Follow

Conan

Character » Conan appears in 4757 issues.

Conan was a wandering fighter, mercenary, thief, and eventually King, who traveled ancient lands in the Hyborian Age living by his wits and physical prowess.

Arnold Schwarzeneggar to play Conan once again

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@BiteMe-Fanboy: I'm not despite all the love I have for Arnie's Conan and the original movie. Fact is that for all it's flaws the last Conan movie had. Anyone who's read a Conan comic or better, read the original Robert E. Howard movie would know Jason Momoa is a much better Conan then Arnie ever was. Momoa actually showed us a climpse of the true Conan with his interpretation.

Plus the last thing Conan needs is for a director who's claim to fame is being the monster behind the creation of the utter violation of cinema that was the Fast and Furious movies.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@Crom-Cruach said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy: I'm not despite all the love I have for Arnie's Conan and the original movie. Fact is that for all it's flaws the last Conan movie had. Anyone who's read a Conan comic or better, read the original Robert E. Howard movie would know Jason Momoa is a much better Conan then Arnie ever was. Momoa actually showed us a climpse of the true Conan with his interpretation.

Plus the last thing Conan needs is for a director who's claim to fame is being the monster behind the creation of the utter violation of cinema that was the Fast and Furious movies.

lol. I love Conan, read a lot of his comics and books. Though I agree Arnold's Conan isn't really true to the books/comics I still love it... I grew up with it and have always loved the movies (yes even Conan the Destroyer). They are cheesy, but really entertaining. I for one, cannot wait to see this. But I understand why some people will not really care for this news. Also, hiring the writer that did the Fast and the Furious movies does scare me....

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

lol. I love Conan, read a lot of his comics and books. Though I agree Arnold's Conan isn't really true to the books/comics I still love it... I grew up with it and have always loved the movies (yes even Conan the Destroyer). They are cheesy, but really entertaining.

Oh I agree I love the original Conan movies. I watch them at least once a year. And I always have the sound track on hand when I run DnD games because it is so good. But the last Conan movie actually showed some of what the really Conan is about. Despite it being a very imperfect movie full of flaws (I still enjoyed it personally thought). But what I'd want is for Momoa to return. Have an actual talented director make the movie (and if possible an adaptation of one of the Conan stories like the God in the Bowl or Hall of the Dead) then see Arnold take on Conan again.

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Also, hiring the writer that did the Fast and the Furious movies does scare me....

He is proof to me that the idiocracy is coming.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By kuonphobos

The score by Basil Poulidoris for the first film is my favorite of all time.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By z3ro180

@Crom-Cruach thank you someone other my self that has this good to say about the last Conan movie

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By TheHulk

Hulk love Arnold Schwarzenegger. Sure, Arnold no buff anymore, but he no need to be in order to be epic. Hulk hope he play Terminator once again soon.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I love Arnie, but I've never seen Conan nor have I ever read a single Conan comic...does this make me a bad person?

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheHulk

@The Stegman said:

I love Arnie, but I've never seen Conan nor have I ever read a single Conan comic...does this make me a bad person?

Don't feel bad. Hulk never read Conan comic either.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Crom-Cruach said:

This, all this. This stupid movie is going to make pepole think Conan is a joke again.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By judasnixon

Oh God, I just threw up on my shoes.....

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not mad at Arnie reprising the role (even though Momoa is a way better actor and his film was closer to source material). I love Arnie and his Conan films. My father was a huge fan so I would watch them with him when I was younger quite often. This is gonna be good for my nostalgia at least lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.