Follow

Colossus

Character » Colossus appears in 7577 issues.

Piotr Rasputin is a Russian mutant who possesses the ability to transform his body into organic steel, giving him immense strength and durability. Colossus is among the physically strongest X-Men, and is a talented artist.

Isn't Colossus Immune To Magic?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jhazzroucher

I'm talking about Colossus without cytorrak.

Well, maybe I'm wrong but I think I've read something before that he is immune to magic. Is he? Posting scans would be helpful. : )

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Rickbarry

He's not immune to magic, but he's pretty resistant to most forms of energy which include magic. I don't have scans, but I think he tanked magic attacks in Limbo and elsewhere. It's a weird side effect of his mutation. He isn't composed of an earthly metal. So I guess most energy interacts with it differently.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Rickbarry said:

He's not immune to magic, but he's pretty resistant to most forms of energy which include magic. I don't have scans, but I think he tanked magic attacks in Limbo and elsewhere. It's a weird side effect of his mutation. He isn't composed of an earthly metal. So I guess most energy interacts with it differently.

He isn't composed of earthly metal? really?

Or perhaps Magik gave him some resistance.

Or maybe, he's just a bit invulnerable to magic attacks.

so no scans for me to see? please show. i wanna see it with my own eyes.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

When the New Mutants went to Limbo Belasco pointed out that people with transitional forms are more resistant to magic. Dust and Mercury since they aren't organic were able to resist the effects of magic. Metal has also been known to disrupt magic, Colossus' metal body, Wolverine's claws and the like. I wouldn't say invulnerable but resistant sounds about right.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rickbarry

I'm not entirely sure what you want me to show. I don't have a scan on hand, or at least I don't think, of him tanking any magical attacks. Although I can tell you that his mutant ability exchanges his carbon atoms for a metal in another dimension. It's psionic or something or other. It's why he's more resistant to mental attacks than others.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Rickbarry: Perhaps PrinceIMC's answer is more accurate?

@PrinceIMC said:

When the New Mutants went to Limbo Belasco pointed out that people with transitional forms are more resistant to magic. Dust and Mercury since they aren't organic were able to resist the effects of magic. Metal has also been known to disrupt magic, Colossus' metal body, Wolverine's claws and the like. I wouldn't say invulnerable but resistant sounds about right.
    jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Rickbarry: I just want to let you know that I'm not rejecting your answer ok? But it's really ok if you don't have scans. Maybe somebody else can provide. I can wait. : )

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rickbarry

He pretty much said the same thing I did.

Mekunekud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mekunekud

Well currently, he is the Juggernaut so he is pretty much immune to everything if he wants to be outside of psychics.

jdnice11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what i can remember he isn't immune to magic, but he is resistant to it to a certain degree.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdnice11 said:

From what i can remember he isn't immune to magic, but he is resistant to it to a certain degree.

Magik and Cytorrak used it on him so yea

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.