Follow

CMX

Publisher »

Starting in 2004, CMX was DC's Manga imprint (as part of Wildstorm Productions) that reprinted Asian Manga/Manhwa for the American market. It received some criticism for censoring. The imprint ended in 2010.

Anyone Read This Stuff?

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Never heard of it but I'm not a DC guy

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Like I told you in PM, I used to watch the Tenjho Tenge anime but stopped somewhere in the middle when things started backtracking. I'm interested now but they are expensive on ebay. I'll check my local shop and see if they have an better prices.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty

I've read TenTen.  I get the feeling that they gave up trying to sensor it. and just upped the rating.  Why they never did that in the first place, I'll never know...  The first volume they removed all signs of rape, and altered it to a physical attack.  Considering that the violence was enough to put the girl into hospital, there seemed little reason to change it from sexual assault to just assault.  Yet a dozen volumes later they were explicit when a girl was kidnapped and bound like something out of Pulp Fiction. 

But yeah, CMX is crap in comparison to the likes of TokyoPop, Del Rey, Viz and even Dark Horse.  The binding was cheap and rubbish, so when you opened it you could hear the spine creasing.  And strangely the covers curled like wet paper.  The size was inferior to most other manga.  They dumped  a huge logo across the middle of the cover artwork, which was visually gross.  The mini posters inserted inside the front cover were usually printed on paper so thin that you could see the image from the reverse side.  If it weren't for the fact that I like Oh! Great's work, I wouldn't have had anything to do with it... ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.