Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7592 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

Who and what has affected Colossus?

Bart Simpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bart Simpson

Checking out Wiki and Marveldatabase, it seems as if little things outside of brute force and magnetism can affect this guy. So this thread is focused on who or what has affected Colossus. Just so people know, I don't need to know that a very powerful character like Galactus has affected him. That should be a given. 

Instead I recall the creator stating that Pyro has successfully heated up his metal skin before and I'm also aware that Omega Red's spores have affected him before. These are the type of things I want to know. So who or what else has affected him in the past?

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Korg
    Riptide was able to pincushion Colossus with shuriken during the Mutant Massacre.
    "Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By "Colossus"
    @Bart Simpson said:
    " Checking out Wiki and Marveldatabase, it seems as if little things outside of brute force and magnetism can affect this guy. So this thread is focused on who or what has affected Colossus. Just so people know, I don't need to know that a very powerful character like Galactus has affected him. That should be a given.   Instead I recall the creator stating that Pyro has successfully heated up his metal skin before and I'm also aware that Omega Red's spores have affected him before. These are the type of things I want to know. So who or what else has affected him in the past? "
    Hulk and riptide.
    the only two who ever injured him.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By castleking
    Ord has bn able to hurt colossus via holds and even pressure point attacks while in metal form.
    Walker696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Walker696

I don't know if she has, but can't Kitty Pryde affect him to some extent?????
    Also if I recall hasn't Rouge taken his powers as well (I'm not sure I'm asking)
    I would also thing that Vibranium would hurt him but once again I'm not really all that sure

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i consider myself, and am by others a foremost on Colossus, so ill try and give you the rundown.

616 version
    shown immunity

electricity/lightning
    freezing (naturally!)
    heat extremes (theres a limit though but its very high, ill get to this)
    kinetics/pressure/force (again, theres  limit but its high)
    other metals (at best, he can be scored scratched by adamantium, its a wash since when Colossus reverts
    between forms nicks, cuts and scratches are repaired)
    re-entry to a planets atmosphere 

magic. Colossus has shown some resitance to magic, in blast form a few times and spells.
    this is largly due to enchantments his sister placed on him.

enough force can knock Colossus, and i often have seen those scans used as "effected", but
    in almost every case the next page shows Colossus getting up

little to no resistance
    magnetics
    Legacy virus
    telepathy (small degree of resitance.  the usual from having Charles and Jean poking you all the time)
    certain specialized affects listed here 

* note: Colossus has undergone three evolutions. 
    -a large portion of the time we've known him were referred to as his teen years. during this time he wasnt a master 
    of his power yet. he had less strength, and could take some internal injury, usually to his bones if the outside
    damage was great enough (teen)
    * at some point here Colossus was said to have been upgraded by Magneto, but this was forgotten about quickly
    by writers. it suppposedly increased his overall stats.
    - due to long training with the X-Men and as an adventurer/superhero he evolved, and gained a mastery
    of his powers. he was now much stronger, faster, agile, and notably able to assume a 100% metal form
    straight through to his bones, much in the way Iceman uses his powers. (adult)
    - Colossus of course died due to the Legacy Virus. he was brought back to life on Breakworld,
    and his stats were said to be changed, but the how hasnt really been shown as this seems to
    have been forgotten about (fine by me really, he shouldnt be made overwhelming)
     (reborn)

----
    affected by but didnt really do anything
    Wolverines claws scored him, not enough to due any harm nor put him down ( the Ultimates
    version shows to not share this trait). (teen)

a Doombot remote controlled by Doom rendered Colossus unconscious using a  neural disruptor
    to scramble his specific motor neurons made just for him (pretty damn crafty Doom!).
    there were no lasting affects. Colossus's was asleep for a few minutes. (teen)

Rogues touch affects Colossus. shes never used it cause lasting harm in 616, but more than
    likely could as its shown to be possible for her to do so. (any)

pressure point attacks as listed by someone above, but no lasting damage (any)

---
    affected highly by but didnt do enough 

Wreckers crowbar/ Asgardian enhancement= Colossus was still able to lift a ship weighing over 1,000 tons
    while struggling with the injury. he was later healed by Zsaji  " in Secret Wars " in Colossus defense
    he was fighting the rest of the Wrecking Crew and Dr.Octopus at the same time and Wrecker hit him
    in the ribs from behind while his arms were lifted. (teen)

Worldbreaker Hulk was able to apply sufficient force to bend Colossus. Colossus healed from this.
    i want to note that he did better than Thing here, and in fact Hulk complimeted him on his performance.
    (current)

Vision affected Colossus by phasing and scrambling him. it took alot of effort on Visions part,
    and resulted in a backlash KO'ing both characters. (teen)

Arkons arrows caused Colossus pain, no damage. Colossus was pretty angry. 

Pete Wisdoms daggers hurt Colossus. Petes daggers are hotter than the surface of the sun.
    this was one of my favorite moments for Colossus because we learned alot from it. Wisdoms
    daggers penetrated/melted into Colossus, and we saw his blood in metal form, which was
    liquid metal as well. the affect was Colossus was extremely pissed and beat Wisdom into a coma.
    he healed this by switching forms (adult)

---
    affected by in a bad way 

Riptide's super velocity stars .
    Magneto healed him but the process left him paralyzed temporarily.  
    after he was fixed and improved, Colossus faced Riptide again
    and was now immune to his stars.
    Colossus ended up killing Riptide in the end .(teen)

Colossus took a blast from Doom after he had gained the powers of the Beyonder.
    he was destroyed utterly. why this is notable (and debated) is when the heroes where
    brought back, Colossus was noted as having had the greatest durability of them all,
    having taken the least amount of physical damage. (teen)

---
    hope this helps to answer your question.

Avatar image for the_phoenix_child
    The Phoenix Child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Phoenix Child

Colossus greatest weakness for me is his big heart... once it brokens...he gets lost in his path. 

Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @The Phoenix Child said:
    "Colossus greatest weakness for me is his big heart... once it brokens...he gets lost in his path.  "

Agreed.
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @Bart Simpson:

An alternate reality Colossus had his heart torn out by the demon, S'ym, in Uncanny X-Men . And in Exiles, an alternate reality Iron Fist punched a hole through Piotr's bio-organic armor, and killed him.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Illyana Rasputin: 
    in 616, Colossus was unharmed by a chi attack from Iron Fist. in 616. Colossus has had 3 fights with Sym.
    at best Colossus knocked Sym out. alternate reality versions of characters are generally weaker than their 
    616 counterparts. the AoA version of Colossus for example was killed by a charged projectile throw to
    the back by AoA Gambit.
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " @Illyana Rasputin:  in 616, Colossus was unharmed by a chi attack from Iron Fist. in 616. Colossus has had 3 fights with Sym. at best Colossus knocked Sym out. alternate reality versions of characters are generally weaker than their  616 counterparts. the AoA version of Colossus for example was killed by a charged projectile throw to the back by AoA Gambit. "
    Yes, I have noticed that, as well. Thank you for the information!
    Bart Simpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bart Simpson

Feel free to mention stuff from alternate universes too. Just curious on this guy's limits.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Korg

Rogues touch affects Colossus. shes never used it cause lasting harm in 616, but more than 
    likely could as its shown to be possible for her to do so. (any)     

Colossus has been shown to be immune to Rogue's touch while armored (616).
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Korg: debatable. in that one instant he was immune in any other he wasnt. i take it as a goof personally.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Korg
    @CATMANEXE said:

" @Korg: debatable."

Nope, it is clearly shown on panel.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Korg: ?? 

dont be goofy. its clearly shown on panel that she did as well.
    debating it means denial that the X-Mens first encounter with Nimrod ever happened, a story which has been re-shown
    to date ( the kiss was not). id also be denying any time Rogue has absorbed anyones powers of a higher caliber, like Thor , Ares 
    and Juggernaut for example, or a more difficult material like those made of fire or Ms.Marvels Kree anatomy. or in more current issues than that like in X-Treme where she temporarily was given memory recall, and one of the powers that came up was Colossus's steel form. sorry, multiple incidents establish continuity, that was a one time writer goof. or, even if, since shes shown with the powers later,
    then consider it retconned. (regardless of what the oh so reliable wikipedia says about it).
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Korg
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " @Korg: ??"
    I'm talking about a specific incident in which it is clearly shown, and stated, that Colossus is immune to Rogue's powers while in armored form. You acknowledge that this happened. There is therefor nothing to debate.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Korg: right. once, against the one before and the recall of his powers afterwords. there isnt anything to debate. it was one poorly written moment. i acknowledged that it didnt happen because the writer didnt research and therefore made a continuity error, one that was corrected afterwords.

Rogue absorbed Colossus's powers in  Uncanny X-Men #179, 194, X-Men & Alpha Flight (1st series) #1, Heroes for Hope #1, Uncanny X-Men #208, 247, and X-Men (2nd series) #80, 102, 106, 107. she later recalled them when Sage gave her memory recall in X-Treme.

the incident your referring to happened in  X-Men (2nd series) # 100. take note that it was retconned out because the writer was made
    aware of his mistake. and again she has been able to recall his power, as well these incidents where she drained his power have been 
    reshown again and again, the most recent time being in X-Men Legacy #221.

it was a clear case of WIS.
    steve2275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By steve2275

acid/corrosives and telekinesis
    are prolly his biggest physical weaknesses

Artistik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Rapid temperature change can be devastating to him in his metal form. Pyro superheated him and then Avalanche rolled a tanker truck full of liquid nitrogen into him, which severely cracked his skin and froze him into place. Even though it was a horrific moment for my favorite character, this is one of my all-time favorite images.

Liberty-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kitty Pryde

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.