Follow

Conan

Character » Conan appears in 4757 issues.

Conan was a wandering fighter, mercenary, thief, and eventually King, who traveled ancient lands in the Hyborian Age living by his wits and physical prowess.

Review: Conan The Cimmerian #20

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided
    Conan and his group of bandits attracts the attention of a rival group. Will Conan listen to their suggestion of "working" in their own territories? Conan and his men are tough but can they take them on as well as avoid the King's attention? 

The Good:

Conan's so cool when confronted by a guy whose fingers he cut off, "I've sliced many men. Am I to remember them all?" It's also cool seeing that Conan is a smart guy. When someone tries quoting philosophy to Conan, he finishes the quote. The art and color compliment each other in setting the tone of the story. It almost has an older feel to it, as if we are reading a classic Conan story. It's nice that we see there are different layers to Conan and having a multi-part story gives more meat to the overall arc.

The Bad:

When you read a Conan comic, you expect action and lots of it. Don't get me wrong, we do get some here. There's a nice battle scene. Perhaps I just wanted more. In its defense, the more...political aspects do add more dimension to the character and the book. I'm sure we can expect some fun times in the next issue (part 3 of 3).

The Verdict:

I'm not a long time Conan reader. I do like what I see here. While I did want to see more action, this issue shows that there is more to Conan than just seeing him hack away at people. Giving this story a three issue run seems just the right number to set things up and we'll see the final payoff next issue. There is action and suspense. We get a sort of cliffhanger that makes you want to come back next issue to see what Conan will do after the events here. It's a solid 4 out of 5. I may finally become a regular Conan reader after this arc. 
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By -Eclipse-

First post? 

EDIT: Huh, just wondering why people were so obsessed with getting first posts lately... Thought it might have been a Quest or something

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @-Eclipse-: I have no idea what's with all the "first post" stuff lately. It was never a "ComicVine" thing. But if it makes them happy. I don't mind if someone wants to be the first to post but it's great when people share their thoughts and add to the conversation (I'm not directing this to you, just in general).
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @aztek the lost said:
    " @G-Man said:
    " @-Eclipse-: I have no idea what's with all the "first post" stuff lately. It was never a "ComicVine" thing. But if it makes them happy. I don't mind if someone wants to be the first to post but it's great when people share their thoughts and add to the conversation (I'm not directing this to you, just in general). "
    getting the first post gets you the "Secret Quest" on AV Club, I just went to an old video nobody ever responded to, made a well-thought out post, posted it and well nobody's ever going to reply to it but it's there!  I always thought this series looked cool and especially after reading Darick's one-shot I wanted more Conan, but does this issue have no points of confusion due to it being Part 2? "

Ah, Okay, I thought it must have been a Quest... Thanks, I was just curious, sorry to get off-topic, I'm leaving now! :P
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @aztek the lost: Being a part 2, you can get the idea what's going on.
    Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Bobby X

Busiek's run on Conan was my fav...maybe I'll check this out

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.