Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7572 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

Just wondering... Can Colossus take on Hulk now?

Avatar image for spectacular_iceman
    Spectacular_Iceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This may have been done before but whatever - By the looks of it Colossus is pretty much way stronger than the original Juggernaut because of his metal skin AND because he IS the new Juggy - So now he has more unbreakable skin like Hulk... So can he?

PS: I'd LOVE to see them face off in AVX but unfortunately Hulk is instead going against Emma Frost (just great) and Colossus is going against Thing! It should be the other way around!

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Yes, check out the battle forums sometime. We just had a debate about Colossus (Juggernaut) and Namor vs the Hulk and the consensus was Hulk loses due to Colossus with Namor being of no threat.

Also did Emma ACTUALLY get confirmed to fight the Hulk or are you basing it of a teaser image? If basing of the teaser, then you're wrong. No writer is dumb enough to have Frost in diamond form (who is a 2 tonner) face off against the Hulk by herself. WWH was a big example of how easily she could be incapacitated by Hulk.

Spectacular_Iceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, not just the teaser image but I've seen a few interviews with Bendis and Hickman over viewing the posters and who's going up against who - They both said that Emma vs Hulk is obviously a weird match up but keep on saying "Isn't Diamond unbreakable too?" - That pissed me off to believe me...

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
    royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@god_spawn said:

Yes, check out the battle forums sometime. We just had a debate about Colossus (Juggernaut) and Namor vs the Hulk and the consensus was Hulk loses due to Colossus with Namor being of no threat.

Ross or Banner? Against Namor underwater or out?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@royale_with_cheese: WWH, and Namor fresh out of water.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Spectacular_Iceman said:

No, not just the teaser image but I've seen a few interviews with Bendis and Hickman over viewing the posters and who's going up against who - They both said that Emma vs Hulk is obviously a weird match up but keep on saying "Isn't Diamond unbreakable too?" - That pissed me off to believe me...

I'd take with a grain of salt. Marvel isn't exactly accurate with teaser posters or covers and I wouldn't see why Bendis or Fraction would ruin any "surprises" or whatever you call it for them. Emma is a big one like all her teasers with Namor that never fall through or the Avengers 21 that was mainly Storm on the cover yet she was in the comic a whole 2 pages drooling on the floor. There are too many comics like that to count.

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
    royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@god_spawn said:

@royale_with_cheese: WWH, and Namor fresh out of water.

Uhhhhh I wouldn't discount a fresh out of water Namor (would fair better than normal Colossus for sure). Does he get the choice of dumping WWH into the ocean?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@royale_with_cheese: Doubt it. Nothing was mentioned and Namor isn't exactly an intelligent fighter nor is he that much of a threat to Hulk anymore. And this isn't regular Colossus, he's in his Juggernaut form the entire fight.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Spectacular_Iceman: Here is the link if you are interested.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By dernman

Colossus should be more powerful then the original Juggernaut but I haven't seen anything that convinces me of that.

Spectacular_Iceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dernman well first of all Juggernaut had unbreakable skin, and colossus had metal skin - almost unbreakable - combine them together you get ALMOST invincible...

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By dernman

@Spectacular_Iceman: Well that's why I said should be but should be and what is isn't what is written that way.

I haven't seen anything truly impressive nor anything that puts him above the original coming from Colossus at all. I've been rather disappointed in him to be honest.

His biggest feat so far is sort of beating Kuurth who at that point had lost his Juggernaut powers because Cyttorak took them away IIRC. Since then he has been meh.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rickbarry

@Dernman: @Spectacular_Iceman: Colossus fights Red Hulk in an upcoming Uncanny X-men issue. We'll get a better idea of his capabilities as Rulk has some pretty awesome feats. It's issue 11 due out in April.

Unable to attach the image, but here's the link to the cover. http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=53072

Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Tigerstriper

I want a rematch between them. Let's see who bends who this time.

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By blazinasian112

Colossonaut was putting a grand ol whooping on Red Hulk, until he realized that he was damaging the pillar to Utopia. Colossonaut FTW.

jdnice11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colossus as the Juggernaut will definitely take on the Hulk and win...i think this is a hands down no competition...
    The longer this battle goes on and the destruction it'll cause Cyttorak will surely give Colossus all the power he needs.

Also Colossus Armor Skin, Super Strength, Stamina, Durability & Speed coupled with Everything Cyttorak adds to his already impervious body...he isn't just Unstoppable, he's unbreakable to.

But by the time im writing this Colossus has Lost the Phoenix Force & Cyttoraks powers :(

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 god_spawn  Moderator

@jdnice11: Speculation, tbh. Colossus at base Juggernaut level was only stalemating Red Hulk and eventually got hurt by him. He only started damaging him when he entered his 2nd form. And we’ve seen the Hulk already beat up Rulk. So depending on the form of Hulk as well, it’s competition. Even regular Hulk over the last couple years has been stronger than ever and the longer the fight goes on, Hulk gets stronger as well. And let’s not forget he’s already been able to battle Cain Marko virtually every time without Cyttorak ever really boosting him up. Colossus is going to have to work.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.