Follow

Civil War

Story arc »

Following a catastrophic tragedy caused by superhumans, the US Government passes a Super-Human Registration Act that requires all super-powered individuals in the country to reveal their identities, disclose their powers and personal details, and register as government employees or risk indefinite incarceration. This causes a deep rift in the hero community, with some backing the Act while others oppose it.

5 problems with Civil War

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I don't like Civil War. I think it is lazy written and is mostly a slugfest that tries to be intelligent. But hey, I guess I have to give it credit for trying. Here is 5 out of many problems I have with it. Do you have some answers?

Nbr. 1: Uatu The Watcher.

Is this event really THAT big, that Uatu should show up TWICE?

Nbr. 2: Thor clone.

Please tell me I weren't the only one who hated the clone... cyborg... android.... whatever it is!!!

Nbr. 3: Who is the jackass with the shield?

There is no way that he is the real Cap America. He has to be a random jerk who stole his clothes while the real Cap were taking a bath. That would explain his bad behavior, his backstabbing, the lack of doubt about however he is doing the right thing and why he would work with the Punisher. THE PUNISHER!!!

Nbr. 4: Villians.

YOU DONT USE PRISONERS TO CAPTURE CRIMINALS, END OF STORY!!!

Nbr. 5 What IS the superhuman registration act?

Is it just a law that make heroes revival there identities? that can be fixed. The heroes identities can be secret to the public, but the government know them, and can therefor keep an eye on them and make sure they don't do anything illegal. Does it force ALL super powered beings to work for the government, even if you have no desire of being a hero whatsoever? Apparently not, since Ben Grimm can leave the country as part of a protest against the registration act.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: And were there ANY kind of buildup to this Marvel-event?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By AweSam

1. He gets bored sometimes.

2. I liked Ragnarok more than I like Thor. He thinks he's people.

3. That jackass with the shield is the true Captain America.

4. That's how Bane roles.

5. Do not question the almighty plot.

My problems with Civil War were.

1. It exists.

2. It exists.

3. You get where I'm going with this.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam:

1: LOAL.

2: that thing has a name? Dear god...

3: And I'm Adam Strange.

4: He does?

5: How could I be that foolish?

Your problems are like mine. How can the Marvel heroes just shake hands and go on and pretend this never happened?

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

Your problems are like mine. How can the Marvel heroes just shake hands and go on and pretend this never happened?

The same way Hulk can absolutely level New York during WWH, trash most of the super heroes, and now have a job with Shield and the Avengers.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Same way Scott can be guilty for killing a bald guy out of self-defence. He brings world peace, ends world hunger, then gets called the bad guy. Praise the heroes who defeated the messiah and threw him in jail.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By waezi2

@awesam: A vs X sucks. I think I'm going to make a list over that one to.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By spinningbirdcake

@waezi2: Finding things to complain about Marvel Events, just be aware, for this be a dark road to to travel. A road many have never turned back from.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: I liked AvX. Scott, Emma, Magik, Colossus, and Namor kicking everyones ass. I just hated the outcome. Also, how Spider-man tricked Illyana and Piotr.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.