Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7593 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

What do you think will happen to Colossus after AvX?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#151  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry said:

@Blood1991: I think they'd be cutting him off from significant storylines if they freeze him that way, but now that I think about it he's shown to be flesh in a blood in consequences. Hopefully they keep it in line with what Gillen is laying for him. He's done enough research so he should know. I'd have to assume, unless they're retreading the stuck in form route again, that he's either going through a secondary mutation or all that time being armored up as Juggs has made him totally lethal once armored up. What do ya think? I mean it took severe brain damage to keep him locked in armored form last time.

A secondary mutation would make more sense, than to revert to being stuck, but I don't know what kind of secondary mutation would be a good edition.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Rickbarry

@Blood1991: I've no idea, but I guess if they're going to be bumping heads with Uncanny Avengers he'd need an augmentation to be able to rumble with some of their heavy hitters. I don't particularly care for him to get any additions. I just don't want him to be stuck in armored form. I mean think about it. No romance, no relating to the character as an actual man ever again. We've already got a Rockslide. We don't need two.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry said:

@Blood1991: I've no idea, but I guess if they're going to be bumping heads with Uncanny Avengers he'd need an augmentation to be able to rumble with some of their heavy hitters. I don't particularly care for him to get any additions. I just don't want him to be stuck in armored form. I mean think about it. No romance, no relating to the character as an actual man ever again. We've already got a Rockslide. We don't need two.

Agreed, he was fine as is and doesn't need new powers to be interesting, and he doesn't need to be stuck in armored form to have depth.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Rickbarry

@Blood1991: I'm telling ya. The thread I put up a month or two ago was right on the money. There's always something bad happening to this guy! Why must they punish my favorite character constantly?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry said:

@Blood1991: I'm telling ya. The thread I put up a month or two ago was right on the money. There's always something bad happening to this guy! Why must they punish my favorite character constantly?

They punish the X-Men constantly lol

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Rickbarry

@Blood1991: Yeah, but I mean everyone on the extinction team seems to be appearing in the main titles and now Colossus is one of the most wanted Mutants after this whole terrorist thing goes down. Then you've got the powers situation! Although...it does make for interesting reading.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry said:

@Blood1991: Yeah, but I mean everyone on the extinction team seems to be appearing in the main titles and now Colossus is one of the most wanted Mutants after this whole terrorist thing goes down. Then you've got the powers situation! Although...it does make for interesting reading.

True, but that title looks to be the best of the new ones. I'm still skeptical about how they will handle the direction of the team, but so far it all looks interesting. Gawww I hate waiting!

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Rickbarry

@Blood1991: No kidding. That comic is released in January. Which means, after the consequences series, I have to wait a couple months to get my Petey fix. I can't buy the wolverine book, nor All New. I think I'll be buying Cable & X-force, Thunderbolts, Uncanny X-force and maybe Iron Man.

If you look at the alt cover on the Cable & X-force book Colossus face looks weird. I don't know if it's reflection or his face has the segmented look like the armor on his arms. So maybe it is a secondary thing.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/preview2.php?image=solicits/marvelcomics/201301/CABLEXF2012003_var.jpg

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry said:

@Blood1991: No kidding. That comic is released in January. Which means, after the consequences series, I have to wait a couple months to get my Petey fix. I can't buy the wolverine book, nor All New. I think I'll be buying Cable & X-force, Thunderbolts, Uncanny X-force and maybe Iron Man.

I plan on giving all the X-Books a try, from there I'll give both Avengers books a try and I'll keep getting Hawkeye and Captain America.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Rickbarry

@Blood1991: Good luck, man. That's a lot of books to pick up!

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry: Ha I pick up waaay to many comics, but its my geek fetish.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Rickbarry

@Blood1991: This summer was quite bad for me. I bought Wolverine's book, Uncanny, AoA, AvX and a few various avengers tie ins. I've a tablet. It makes it too easy to buy them.

Edit: Oh and Adjectiveless, of course!

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry said:

@Blood1991: This summer was quite bad for me. I bought Wolverine's book, Uncanny, AoA, AvX and a few various avengers tie ins. I've a tablet. It makes it too easy to buy them.

I have a comic shop not five minutes from the college I'm attending so I understand the curse and blessing of easy access XD

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Rickbarry

@Blood1991: Why must Cable & X-force be so far away?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#165  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Blood1991 said:

@Rickbarry said:

I plan on giving all the X-Books a try, from there I'll give both Avengers books a try and I'll keep getting Hawkeye and Captain America.

I'm definitely thinking about checking out Uncanny X-Force and Cable and X-Force! I hope we get some really good stories out of those!
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Rickbarry

@Rabbitearsblog: I'm unsure about Uncanny X-force as I'm not overly familiar with Puck, Spiral or Femtomex, but it has promise. I have to say that everything I've heard about Cable & X-force just sounds awesome. No dull moments once they're on the run.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Rickbarry said:

@Rabbitearsblog: I'm unsure about Uncanny X-force as I'm not overly familiar with Puck, Spiral or Femtomex, but it has promise. I have to say that everything I've heard about Cable & X-force just sounds awesome. No dull moments once they're on the run.

I agree! I can't wait to see what kind of stories they get out of Colossus and the X-Force on the run!
    McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#168  Edited By McKlayn

@Rickbarry said:

Totally agree, it's one of the most interesting new titles from marvel now

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Rickbarry

@McKlayn:Yup. I found myself enjoying Remender's Uncanny X-force, but it was very closed off in terms of what happened in other books. We saw the aftermath of Genesis and Angel, but no other titles really tied in with what happened there. We're getting an X-title that's going to have implications in two other titles. Doesn't hurt that I don't dislike a single character on the roster. Hopefully the last character is a solid one as well.

Cyclops4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Cyclops4ever

@McKlayn said:

@Rickbarry said:

Totally agree, it's one of the most interesting new titles from marvel now

I also agree, Im going to read cable and x-force as well as all new x-men from marvel now as there the only interesting books marvel now has that doesn't involve self righteous fascist avenger pukes lol. I'm very interested to see how Cyclop's new squad and Cable's interact and help eachother clear their names and kick some avenger butt.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Rickbarry

@Blood1991: @Rabbitearsblog: Spoiler Alert for Consequences 3!

So Ororo is coming back to her room only to find Illyana settled on top of her bed with an envelope. Apparently it contains Piotr's whereabouts and Illyana suggests she uses the coordinates to turn him in to the Avengers. I have to say that I can't help but wonder why she would do this. As if it wasn't enough to manipulate him with Cyttorak she now wants to put him in prison? Perhaps someone should teach her the opposite lesson she tried to teach her brother. Don't sacrifice other people for your own gain so easily.

What do you guys/gals think? Is she using Ororo to check in on her brother or does she really want him in jail?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry: Teasers show her and Mags talking to Pete so I assume she decided to confront him herself. Still no explanation for Erik though. Still she could have back up or something, but I'm thinking she will let him and Magneto off.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Rickbarry

@Blood1991: It's possible, but now that you mention it I remember the scans being shown of her going to see Piotr. Something has to happen here soon to get him out of his hole in the ground and with Cable. Maybe she turns him in afterward?

I will say that my desire to see Ilyana punched on panel grows. Although I have to admit I do enjoy that evil blonde girl.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry: I think Villain really suits Magik. Ororo could turn him in though, but I'm not sure her thoughts on AVX are pretty much unknown and I know Marvel doesn't really care about character history these days.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Rickbarry

@Blood1991: It most certainly does. She possesses the kind of logic that most Villains have these days. Either way she's pretty dynamic in every panel she graces. I think Marvel cares about character history, but it doesn't apply to larger characters. Too much backstory and they usually just choose whatever fits their current narrative.

Something has to happen that flushes him out. I can't see Cable sitting around and saying "I heard Colossus is holed up in Siberia. Let's head on over and search for him!". I want the next issue already.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry said:

@Blood1991: It most certainly does. She possesses the kind of logic that most Villains have these days. Either way she's pretty dynamic in every panel she graces. I think Marvel cares about character history, but it doesn't apply to larger characters. Too much backstory and they usually just choose whatever fits their current narrative.

Something has to happen that flushes him out. I can't see Cable sitting around and saying "I heard Colossus is holed up in Siberia. Let's head on over and search for him!". I want the next issue already.

Same. I'm thinking Magneto talks him into helping break out Scott, from there Ororo may tell the Avengers, but I think she is going to remain quiet "further separating her from the Avengers"

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Rickbarry

@Blood1991: Possible, but I'd be shocked if they needed Piotr to break Scott out of prision. He's uniquely qualified to tank whatever and he might want to help his buddy out, but Magneto could tear the prison apart better than Colossus. Hopefully they, Colossus and Storm, chat for longer than what's suggested in the preview pages.

sgu823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By sgu823

Joining Cable's X-Force?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Rickbarry

@Rickbarry: Catch AvX 4? If not, I have an update for ya and anyone else!

Update: Ororo happens upon Piotr living in seclusion somewhere in Siberia. He greets her as he's toiling away on some mural against the wall. She tells him that he needs to bring himself in, but Piotr claims he doesn't need to do anything unless she tries to make him leave. He's debating on living a life of pacifism or the direct opposite, stating that his heart is too sentimental and trusts it no longer. Ororo is looking in disbelief wondering what happened to him where Piotr wonders what happened to everyone. He only wants to be left alone for the time being, but if she turns him in he will hold no grudge. Oh! He tells Ororo to kill Illyana if she ever sees her again. I can't say I blame him for wanting her to eat a lightning bolt.

So, yeah, he's pretty despondent, but it seems like he's building a wall around his heart to protect him from getting burned so badly again. I'd imagine he ended up choosing to become a soldier as we all know he ends up with Cable somehow. How they'll meet? Maybe it'll be in the next issue, but I'm thinking that's mostly going to deal with the breakout.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Rickbarry said:

@Rickbarry: Catch AvX 4? If not, I have an update for ya and anyone else!

Update: Ororo happens upon Piotr living in seclusion somewhere in Siberia. He greets her as he's toiling away on some mural against the wall. She tells him that he needs to bring himself in, but Piotr claims he doesn't need to do anything unless she tries to make him leave. He's debating on living a life of pacifism or the direct opposite, stating that his heart is too sentimental and trusts it no longer. Ororo is looking in disbelief wondering what happened to him where Piotr wonders what happened to everyone. He only wants to be left alone for the time being, but if she turns him in he will hold no grudge. Oh! He tells Ororo to kill Illyana if she ever sees her again. I can't say I blame him for wanting her to eat a lightning bolt.

So, yeah, he's pretty despondent, but it seems like he's building a wall around his heart to protect him from getting burned so badly again. I'd imagine he ended up choosing to become a soldier as we all know he ends up with Cable somehow. How they'll meet? Maybe it'll be in the next issue, but I'm thinking that's mostly going to deal with the breakout.

I wonder about what they are doing with Magik.  Is she a bad guy or a good guy? It just feels like the writers don't know what to do with her exactly since she keeps switching from being good to being bad.  I wish the writers would just let her choose a side already.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#181  Edited By Mercy_

I sincerely hope he beats the living sh!t out of his sister, on multiple occasions.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Rickbarry

@Rabbitearsblog: She's pretty much the same person, but now she doesn't have a bomb around her neck or is forced to stay locked in a prison cell when off duty. So, naturally, I think she's going to unravel a bit. What's a kid brought back to life and raised in Limbo that just so happens to have immense power going to do without any boundaries? It's going to be an interesting, but dark and lonely path for little 'Yana. She'll regret burning Piotr.

@Mercy_: I'd like to see this as well. Smack her a few times to knock that smirk off her face...or at the very least mess up her bangs. She did burn him hardcore, but it made for interesting reading. It all goes back to the Rasputin name. They're all hard to kill and crazy as can be.

tahmidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By tahmidk

what did she do that makes steel petey hate her so much? also why did she turn him inz? and why is danger helping cyclops wasnt she working with the other evil robot dude?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Rickbarry

@tahmidk: Illyana used his love to manipulate him into becoming enslaved to Cyttorak and strung him out over the months when she could have freed him instantly. It was pretty much to teach him the stupidest lesson of all time. So Petey, being all angry after being abused and Kittyless, says he's going to kill her the next time they meet. Magneto and Illyana couldn't use him anymore so they wanted Storm to take care of him, but she wouldn't do what they wanted. The whole Danger storyline with UNIT is finished as he left earth after the Phoenix was destroyed. So she's free until her man comes back.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Rickbarry

@Blood1991: So Bachalo might have tossed out a spoiler for the Colossus power discussion we were having a week or so ago.

"Characters powers have been 'adjusted' as a result of the Phoenix Five fallout and I was asked to redesign costumes for the entire cast." Now, I know Colossus isnt in the new book, but he was one of the P5 and the suggestion of his powers being goofy could be a result of being screwed by the Phoenix Force.

allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#186  Edited By allthatsgeek

Perhaps Colossus could end up getting a power bump and finally be taken seriously against the other Marvel U heavy hitters. I know they said the Uncanny Avengers would be going after them, so a power bump could make a Colossus v Thor fight interesting.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry said:

@Blood1991: So Bachalo might have tossed out a spoiler for the Colossus power discussion we were having a week or so ago.

"Characters powers have been 'adjusted' as a result of the Phoenix Five fallout and I was asked to redesign costumes for the entire cast." Now, I know Colossus isnt in the new book, but he was one of the P5 and the suggestion of his powers being goofy could be a result of being screwed by the Phoenix Force.

Interesting, like Allthatsgeek said he could get a power boost, but I don't think so. That would mirror what happened with Closonaught. I;m not quite sure what they are up to with him.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Rickbarry

@allthatsgeek: @Blood1991: So I caught the February solicits and caught the cover for Cable and X-force issue four.

No Caption Provided

Ol' Petey is hulking out about something. The issue states that it's going to be a 'Massacre'. I'm so looking forward to this title.

Xorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Xorion

@Rickbarry said:

@allthatsgeek: @Blood1991: So I caught the February solicits and caught the cover for Cable and X-force issue four.

No Caption Provided

Ol' Petey is hulking out about something. The issue states that it's going to be a 'Massacre'. I'm so looking forward to this title.

In marvel now preview it says 'where has colossus been to post AvX and what's wrong with his powers?' so it looks like he will get an after phoenix power up too

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Rickbarry

@Xorion: It's certainly possible he could get an amp or something different going on with his powers, but God Spawn is right. He'll be runnin' wild.

Xorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Xorion

@Rickbarry: yeah, it seems like it. Guess that will be the first time we'll be seeing his full potential also it's time for him to break his shell. But it's too bad he shaved I loved his metal beard in AvX: consequences

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Rickbarry

@Mercy_: @Xorion: @Blood1991: Here's an article and preview images from the first issue. The art looks amazing and Colossus looks like a total loose cannon. He's throwing dead guys and allies into/through walls. I'm so amped for this series.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42217

What do you guys/gals think?

NazarethSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By NazarethSavage
    @Mercy_ said:

I sincerely hope he beats the living sh!t out of his sister, on multiple occasions.

Leave Illyana alone. She's all he has.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#194  Edited By Mercy_

@NazarethSavage said:

@Mercy_ said:

Leave Illyana alone. She's all he has.

And he would be entirely better off without her.

Don't get me wrong, I love Illyana, I find her far more interesting than Piotr and a deeper character. But speaking from an objective perspective, she's a sh!tty, selfish, cruel person.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#195  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Rickbarry said:

@Mercy_: @Xorion: @Blood1991: Here's an article and preview images from the first issue. The art looks amazing and Colossus looks like a total loose cannon. He's throwing dead guys and allies into/through walls. I'm so amped for this series.

Oh, Havok.

Havok, Havok, Havok. Forever the poor man's Cyclops.

I do find the spunk impressive, though. Also, this has already become a favorite series of mine. And it's not even out.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry said:

I hope that punch is about Cable killing or allowing all those people to die. Killing, *sigh* I'll accept it, but killing innocent people is just... I don't want that for one of my favorite characters.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Rickbarry

@AgeofHurricane: I'm sure Cap will give him a spanking after getting him back to the mansion.

@Blood1991: It's gotta be a setup. No way Piotr would go along killing these people unless they're up to some extremely shady stuff.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#198  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Rickbarry: Cut that crap.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Rickbarry

@AgeofHurricane: Shut the front door!

allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#200  Edited By allthatsgeek

Based on the previews, I'd have to guess Petey slamming cable against the wall like that was a "wth dude, I wanted to lay low after what happened with the phoenix, and now you make me an accessory to murder?!"

Also, those guys were probably already dead, and it just looks like they did it.

In fact: "The team gets together in a factory of some sort where they encounter dead bodies and the Uncanny Avengers"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.