Follow

Constantine

Series »

John Constantine, master of the occult, is our world's last line of defense against the supernatural. He fights to save the innocent, but is it too late to save himself?

NBC Passes on Season 2 for Constantine

• 122 results
    scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I would have much rather seen this picked up over Gotham, hell I would have rather seen more of this than Arrow. :(

I agree. Arrow's getting annoying to watch, and Gotham's plot is all over the place. Constantine remained pretty entertaining to watch every week.

J_HickmanIsGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Netflix can do wonders with this show.

Take it to netflix and let them revamp/renovate the show so it depicts 90s Constatine, with no worry of censorship

OUTBREAK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By OUTBREAK666

Yet Gotham and arrow, 2 of the worst comic book shows get another season. Arrow is so convoluted it's ridiculous. And Gotham is gonna have clay face mr freeze but no fucking batman.

OUTBREAK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yet Gotham and arrow, 2 of the worst comic book shows get another season. Arrow is so convoluted it's ridiculous. And Gotham is gonna have clay face mr freeze but no fucking batman.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have three hundred issue of Hellblazer. I don't care about water downed John Constantine....... Read the comics. They're better............

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CW of course, it already has DC shows and it'll hit the trinity of genres:

Arrow - Normal Street level heroes

Flash - Sci-fi super powers

Constantine - Magic

Maybe this is the B level of the DC Trinity lol.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

I hope Netflix picks it up! They did an amazing job with Daredevil, I know they'll be able to make it work with Constantine :[

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Benk111

I dont understand the show had decent ratings, not insanly great numbers but still anough that should warent a second season. Not many shows have huge ratings their first season usually they have to earn their fans. This probably means it was some reason behind the sceens that caused nbc to not pick it up for a second season.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

I'll still keep my fingers crossed.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

should have never been on NBC in the first place....I have a strong feeling that something similar will happen with Supergirl on CBS...these networks aren't good places for comic book shows

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I hope Netflix picks it up! They did an amazing job with Daredevil, I know they'll be able to make it work with Constantine :[

you do know that Netflix didn't make the Daredevil series right? they're just airing it...that's it....it was developed by Marvel Studies

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

#112  Edited By black_wreath

What else is there to say but... :(

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#113  Edited By Penguin-Dust

I've made my peace with its demise. Time to move on to other shows like Supergirl, AKA Jessica Jones, the Flash/Arrow spin-off with the Atom and Firestorm, and the Agents of Shield spin-offs. If Hulu, SyFy, Amazon or some other network picks it up, I'll watch it again, but if they don't there will be other shows to entertain.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I've made my peace with its demise. Time to move on to other shows like Supergirl, AKA Jessica Jones, the Flash/Arrow spin-off with the Atom and Firestorm, and the Agents of Shield spin-offs. If Hulu, SyFy, Amazon or some other network picks it up, I'll watch it again, but if they don't there will be other shows to entertain.

BC is reporting that because both Agent Carter and AoS have been picked up for anther season that the AoS spinoff has fallen of their interest radar.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dernman: I knew about a second season Agent Carter and think that's great, but poor Adrianne Palicki. First the Wonder Woman series, now the Mockingbird series both dead before airing even one episode.

Whatever happened to that Hulk series Guillermo del Toro was going to do? I know that the MCU has everything all wedged in there together, but they could have done it as a side story or have set it prior to the Avengers. Actually, Age of Ultron sets it up nicely again.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#116  Edited By dernman

@dernman: I knew about a second season Agent Carter and think that's great, but poor Adrianne Palicki. First the Wonder Woman series, now the Mockingbird series both dead before airing even one episode.

Whatever happened to that Hulk series Guillermo del Toro was going to do? I know that the MCU has everything all wedged in there together, but they could have done it as a side story or have set it prior to the Avengers. Actually, Age of Ultron sets it up nicely again.

I wouldn't mind an action show with Palacki. She's a decent actress who looks good. Though I have to admit her WW was a bad idea she is good as Mockingbird,

The Hulk series got put on the back burner and faded away into oblivion. It's dead.

Guillermo Del Toro came in and talked to us about doing a Hulk show and when Guillermo Del Toro comes and wants to do a show about your pinkie, you are going to want to do it. But it was just a case that once we saw what Joss Whedon and Mark Ruffalo were creating in ‘The Avengers, that was a better solution.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

@gustavoburciaga1 said:

you do know that Netflix didn't make the Daredevil series right? they're just airing it...that's it....it was developed by Marvel Studies

Yeah I know but they released the whole season at once so I could watch it whenever I felt like it.

Avatar image for starscream_vs_you
    Starscream_Vs_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It freakin figures! Should have known better NBC doesn't know anything about keeping great shows with so much potential. Screw you NBC! Anyway, now Hulu can pick this Jem!!! Or Syfy can pick this up just as so long as it's still on tv!! #SaveConstantine!

ips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this and Flash are the 2 best superhero shows on TV. this is a huge loss.

hopefully, Hulu, Neflix, or Syfy can pick it up. this is definitely better than "Powers" so it would be a no brainer if they'd carry that show.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once nbc put this show in a fri night time slot it was its destiny to fail ,,,fri night is when the least amount of people watch tv as far as primetime goes ,,,that timeslot is a graveyard for any major network show ..usually when a show is a failure has low expectations or a major network loses faith in a show it gets placed in a fri night time slot,,,this applies to abc nnbc fox and cbs

Scanner51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CW drop supernatural and pick up Constantine

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

@mrmazz: the content was awesome and the ratingu were very good. It didn't get a second season because NBC says they don't get enough money for it, that not enough people is watching. Even though when i looked it up it said that almost every episode had like 4 milion views

Weird

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

@drfate: Totall viewers dosen't really matter except if your CBS because your CBS and the biggest dog in the yard, they get to be different because they pull 20+ million total viewers multiple times a week in and week out. Constantine's 18-34 demo rating (the agreed upon best sect to market your prodouct towards) was less than a 1.0 share roughly 8 of the 13 episodes. Datline gets better demo ratings. Also 4 million was for the premier, after it settled round 3.15 total which is still pretty terrible. CW shows get these kinds of ratings and live because the CW is more a testing/licenesing ground for WB/CBS than it is a traditional TV network.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.