Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7593 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

Who's your favorite version of Colossus?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

This one's a toughie for me, but I really enjoyed Chris Claremont's version of Colossus since he did wrote the character first.  I also enjoyed the Ultimate Universe Colossus and Joss Whedon's Colossus!

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Rickbarry

I'd have to go with Claremont as well, but I almost want to say Whedon because he brought him back from the dead in epic fashion. I'll also give a slight nod to Wood as he's written Colossus as a more cerebral character than most others as of late.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By agent9149

Ultimate for me.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Rickbarry said:

I'd have to go with Claremont as well, but I almost want to say Whedon because he brought him back from the dead in epic fashion. I'll also give a slight nod to Wood as he's written Colossus as a more cerebral character than most others as of late.

I loved the way that Joss Whedon brought back Colossus! It was so brilliantly done!
    allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By allthatsgeek

Whedon or Wood I'd say. I loved how Whedon wrote him when he brought him back, but I love the way Wood was writing him in that far too short Adjective less X-Men run.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Rickbarry: "Slight" nod ? Traitor.

Also, Clarmeont, Whedon and Wood.

Gillen didn't do crap.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rickbarry

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rickbarry: "Slight" nod ? Traitor.

Also, Clarmeont, Whedon and Wood.

Gillen didn't do crap.

Lol. Well in the pantheon of Colossus writers I'd stick him third. I can't see placing him above either Claremont or Whedon. Doesn't mean Wood didn't do a great job with the guy. -Brofists.-

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By SoA

AoA and Ultimate

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Whedon or Claremont. I am excited for his CATXF version too.

Haganz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By Haganz
    No Caption Provided

My favorite version of colossus

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @god_spawn said:

Whedon or Claremont. I am excited for his CATXF version too.

I can't wait for the CATXF version too! I hope they write him well in that comic!
    jdnice11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the Juggernaut Colossus...even though I admit he was way OP, but his added mass bc of the POwer granted to him...Now that was a Colossus! Unlimited strength added to his already Superhuman strength. He was like Armor on top of Armor lol! Cytorrak called him his favorite bc he engaged in so many battles he was always causing destruction and even took on a new Demon Form when granted more power. Was Awesome!

But my favorite is his Modern look. The sleeveless jumpsuit one. Colossus will always be my favorite. A man with incredible amount of power and prefers not to fight...but dont let this Gentle Giant/ Calm demeanor fool you. When Colossus enters the battle field he comes to play and let Kitty, Illyana or any other team member be in trouble...Colossus is a force to be reckoned with!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdnice11 said:

I like the Juggernaut Colossus...even though I admit he was way OP, but his added mass bc of the POwer granted to him...Now that was a Colossus! Unlimited strength added to his already Superhuman strength. He was like Armor on top of Armor lol! Cytorrak called him his favorite bc he engaged in so many battles he was always causing destruction and even took on a new Demon Form when granted more power. Was Awesome!

But my favorite is his Modern look. The sleeveless jumpsuit one. Colossus will always be my favorite. A man with incredible amount of power and prefers not to fight...but dont let this Gentle Giant/ Calm demeanor fool you. When Colossus enters the battle field he comes to play and let Kitty, Illyana or any other team member be in trouble...Colossus is a force to be reckoned with!

Agree! That's what I love about Colossus! He may be one of the strongest X-Men around, but he's also the nicest X-Men member around!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.