Follow

Civil War

Story arc »

Following a catastrophic tragedy caused by superhumans, the US Government passes a Super-Human Registration Act that requires all super-powered individuals in the country to reveal their identities, disclose their powers and personal details, and register as government employees or risk indefinite incarceration. This causes a deep rift in the hero community, with some backing the Act while others oppose it.

In Civil War what side do you support?

• 57 results
    flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

Poll In Civil War what side do you support? (92 votes)

Anti Registration 68%
    Pro Registration 22%
    Neutral 10%

Imagine your a superhero and its said you must sign a superhero registration act what sisde would you be on

• 
    flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro Reg!!!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@flazam: Why if you don't mind my asking? Personally, although I'd have anti reg sympathies, I would remain neutral in the conflict.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@flazam: Why if you don't mind my asking? Personally, although I'd have anti reg sympathies, I would remain neutral in the conflict.

With The governmental funding superheros could be trained and upgraded for a new age of heroes!!!!! I see your point though

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flazam said:

@lvenger said:

With The governmental funding superheros could be trained and upgraded for a new age of heroes!!!!! I see your point though

There's a loss of personal security and liberties though with the Pro Reg side. Too much control over superheroes and not enough independence for heroes to act.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@flazam said:

@lvenger said:

There's a loss of personal security and liberties though with the Pro Reg side. Too much control over superheroes and not enough independence for heroes to act.

Why do superheros need independence when they can be guided

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
    deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As a civilian Pro-Reg.

If I were a hero, Anti-Reg.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flazam said:

@lvenger said:

@flazam said:

@lvenger said:

Because otherwise they become puppets of the government. Case in point Dr Manhattan in Watchmen or Superman in The Dark Knight Returns. Always doing what the government wanted rather than what was needed to help people.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@flazam said:

@lvenger said:

@flazam said:

@lvenger said:

Because otherwise they become puppets of the government. Case in point Dr Manhattan in Watchmen or Superman in The Dark Knight Returns. Always doing what the government wanted rather than what was needed to help people.

You have won me over Im anti reg now

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flazam said:

@lvenger said:

@flazam said:

@lvenger said:

@flazam said:

@lvenger said:

You know there might be compelling arguments for the Pro Reg side too.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10 SC  Moderator

I support the side that has the better and more practical reasons, means, methods and has better systems in place to deal with and cope with possible negative consequences. So as far as Marvel's Civil War, neither side! Imma do a Bill and go live with the Asgardians up in that floating fortress... I am sure nothing bad will happen up there...

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Interesting, I was expecting for the anti-registration to be the lead.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ugh I do not want to get into this debate again.

But as I recall, there was one alternate outcome of Civil War where Steve worked alongside Tony to ensure that even though superheroes were regulated and registered, their personal liberties and private lives were still kept intact. For me, that's the ideal use of Registration, making superheroes into public deputies recognized by law enforcement and appointed by the people, but avoiding all of the bureaucratic nonsense by just making them heroes, not soldiers or assets. If there was someone who could be the middleman between the hero community and the government like Captain America - who has pull with heroes, the gov, and the people - things might've turned out better.

But if I was a superhero, I'd probably be like Falcon. Signup Pro-Reg, but just give me an area to patrol and leave me out of the rest of your nonsense.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

Ugh I do not want to get into this debate again.

But as I recall, there was one alternate outcome of Civil War where Steve worked alongside Tony to ensure that even though superheroes were regulated and registered, their personal liberties and private lives were still kept intact. For me, that's the ideal use of Registration, making superheroes into public deputies recognized by law enforcement and appointed by the people, but avoiding all of the bureaucratic nonsense by just making them heroes, not soldiers or assets. If there was someone who could be the middleman between the hero community and the government like Captain America - who has pull with heroes, the gov, and the people - things might've turned out better.

But if I was a superhero, I'd probably be like Falcon. Signup Pro-Reg, but just give me an area to patrol and leave me out of the rest of your nonsense.

Ah yes that would have been a tenable outcome. I believe the DC universe has a similar sort of system

No Caption Provided

starrk_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i would go with pro-reg. and here is why

say that you are a mutant and you just turned 13 okay so far? and your powers are just starting to get out there, and let say that your power is life force Absorption same as say like rouge from marvel, okay...and you are been 1 on 1 with your girlfriend or boyfriend or what ever, or just walk and holding hands, without any warning you see your best friend drops dead on ya. you would be shocked and scary as hell.

you would like to know how it happen, and how to control it (saying that you know that you have powers).

by the civilian population you are for all intent purposes you are a weapon that is out of control and need to be taken control of.

so ya...pro-reg here.

hope that clears the air here

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger

Indeed. Captain America sort of played the role of middleman during his stint as 'top cop', as I recall.

Wow, I didn't know the DCU had metahuman registration - it's pretty cool that they can cite the Amendment to hide their identity. Was this prior to Civil War? Judging from Kyle's costume and the art style, it looks like it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@lvenger

Indeed. Captain America sort of played the role of middleman during his stint as 'top cop', as I recall.

Wow, I didn't know the DCU had metahuman registration - it's pretty cool that they can cite the Amendment to hide their identity. Was this prior to Civil War? Judging from Kyle's costume and the art style, it looks like it.

DC never had a Civil War event to my knowledge.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

I'm pretty sure this has been done so many times.

But anyway, I would not go pro. First off, I wouldn't want to be told what to do by the government. I just don't trust them. And I refuse to hunt down friends and allies just because they're doing the right thing.

If I went neutral, I'd feel like I'm not doing anything to help anyone.

So Anti.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted anti.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Veshark

@lvenger

Uh, no, I think you misread my question. I was asking if DC's idea of 'metahuman registration' was done before Marvel put out Civil War.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

anti id fight to protect my secret identity

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Eternal19

Neutral. I wouldnt want to fight against the government or the will of the people because then I would be seen as the bad guy,but I dont want the government to tell who I can or Cant save and how i should use my powers

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By flazam

But I already know your Identity Bruce Wayne!!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@lvenger

Uh, no, I think you misread my question. I was asking if DC's idea of 'metahuman registration' was done before Marvel put out Civil War.

Woops my bad! Yeah ages ago based on the person who sent me that scan. Even before Kyle became Green Lantern. It might have had something to do with the Legends mini series.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flazam said:

@arkhamc1tizen said:

shut up robin

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By flazam

@flazam said:

@arkhamc1tizen said:

shut up robin

Sorry Batman I think were in the wrong universe

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By flazam
    Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

I will quote Optimus Prime as my answer "Freedom is the right of all sentient creatures." With this answer I back the Anti-Registration because Neutrality is only saying that I am to afraid to fight for what I believe in.

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flazam said:

@lvenger said:

@flazam said:

@lvenger said:

@flazam said:

@lvenger said:

Pretty much my reasoning as well.

BOOSTERwing700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -8

ANTI REG!!!!!!

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Pro

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

William T Sherman

F*ck the south

F*ck georgia

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
    TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#34  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

Anti reg, for sure. Iron Man became a dic(tator). I got mad when Hank Pym chose Pro reg, but it was really a Skrull so that helped. And I was happy when Daredevil joined Anti reg but then I got disappointed when I realized it was really Iron Fist.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will quote Optimus Prime as my answer "Freedom is the right of all sentient creatures." With this answer I back the Anti-Registration because Neutrality is only saying that I am to afraid to fight for what I believe in.

I wouldn't call neutrality being afraid. Thor was neutral about the Civil War and that guy's no pansy when it comes to fighting. Similarly, Strange was neutral for the conflict so as not tip the scales of power in anyone's favour. And in my DC Civil War list, I place Superman as neutral and he always fights for what he believes in. BTW are you working on a DC Civil War list still?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anti-Registration. Birth Certificate and Social Insurance Numbers are enough when placing numbers on a human being.

Choosing neutral reflects does nothing. It's the equivalent of hiding (to me).

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By theTimeStreamer

what thor said to iron man.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cast my vote for the anti side BUT I can see the issue with both sides. The pro side just wanted for the heroes to register with the gov and not reveal their faces to the world Spider-Man and Iron man just did that on their own so it may have been that many heroes saw them unmasking themeselves and thought all heroes had to. But then I can see ur anti side becuase during the dark reign Norman Osborn searched for the files containing the names of all known heroes and tony had to erase them from the data base and his own memory.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anti-Reg. F THE GOV, MAN!

But for real, the way the Pro-Reg handled the anti's were so wrong. Kill or capture on sight? Like c'mon.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@lvenger

@lvenger said:

@bluelantern1995 said:

I wouldn't call neutrality being afraid. Thor was neutral about the Civil War and that guy's no pansy when it comes to fighting. Similarly, Strange was neutral for the conflict so as not tip the scales of power in anyone's favour. And in my DC Civil War list, I place Superman as neutral and he always fights for what he believes in. BTW are you working on a DC Civil War list still?

I didn't mean for it to sound that all neutral people are afraid(even though I said it, man why did I say that?) What I meant was that neutrality is not really a option and really only favors the winning side whichever side that may be and in that sense they are "cowards" for not fighting for the side they believe in. This is not the "coward" who runs from a fight but rather a "coward" who is afraid to stick up for what he believes in. In that sense Strange and Thor are "cowards" though I understand why.

Oh BTW, I am working on that list still. Should have that list up soon. Will definitely tell you when :).

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't mean for it to sound that all neutral people are afraid(even though I said it, man why did I say that?) What I meant was that neutrality is not really a option and really only favors the winning side whichever side that may be and in that sense they are "cowards" for not fighting for the side they believe in. This is not the "coward" who runs from a fight but rather a "coward" who is afraid to stick up for what he believes in. In that sense Strange and Thor are "cowards" though I understand why.

Oh BTW, I am working on that list still. Should have that list up soon. Will definitely tell you when :).

It may be that the sides are so blurred that choosing a concrete side to be on may not be possible as everything. Thor was out of the loop so didn't want to pick a side in a fight he had been out of for ages and Strange didn't want to unbalance everything.

Interesting. Looking forward to it.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a tough one, cause I kinda agree with the spirit of the Pro-Reg stance. While personal rights and liberties are top priority, there's no denying at just how much superpowers change the balance of the world. Knowing who is who and who can do what could save millions of lives.

The problem with Pro-Reg is in how they implemented it. They should have offered perks to heroes who signed up with the act instead of arresting those who didn't. Make it so attractive to be a member that most heroes would WANT to sign up.

The training of people to use their powers was botched as well. They weren't training the students to use their powers safely and responsibly; they were training them to be soldiers for the Initiative. It's fine if the person wants to be part of a hero team, but for someone like Cloud 9 who just wanted to fly to school instead of walking, that's unacceptable.

If I were a Marvel hero during the Civil War, I'd probably have been accepting of the Registration Act when I first heard about it; but when I saw how they were enforcing it, I'd have had to switch to neutrality or anti-reg. Probably neutrality since I didn't totally agree with how Cap and company handled their movement either.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anti reg all the way. why a man has to become a cop to do good? Seriously if i have superpowers i woudnt want to become a full time superheroe because that is not the job that i want in my life. pro registration obligates you to become a cop.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 the_stegman  Moderator

Pro Registration.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anti but mostly due to the book's characterization. Not only does registration mean possible enemies finding out secret identities but what happens when the government starts telling supers who and what to kill.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Anti-Reg, because it made more sense and was on morally superior ground than Pro-Reg.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@pwok21 said:

As a civilian Pro-Reg.

If I were a hero, Anti-Reg.

mtrakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mtrakos

CAP SAID IT BEST!!!

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By novi_homines

Pro Reg. Humans can't always be trusted to do the right things. They need to be held accountable.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.