Follow

Comic Book Care

Concept » Comic Book Care appears in 52 issues.

Advice from other collectors on how to care for and store your books.

What would be your ultimate comic book storage unit?

acedoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By acedoc

I am doing a school Product Design project, which counts for 60% of my final grade, and I have decided to design and make my own comic book storage unit. So I need to do some research, and I thought this (and my local comic book store) would be a great place to start.

So what would your ultimate storage unit be? I know, (as I am a huge comic fan myself) you would usually use cardboard boxes like this, or something similar. But:

• Would you want something more substantial?
    • What would be a good size?
    • Would you want individual boxes that were stackable? Or a whole unit like this?
    • What would be your preferable materials?
    • Would a calender or tick sheet be useful on it?

Thank you for your time, and if you have any more ideas please reply- this is a very important project for me!

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@acedoc: I have limits space inside, so I usually only use short boxes. I have to stack them, so it can be annoying to get to boxes on the bottom to put comics away or dig out old issues. I use post it notes to tell me what's inside the box, so some type of non-permanent labeling would be good.

I'd like for it to look fairly nice, but I wouldn't be willing to spend hundreds on it as it wouldn't be something I would (or should I say "be allowed") to use as main room piece of furniture. Depending on your design, you may want to consider it being something that can be stacked, and someone could buy more than one if they needed it.

I don't have many, but I do have some odd sized books and magazines that do not fit in standard boxes. Perhaps a small space or long drawer to place them face up.

Hope some of this helps.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By IrishX
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#4  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@IrishX: I knew such boxes existed, just never really looked into it. I'd need to drop about $150 to get enough to store my collection. I might some day, so thanks for the link.

Fightamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well I co-founded Comic Cartel and we ship your comics in these boxes, but we're also putting them up for sale too if you're interested.

Cheers! :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.