, glad to see you are doing these again. Now I know so much about a character I didn't know thing about before.

#35 Posted by QuantomMan (221 posts) - - Show Bio

yay!!!!!

#37 Posted by Skyhawk1 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Please post archive of earlier 3-minute experts. They're great.

#38 Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

@skyhawk1: all the previous ones are here. You can filter video type and select 3-Minute Expert.

#39 Posted by Tradewind (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! Thanks, Comic Vine!

#41 Posted by Skyhawk1 (150 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by NightFang3 (12364 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been a long time since i've seen a "3 Minute Expert" video.

#43 Posted by GrimoireMyst (639 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the info like always and I share the interest to see more of these and are glad they are back.

#45 Posted by drumguyrob (42 posts) - - Show Bio

"...in 3 minutes you will be an expert on him."? Copperhead's a female.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.