Follow

COBRA

Team » COBRA appears in 961 issues.

Cobra is the nemesis of the G.I. Joe team. Along with battling G.I. Joe, the members of Cobra are dealing with numerous internal power struggles.

Cobra Commander's Face Revealed In G.I. Joe Flick

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By No_Name_

I'm pretty excited about this. If you're a Joe fan, then you may or may not know that the Joe character, 'Cobra Commander' usually dons a hood to mask his disfigured face. Not this time around though, boys and girls! If you've caught any of the trailers and G.I. Joe movie footage we have posted here on Comic Vine, then you may have noticed that a central figure to the

Cobra's has been left out of the trailer footage. Probably for good reason. Joe Gordon Levitt who will be playing the role of the Cobra Commander will in fact reveal his face in the film . I know that many people may think nothing of the news, but how do comic readers feel? Joe reveals in an interview with New York magazine exactly what he thinks about his part in the film and how he feels about revealing his face.

"Yeah. My face is in it. There's this crazy kind of getup that I wear. It's got makeup and it's got all this other stuff, and it's a mask, basically. You can hardly tell it's me. And that, to me, is the best. That's why I love Daniel Day-Lewis or Gary Oldman. Actors like that, where they're so different as each character, the actor disappears. Doing G.I. Joe made it real easy to disappear because of all the elaborate stuff on my face. And it demands a totally different kind of acting style. You sort of check your realism at the door."

Okay, so I'll admit he wasn't exactly who I had in mind to play the role of the Commander. I'm really curious to see how he'll look with all that make-up, and whether or not they will make him wear that big old mask. Regardless, it should be interesting. However, I am having some mixed feelings about whether or not it would be a good idea to have him show his face or not. I'm throwing this out to you G.I. Joe fans. How do you feel about Levitt playing the role of Cobra Commander? Do you think he's too skinny for this role? That was my first thought.

In case you missed it, here's the latest trailer:

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By jefprice

I think he's turning into a great actor, and I'm sure he'll do a great job.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.