Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7592 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

What do you think about Colossus being a vigilante after AvX?

• 83 results
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Rickbarry

@allthatsgeek: @Rabbitearsblog: Didn't Dr. Strange and Colossus go on a trip through hell once upon a time? I want to say Colossus actually opened the doors to hell which was thought to be impossible. I'm pretty sure Dr. Strange is going to be on Uncanny Avengers roster. He's on the main poster doing magic stuff.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Rickbarry said:

@allthatsgeek: @Rabbitearsblog: Didn't Dr. Strange and Colossus go on a trip through hell once upon a time? I want to say Colossus actually opened the doors to hell which was thought to be impossible. I'm pretty sure Dr. Strange is going to be on Uncanny Avengers roster. He's on the main poster doing magic stuff.

Oh yeah! I remembered that storyline! It was awesome! Some of the best moments of Colossus ever!
    allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By allthatsgeek

Wow, could anyone point us towards what volume that was in?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @allthatsgeek said:

Wow, could anyone point us towards what volume that was in?

It was in the Days of Future Past storyline or at least it was apart of it, based on the volume I got.
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Rickbarry

@allthatsgeek: It was an Annual release type thing. Believe it's number five or six in that line.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Rickbarry said:

@allthatsgeek: It was an Annual release type thing. Believe it's number five or six in that line.

Oh yeah.
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Rickbarry

@Rabbitearsblog: Looks like you might be right about him being a Vigilante. He's confirmed to be on this roster after AvX. Click at your own discretion!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40999

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Rickbarry said:

@Rabbitearsblog: Looks like you might be right about him being a Vigilante. He's confirmed to be on this roster after AvX. Click at your own discretion!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40999

LOL. So THAT'S why Domino and Colossus were getting cosy in X-Men #35. It all makes sense now.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By Blood1991

@AgeofHurricane: I wonder if they will be a thing now?

Oh and YAY he has hair!

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Rickbarry

@Blood1991: I doubt it. Domino and Cable tend to bump uglies, right? The price tag is 2.99 as well. Marvel...you make me extra happy.

@AgeofHurricane: Of course. It's sad that the run has come to a close. I really dug Wood's run. Also...orange themed uniforms...ENGAGE!

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry said:

@Blood1991: I doubt it. Domino and Cable tend to bump uglies, right? The price tag is 2.99 as well. Marvel...you make me extra happy.

@AgeofHurricane: Of course. It's sad that the run has come to a close. I really dug Wood's run. Also...orange themed uniforms...ENGAGE!

Love triangle? I am kinda against him being there "final nails in the Coffin of innocent Pete :(" and I too loved him in Wood's X-Men even if he and Storm weren't on good terms throughout the title.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Rickbarry

@Blood1991: Everyone can't be friendly all the time. I'm all into the drama. Also, I'm not so sure it'll be the end of innocent Pete. It'll certainly be the end of naive Petey, but it's a good thing for the character. He'll just have a little more edge is all. I'm a pretty big fan of Larroca's art as well. Hopefully hopeless (har har) can write a decent story.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry said:

@Blood1991: Everyone can't be friendly all the time. I'm all into the drama. Also, I'm not so sure it'll be the end of innocent Pete. It'll certainly be the end of naive Petey, but it's a good thing for the character. He'll just have a little more edge is all. I'm a pretty big fan of Larroca's art as well. Hopefully hopeless (har har) can write a decent story.

True maybe I'm jumping to him ripping peoples spines out without even thinking about it to early. He could be the moral compass of that team or at least question Cable's actions "like Storm's". I'm hoping the hair means he loses the gem too.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Rickbarry

@Blood1991: I guess I'm one of the few Colossus fans that enjoy him having the gem. *Shrugs* I prefer my Colossus conflicted and angry these days because otherwise they just stick him in the background saying "Da, Boize Moi, Tovarich"

allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By allthatsgeek

I'm thinking we might see a more cynical side of Colossus start to come out. Let's think about what's gone on lately with him. Sacrificed his life to cure the Legacy Virus, only to be brought back to life and tortured for years. Finally re-united with his love, she get stuck in a giant space bullet. Reunited again, only for her to be stuck intangible. Saves Magik from limbo, only to find a dark facsimile of his baby sister. Taking on the Gem of Cytorrak, he loses Kitty. Taking on the phoenix force, he is labeled a villain. Now, after finding out his sister manipulated him into taking on the gem, and basically a repeated history of every time he tries being altruistic, it bites him in the ass. maybe it is indeed time for "no more Mr. nice Colossus.".

I'd be pretty angry at the world too, man.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#66  Edited By PowerHerc

Bad idea.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry said:

@Blood1991: I guess I'm one of the few Colossus fans that enjoy him having the gem. *Shrugs* I prefer my Colossus conflicted and angry these days because otherwise they just stick him in the background saying "Da, Boize Moi, Tovarich"

Thats true writers don't seem to know how to push him without making him dark. I love the character regardless, but I'm not happy about it.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#68  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Rickbarry said:

You have my support.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Blood1991:

I'm hoping the hair means he loses the gem too.

He had his hair in UXM 18 when Magik went batsh*t and then went all Juggernaut. It's possible he keeps his hair now along with his Juggernaut powers.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Blood1991

@god_spawn said:

@Blood1991:

I'm hoping the hair means he loses the gem too.

He had his hair in UXM 18 when Magik went batsh*t and then went all Juggernaut. It's possible he keeps his hair now along with his Juggernaut powers.

Hair is better than nothing. I suppose...

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Blood1991: I grew used to the bald look tbh. But as soon as he got hair back I was right back to liking his classic look again. I'd like him to keep his hair and I still feel like too little has been done with his Juggernaut upgrade.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Blood1991

@god_spawn said:

@Blood1991: I grew used to the bald look tbh. But as soon as he got hair back I was right back to liking his classic look again. I'd like him to keep his hair and I still feel like too little has been done with his Juggernaut upgrade.

I don't like the crazy spikes and crap. I can live with the power up, mood swings, and helmet, but the spikes just killed it for me.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Rickbarry

@god_spawn: @Blood1991: BDSM Juggernaut from Uncanny 18 has no equal in power, lol. If he has the power as of Uncanny 20 then he damn well better have it in X-force. Especially if they're going to bump into the Uncanny Avengers team. Otherwise Thor will drive him into the ground like railroad spike.

Colossus isn't so squeaky clean as we all think he is. He's killed plenty when the time comes. Proteus, Riptide and others while they were in Austraila. Then you have him joining Magneto, bailing on Magneto and his recent pact with Cyttorak. Heck. He even killed himself.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry: I know he has killed, but he always felt he had no other option. He never looked to kill, he was just put in circumstances that he didn't see any other options. Also now I have to pick this book to read about him lol.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#75  Edited By theTimeStreamer

wish granted. hes on x-force.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Rickbarry

@Blood1991: I think he could have knocked Riptide out, but he pulled a Steven Segal neckstap. Ya know, now that I think about it, Colossus has one of the more higher body counts among the X-men.

You should give it a shot. It's going to be one of the only titles that's a full on x-men roster.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry said:

@Blood1991: I think he could have knocked Riptide out, but he pulled a Steven Segal neckstap. Ya know, now that I think about it, Colossus has one of the more higher body counts among the X-men.

You should give it a shot. It's going to be one of the only titles that's a full on x-men roster.

I'm going to read it ofcourse I like every character in the book "though I get annoyed by too much Cable" I remeber reading about Riptide. I should reread mutant massacre, he got really p!ssed in that story "not that I blame him"

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Rickbarry

@Blood1991: We shall see when it comes to Cable. I will say that it's going to suck waiting from the end of Uncanny until December. I doubt that any of these characters will be in other books if they're going to be considered mutant terrorists after the first act. They'll be radioactive.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Blood1991

@Rickbarry said:

@Blood1991: We shall see when it comes to Cable. I will say that it's going to suck waiting from the end of Uncanny until December. I doubt that any of these characters will be in other books if they're going to be considered mutant terrorists after the first act. They'll be radioactive.

The consquences will probably cover alot of it. Scans of Black Panther shooting a cannon at Wolverine and Storm were teased a few days ago and I'm sure we will see more as the weeks go by.

Mekunekud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Mekunekud

@Blood1991 said:

@Rickbarry said:

Thats true writers don't seem to know how to push him without making him dark. I love the character regardless, but I'm not happy about it.

Problem is that Colossus is one of those characters that is loved for being the gentle giant. He doesnt get enough exposure to warrant any other way to write him so maybe there could be an x-men arc about them trying to help him break out of his rage or something. Remember he just got fucked over by his 'perfect' sister, someone he had unconditional love for and would have died for and she basically turned him into a monster. I would like him to have an arc where he is essentially a pissed off Juggernaut with nothing left to lose. Hell, with what he has done since getting the gem, he is easily capable of being a mass threat since he was capable of pushing back one of the Worthy with no effort and surviving an explosion that might have wiped out Marko. Having him go on a endless rampage (remember that even at the best of times, Colossus was barely in control of himself) could be a good way to either tie up the current persona of him, although I enjoy seeing him struggle to remain Piotr and fight off the influences of his new abilities. It's alot better than having someone act russian, paint pictures and be the generic slugger for the team.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Blood1991

@Mekunekud said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Rickbarry said:

Problem is that Colossus is one of those characters that is loved for being the gentle giant. He doesnt get enough exposure to warrant any other way to write him so maybe there could be an x-men arc about them trying to help him break out of his rage or something. Remember he just got fucked over by his 'perfect' sister, someone he had unconditional love for and would have died for and she basically turned him into a monster. I would like him to have an arc where he is essentially a pissed off Juggernaut with nothing left to lose. Hell, with what he has done since getting the gem, he is easily capable of being a mass threat since he was capable of pushing back one of the Worthy with no effort and surviving an explosion that might have wiped out Marko. Having him go on a endless rampage (remember that even at the best of times, Colossus was barely in control of himself) could be a good way to either tie up the current persona of him, although I enjoy seeing him struggle to remain Piotr and fight off the influences of his new abilities. It's alot better than having someone act russian, paint pictures and be the generic slugger for the team.

We already have two Hulks running around is one tank that doesn't want to rip things in half too much to ask for? I don't mind him being more edgy, but I miss him painting and his naivety. I think Whedon did a great job conveying a more modern naivety with him being bad at jokes and things like that. Little things like that gave him heart in my opinion.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @Blood1991 said:

@Mekunekud said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Rickbarry said:

Problem is that Colossus is one of those characters that is loved for being the gentle giant. He doesnt get enough exposure to warrant any other way to write him so maybe there could be an x-men arc about them trying to help him break out of his rage or something. Remember he just got fucked over by his 'perfect' sister, someone he had unconditional love for and would have died for and she basically turned him into a monster. I would like him to have an arc where he is essentially a pissed off Juggernaut with nothing left to lose. Hell, with what he has done since getting the gem, he is easily capable of being a mass threat since he was capable of pushing back one of the Worthy with no effort and surviving an explosion that might have wiped out Marko. Having him go on a endless rampage (remember that even at the best of times, Colossus was barely in control of himself) could be a good way to either tie up the current persona of him, although I enjoy seeing him struggle to remain Piotr and fight off the influences of his new abilities. It's alot better than 
    having someone act russian, paint pictures and be the generic slugger for the team.

We already have two Hulks running around is one tank that doesn't want to rip things in half too much to ask for? I don't mind him being more edgy, but I miss him painting and his naivety. I think Whedon did a great job conveying a more modern naivety with him being bad at jokes and things like that. Little things like that gave him heart in my opinion.

I loved the bad joke that Colossus was trying to tell in Whedon's run of Astonishing X-Men! I think that Whedon wrote Colossus very well in that run!
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Rickbarry

I don't want a Hulk type character either. He's far more interesting when he's just the dark/angry Russian guy that we saw in Astonishing and during Wood's run. I'd enjoy an upgrade after all this is said and done. He was amped quite a bit when he was stuck his armored form after Mutant Massacre. The guy went from being injured by Riptide to being totally unaffected.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.