Follow

Civil War

Story arc »

Following a catastrophic tragedy caused by superhumans, the US Government passes a Super-Human Registration Act that requires all super-powered individuals in the country to reveal their identities, disclose their powers and personal details, and register as government employees or risk indefinite incarceration. This causes a deep rift in the hero community, with some backing the Act while others oppose it.

Cap won the CIVIL WAR after all?

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By speedlgt

Ok ........ 
    So now that the dark times are over for the marvel U and basically everything from disassembled to seige was to lead to this new era of Heroes uniting like never before under the one true leader of the Marvel ......CAPTAIN STEVE ROGERS!!!! so yeah back from the dead and given a new job by Obama his first act is to WIN the civil war by ending the SHR act! 
    what does that say? well I have been thinking about it and i came to 2 ideas on the topic. 

1st I want to say that civil war cahnged marvel for me and I honestly felt there is no way back from it. In my eyes its Cap vs Ironman FOREVER i dont want them to be friends i dont want them to work together its just too much the war was too much. Now when steve gets the law thrown out i have to think that yeah hes still bitter after all they made him look like a criminal put his brothers aginst him and he nearly killed his good friend. Cap the great icon became tranished and made to "look" like the bad guy and if stark had not been a total failure as King of the world Steve would have stayed as the guy who lost. So cap throwns out the law and now its over. It brings a end to the civil war issue in a way, and gives cap the idea of winning. in the end it seems he was Right on all counts........the law failed......stark falied.....the gov failed....osborn was put is charge?.....epic fail for the whole country.....Steve is back and saves the day.Now this is the end I like and agree with for really who else could save marvel from the dark era its been in for the past 10 years!

2nd is the total cop out! end perhaps the end of the SHRA has nothing to do with steve winning and proving that he was right all along but rather its just a plot device. The act needed to be gone so the heroes can KISS and make up.........that makes me want to puke. more so the other side of the coin is stark and OH SNAP!!! guess what guys his mind is half missing! he doenst remember any of it! no hard feelings nor guilt nor remorse cause he just wiped the slate clean! hes off scott free and while I think this the perfect douche move that stark would do.......i mean its totally in character its also a cop out.

so there is no more Cap vs ironman forever! cause first the issue is over and 2nd stark cant dance due to his memory loss! so now that leaves steve with no choice but to move on and stark gets a new life. but what about all the other heroes? thor seems to be ok with things now I would think steve should be pissed at reed as well but to no avail. in any case I really dont know what to make of the new state of the heroes i guess in the end there was no choice but to move on but dam Millar in that he wrote a story that it just felt there was no going back on and if they did it would be cheap.

in some ways it does feel cheap but I am waiting to see how this new start for the avengers goes before i give this the CHEAP sticker.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By karrob

Wow!

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By speedlgt
    @karrob said:
    "Wow! "

wow to what lol?
    CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By CosmicSpiral

Civil War, Secret Invasion, and Dark Reign had many roots in the SHRA. So that's what, four years of influence? 

And it's completely erased in one panel.  

-_-

wayne67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can't have people do things without thinking and having consequences. That wouldn't be comics where every noble sacrifice is undermined with yet another improbable resurrection. Just because people were smashing each other into the ground over their compliance with a random law doesn't mean there should be hurt feelings a few years later. That would be too much like these characters having depth.

Just have amnesia wipe the slate clean, or a clone, or a mind control or a Skrull... It's so many cop outs.

Catty_Spider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Catty_Spider1

@wayne67 said:

You can't have people do things without thinking and having consequences. That wouldn't be comics where every noble sacrifice is undermined with yet another improbable resurrection. Just because people were smashing each other into the ground over their compliance with a random law doesn't mean there should be hurt feelings a few years later. That would be too much like these characters having depth.

Just have amnesia wipe the slate clean, or a clone, or a mind control or a Skrull... It's so many cop outs.

That's arguably why (one of the reasons anyway) people love the Killing Joke so much. That Barbra Gordon is not only paralyzed by the Joker but actually stays paralyzed for the next comic. So she as a character has to grow and adjust and deal with the horrors that have been done to her. She is not simply Batgirl again by the next episode and nothing has happened.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.