Follow

Conan

Character » Conan appears in 4755 issues.

Conan was a wandering fighter, mercenary, thief, and eventually King, who traveled ancient lands in the Hyborian Age living by his wits and physical prowess.

Schwarzenegger Clone To Play New "Conan"

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Yummy....Not...
    Yummy....Not...
    II wasn't so sure if this was "news worthy," but hell, what do I know. The film version of Conan has a new director, Marcus Nispel (Friday the 13th), which is a good indication that we'll be seeing it up on the big screen relatively soon. With so many superheroes to choose from, I can't imagine that they couldn't choose a better character to make a movie about. I digress.

According to MTV and The Hollywood Reporter; Lionsgate seems to have found the clone of Arnold Schwarzenegger to play the part. Well, not the actual clone, but if you look at him you'll see what I mean. Supposedly, the actor Roland Kickinger who, like Arnie, also happens to be Austrian; will also be playing a part in this summer's Terminator: Salvation film.

So what does this teach us? If you look like Arnold Schwarzenegger, then you too can be a movie star!

bioghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By bioghost
    WAIT HE REAL!!! I though they cgi that termatior
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Sparda

For dubbing this movie a "re-imagining", their really not going too far off the original movie.

Get somebody with better acting talent, please. There's a ton of stuff you could explore in Conan's world, don't just do a remake of the 70s film.

DiddyOh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DiddyOh

Roland Kickinger actually could be an Arnold clone. He was in Son Of The Beach on the FX channel a few years back.
    I'll wait til it shows up on cable.

deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

What? Did Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson pass on this? He'd be perfect and the dialogue would be understandable!  

LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LastSon1027
    @Babs: Somebody once told me I looked like Brian Austin Greene does that mean I can be on Smallville and hook up with Megan Fox?!?!?!?!
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By No_Name_
    @LastSon1027: You should jump into her bed when she's not looking. I'm sure she's too stupid to know the difference...until it's too late. 
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Decept-O

His head looks really weird in that picture you posted.  Honestly, it doesn't matter a lot to me whether or not the actor resembles Arnie, it's important that he looks like Conan and can at least act...a little.  I'm in it more for the action and a half way decent story.  Don't be hatin', Babs.  Conan is pretty much a male action fantasy property, and I like it.  If a new Red Sonja pops up, well, I am all up in that. 

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By No_Name_
    @DiddyOh: Good call.
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By No_Name_
    @Decept-O: It's photoshopped onto Arnold's body :P LOL
    LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LastSon1027
    @Babs: I can only hope! LOL! Better watch it I don't want to end up on the bad side of a sex, lies and comic books video. LOL!
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Decept-O

@Babs:  I should have guessed.  You're a sly little Minx, aren't you? 

MrCipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrCipher

Just to be "that guy" and offer a completley useless bit of info, the 1st Conan movie was released in 1982, not the 70s. Just because I remember watching the movie and I don't want to feel older than I already am :)

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By No_Name_
    @MrCipher: Ha! thanks for being "that guy"!
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By jefprice

Did you Photoshop the Image? It certainly looks like one to me, I show you made the PS comment, but I wasn't sure if you were being serious. =)

Also I'm not sure what part he played in T4 Salvation, But I didn't see him in it. The T-800 ( I think that's Arnies Model) was CGI according to the press releases I've read.  
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Whoa! das crazy

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hawk
    Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jamiracles

Wouldn't The Rock be a better choice? Looking at my Howard Conan Poster I think he would, and his acting prowess is guaranteed to be a step up from this newbies. But then again this is Lionsgate we're talking about.

I dunno...I just want a good movie. :(

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By No_Name_
    @jefprice: I was fortunate enough to find a photoshopped image via google!
    Avatar image for mighty_destroyer
    Mighty_Destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mighty_Destroyer
    @Hawk:  wow looks just like the real deal
    Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hawk
    @Babs said:
    " @jefprice: I was fortunate enough to find a photoshopped image via google! "
    I was that too.

@Jamiracles said:
    " Wouldn't The Rock be a better choice? Looking at my Howard Conan Poster I think he would, and his acting prowess is guaranteed to be a step up from this newbies. But then again this is Lionsgate we're talking about.I dunno...I just want a good movie. :( "

That would be called Scorpion King
    Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jamiracles
    @Hawk said:
    @Jamiracles said:
    " Wouldn't The Rock be a better choice? Looking at my Howard Conan Poster I think he would, and his acting prowess is guaranteed to be a step up from this newbies. But then again this is Lionsgate we're talking about.I dunno...I just want a good movie. :( "
    That would be called Scorpion King "
    No shit, Sherlock. :P

I just figured that being in a period of time where fanservice is making the most money in Hollywood that an attempt at actually acknowledging the source property would be of the essence. But if you're adamant on diggin on Austrian man-boobs then I can of course respect that.
    avengpymhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By avengpymhawk

Well it is a subject that needs to be touched. The increase of rape victims has doubled in the last ten years. NOT TO MENTION THIS SUBJECT IS NOT NEW IN COMICS. WE HAVE THE CHARACTER WHIRLWIND WHO HAD PROSITUTES DRESS-UP AS THE WASP AND SEXUALY ASSAUTS THEM. THEN WE HAVE THE FAMOUS DR. LIGHT AND SUE ASSAULT. I THINK THE SUBJECT SHOULD BE TOUCHED ON, IF IT ALSO SHOWSEXTREME JUSTICE FOR THE VICTIMS .

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jefprice
    @Babs: Lol Google is amazing. I'm not sure about my thought on this guy. I was hoping for a step up from the campy Conan of yester year. 

I like the Rock as much as the next Action movie fan. But as Conan?  No thanks. This guy looks the part for sure. I would assume they would take care to make sure he can act as well, since they've already stated they wish to make this into somewhat of a franchise that would continue on with more films.
    Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jamiracles
    @avengpymhawk: LOL
    Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By Nahero

now ive seen everything

TheBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheBug
    Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Aronmorales

Wow, they could pull it off.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By King_Saturn
    Maybe he could do it...
    Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jamiracles
    @jefprice said:
    " @Babs: Lol Google is amazing. I'm not sure about my thought on this guy. I was hoping for a step up from the campy Conan of yester year. 

I like the Rock as much as the next Action movie fan. But as Conan?  No thanks. This guy looks the part for sure. I would assume they would take care to make sure he can act as well, since they've already stated they wish to make this into somewhat of a franchise that would continue on with more films.
    "
    Well, theres Arnold Conan (Hollywood Conan) and then theres Robert E Howard Conan (the Real Conan). Howard's Conan is a dark skinned guy with the same facial structure and build as the Rock.

This new guy is some random bodybuilder- it doesnt matter how smart or how much the guy looks like Arnold, no amount of acting classes and couching for this guy is going to rival the acting experience the Rock has all ready acquired.

Yea, its not like being Conan requires all that much acting experience, but if they're going the way of the Frank Frazetta paintings and the original ideas (which they'd be wise to considering how big a comic book property Conan is and that comic book fans are ultimately the target audience) then they'll want to capture Robert E Howard's vision.
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jefprice
    @Jamiracles: I realize that. And wasn't disputing those points. In fact I agree to a point...

I'm simple saying that as a fan of the Rock, I wouldn't want to see him in this role. He would do fine, and the action would be great I'm sure, but I would rather see him do a follow up to the SK then take on another role so similar to one he has already given up and is yet to complete the story arc with. I don't know how well the SK was received by fans, because I wasn't in the Review and News game at that point like I am now. But I enjoyed it, and would rather see him complete that arc that has left us hanging for years. And beyond that, I really just don't want to see him do this role, nor do I think this guy may be the right one. 

HOWEVER, Arnie is Conan for some, and he came from a background like this guy, maybe this gent can pull it off, maybe he's not even going to play the part. We don't know yet. It seems a bit soon to react. One of my writers wanted to do a piece on this, I told him this same thing, I said "We can't run that. We don't know anything yet that is in stone. wait till they carve it, then we'll go live."  Cheers friend!
    -Jef
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By G'bandit

What was Conan about? 0_o

I remember watching it but is been so long I don't remember anything at all O_O

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By Sparda
    @G'bandit said:
    " What was Conan about? 0_o I remember watching it but is been so long I don't remember anything at all O_O "
    Takes place in crazy fantasy weird world, Conan's a kid, village gets slaughtered, he gets taken as a slave, lives as a gladiator for a dozen or so years, escapes, goes and kills guy responsible whilst having sex, stealing stuff, and killing a bunch of other guys.

In a nutshell.

Fun movie, if you're into that kind of stuff.
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By G'bandit

Oh, ok cool XD

Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jamiracles
    @jefprice said:
    " @Jamiracles: I realize that. And wasn't disputing those points. In fact I agree to a point...

I'm simple saying that as a fan of the Rock, I wouldn't want to see him in this role. He would do fine, and the action would be great I'm sure, but I would rather see him do a follow up to the SK then take on another role so similar to one he has already given up and is yet to complete the story arc with. I don't know how well the SK was received by fans, because I wasn't in the Review and News game at that point like I am now. But I enjoyed it, and would rather see him complete that arc that has left us hanging for years. And beyond that, I really just don't want to see him do this role, nor do I think this guy may be the right one. 

HOWEVER, Arnie is Conan for some, and he came from a background like this guy, maybe this gent can pull it off, maybe he's not even going to play the part. We don't know yet. It seems a bit soon to react. One of my writers wanted to do a piece on this, I told him this same thing, I said "We can't run that. We don't know anything yet that is in stone. wait till they carve it, then we'll go live."  Cheers friend!
    -Jef
    "
    Its pretty interesting to see how many people actually enjoyed the Scorpion King. I found it pretty fun myself when I'd seen it at the time but I honestly cant rememberl it all that well. I can see where you're coming from on this, these are really similar roles and I guess I didn't really think of that.

But yea, I agree that we'll just see.

Cheers, Brother.
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jefprice
    @Jamiracles: I honestly like it more now then when I'd first seen it.  I've only watched it 2, maybe 3 times. But I would really like to see a follow up, it kinda just comes to a halt, much like the Chronicles of Riddick. 

I'm sure we'll more on this soon... I hope. Lol 

Dr. Maxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36  Edited By Dr. Maxwell
    @Jamiracles said:
    " Wouldn't The Rock be a better choice? "
    No....just...no......

First Conan film was amazing, lets not talk about the second, I think another would be pretty cool, seeing how its been a good long while, I just hope they keep the series in a low fantasy setting
    TelekineticSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TelekineticSun

I think that guy played Arnold in some made for T.V. movie that came out about him when he was running for governer.

Webstad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Webstad

Even though I don't think Arnold really fit the role as well as he should I rather liked the old movies. I just think that Conan could be cast a little better. Conan is supposed to have black hair, and was very boistrous in the books. The directing and special effects et al from the originals were as bad as you'd expect from a low-budget '80s film, but a new movie has potential. It's good to see somebody bring back a high-potential series though. We shall see.

Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jamiracles
    @Dr. Maxwell said:
    "@Jamiracles said:
    " Wouldn't The Rock be a better choice? "
    No....just...no......First Conan film was amazing, lets not talk about the second, I think another would be pretty cool, seeing how its been a good long while, I just hope they keep the series in a low fantasy setting"

It's not like he'd be doing anything outside of a series of masculine grunts, swordfighting and wedgie-picking every now and then anyway. And what, Arnold blew it out the water? I'll give you "Terminator", I'll give you "Predator", I'll even give you "Jingle All The Way" but NOT Conan, sir.
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By G'bandit

O_O

I've been thinking, If this Governator clone is good acting he could play Cable in a near future :D

Obsurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41  Edited By Obsurity

Rolland Kicklinger is getting kinda old. Shouldn't they want a younger actor so they "can" make more sequels?

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Media_Master

pumping iron!!!

CPTSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By CPTSteve
    @TelekineticSun said:
    "

I think that guy played Arnold in some made for T.V. movie that came out about him when he was running for governer.

"
    Actually, yeah.  He played the 1970'2 Arnold in See Arnold Run, which was pretty good if you're an Arnold fan.  He was a decent actor, and I'm assuming they couldn't get The Rock if he's not in it.  And I think we can all assume that Hollywood doesn't "get" Robert E. Howard.  They get that the original Conan movie was a big hit and made tons of money.  So I'd be looking for more of that...
    Michael6ft7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Michael6ft7

That was when he (Arnold-clone-kickinger) was on the 'roids....he shrank a lot once he started doing tv.....he has kind of a weird build when he is'nt juicing...and that's a very old pic.....Ralf Moeller did a decent job in the conan tv series...I mean at least his physique and stature were what you would expect for the character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.