Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7581 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

Why don't people like Colossus being the Juggernaut?

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By DATNIGGA

Cause

CYTTORAK SMASH!
    CYTTORAK SMASH!

I think hes bloody awesome

ALdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ALdragon17

Man, becuase writers are the kill joy. :(

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

He became bald. Kidding, I like it. Without it, Pete really didn't have much going for him besides being a metal guy that punched things.

Alch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Alch21

I think its cool too. The helmet does look weird thou in his non-demon form. Its like he has no neck or something.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DATNIGGA

@god_spawn: yeah Pretty much

@Alch21: true but doesn't he only form the helmet when hes in demon form though?

Alch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Alch21

@DATNIGGA: By demon form i mean when he gets all spiky and muscly like in the OP.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I kind of saw this as a cheap way to make Colossus into an edgier character. There were many different ways that they could have made Colossus into an edgier character like him losing a loved one.  Also, I think many people miss Cain Marko as being the Juggernaut and seeing Colossus as Juggernaut is not the same as Cain Marko being Juggernaut.  Although, I hope they do more with Colossus being the Juggernaut.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rickbarry

@DATNIGGA: You're not alone. Colossus has always had a darker side especially after his return in astonishing. He was trapped in a cell for a year or two and torture, but writers always felt more comfortable keeping him as the gentle giant. Why? I suppose it's the easier way to write the character, but I've always wanted to see Colossus in a darker tone. The alter verse and Ultimate have done this and it's worked well. We're getting that here as he's headlining in a new title that will explore just how far they're willing to let him go.

Marvel is actually taking some chances and I love it.

PrimeDirective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrimeDirective

IMO, Colossus and Nightcrawler lose their identities without each other. Seriously... Think about it. Kurt's characterization went downhill after Colossus died and several desperate attempts later to give him that lost characterization, he was almost completely irrelevant to the writers. Now Kurt is gone and I fear Pete is experiencing the beginning stages of this as well. Their friendship is one of the biggest parts about their characters that is so likable.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rickbarry

@PrimeDirective: That's a pretty big hit to his friendship, but he's lost Kitty and apparently Illyana now as well. He hasn't been on his own this much since he jumped over with Magneto.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#12  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @PrimeDirective said:

IMO, Colossus and Nightcrawler lose their identities without each other. Seriously... Think about it. Kurt's characterization went downhill after Colossus died and several desperate attempts later to give him that lost characterization, he was almost completely irrelevant to the writers. Now Kurt is gone and I fear Pete is experiencing the beginning stages of this as well. Their friendship is one of the biggest parts about their characters that is so likable.

I agree that Nightcrawler's character had sort of suffered too when Colossus died. I hope that they become friends again in the future if the real Nightcrawler ever comes back.
    Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I think Colossus is a BAMF as Juggernaut! Have we seen Cain Marko go all Cyttorak-Demonnaut?!!!! If they both let loose him and Hulk could have an epic battle!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I prefer Cain Marko as Juggernaut, mainly because I think that someone empowered by a demon should be a bad guy

Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
    The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic

I like the idea of Cyttorak deciding that heroes cause more destruction and overall smashing than a villain who is only seen every few months at best.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I'd rather him just get an upgraded and Cain be Juggernaut. I never liked Juggernaut.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DATNIGGA

@Rabbitearsblog: They seem to be doing more with Colossus being juggernaut its an interesting to see him struggle with being a good guy when he has a dark force in him.. i wanna see where they take it

@Rickbarry: I love it too. I cant wait to see what he does in X force supposedly there getting hunted by the avengers... Not too sure how I feel about that (AvX made me dislike the avenger a little) but the fights & character development will be interesting

@Oscars94: they most likely will seeing as how Hulk is an Avenger again the green one is stronger than the red so I wonder who would win.. hulk keeps getting madder Cyttork keeps feeding Colossus power.. #Epic

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By fodigg

I think it makes sense. We've had evil colossus enough times previously. He's the "knight in shining armor" archetype. He's the paladin. It makes sense that writers would want to invert that from time to time.

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Greendevil
    No Caption Provided

@god_spawn said:

He became bald. Kidding, I like it. Without it, Pete really didn't have much going for him besides being a metal guy that punched things.

Agreed

No Caption Provided
    Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bo88gdan

Colossus is awesome as a Juggernaut

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Vendel

@TheAcidSkull said:

nah, i preferred old juggs, and old pete, they should have given him some other role

Ditto.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Blood1991

I don't see why they couldn't just further his mutation to have a similar effect, but with everything they are doing and are going to do the gem makes sense.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rickbarry

I'm not sure if they need to further his mutation as when Colossus actually lets go he's able to hang with characters such as Hulk before the lame angry plot device amps him up to insane levels.

allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By allthatsgeek

Short answer: Haters gon' hate.

I'm just along for the ride on this one.

Mekunekud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mekunekud

@Oscars94 said:

I think Colossus is a BAMF as Juggernaut! Have we seen Cain Marko go all Cyttorak-Demonnaut?!!!! If they both let loose him and Hulk could have an epic battle!

Different aspect of Cytorak I believe. Cain was better at maintaining control and was more about wanton destruction where as Piotr is more about the letting of blood as said in his fight under the sea against RULK. Cain was more grounded as a villain/anti-hero where as Colossusnaut would make a much better villain as a Hulk style enemy that once started is a pain to stop until you break through to Piotr.That is if he still has his power since I know that when they went and confronted Cytorrak with the Phoenix Force that he laughed them off while claiming that Piotr is the best avatar he has had in thousands of years.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By Hazlenaut

I am ok with it sine I felt this is the first step at showing how J2 came to be. It does make sense on the color scheme. it is opening for people to make a jokes calling him Colussnaut,Jugerssus, Jugercolusssus, colgernaut, Mr. shiny hardhat and more. I am not sure who will say it Spiderman or Deadpool

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Because Gillen failed to make it work, like he did several other things and it was stupid ploy anyways. Brian Wood has shown that you don't need to callously shoehorn a demonic entity into a character to make them interesting or "edgy".

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rickbarry

@Hazlenaut: My god...I never knew this J2 existed. It's the worst thing ever.

@AgeofHurricane: I blame AvX and Bendis undercutting him with All New X-men. Dude had eight issues or so before AvX began. Although I think Wood has done a great job with Colossus and even moreso with Storm, who had been lost in the mix for some time.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Rickbarry said:

@Hazlenaut: My god...I never knew this J2 existed. It's the worst thing ever.

@AgeofHurricane: I blame AvX and Bendis undercutting him with All New X-men. Dude had eight issues or so before AvX began. Although I think Wood has done a great job with Colossus and even moreso with Storm, who had been lost in the mix for some time.

Yeeeeeaaaah, i'm STILL not buying it. Wood did more with Colossus in an arc than Gillen did in his entire run.

jdnice11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think ppl didnt like him being the Juggernaut because he was WAY OP, but also, they didnt really do anything with him.

me personally i loved the look he had as the Juggernaut. Always felt Colossus should have been bigger and the Mass he gained while as Cyttoraks Avatar was bad ass.

I would love to see Colossus evolve somehow...become more powerful. Kinda make him relevant when he takes on Hulk and Juggernaut...who have been updated themselves with Hulk being in his Worldbreaker level & Juggernaut getting more power from Cyttorak than ever before. It would be nice to see Colossus get a boost in strength to actually hang with these HEAVY HEAVY Hitters!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.