Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

Edited By BumpInTheNight
    No Caption Provided
    DateCB WikiViewRead the...
    12/31/21Time Phantom(Blog) (Forum)Disclaimer
    RatingRating explanationCopyright for CB Wiki and everything listed in it:
    EInformational.(c) .Chris Bishop. 2021, 2022.
    No Caption Provided
    Aliases:
    The Ghost Who Walks Through Time; John Phantom.
    Super Name:Time Phantom
    Legal Status:Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.
    Group Affiliations:-
    Base of Operations:-
    Main Area Covered:-
    Height:-
    Weight:-
    Eyes:-
    Hair:-
    Birthday:Unknown
    Place of Birth:-
    Character Type:Human
    Marital Status:Widower... but his wife is still alive... it's complicated.
    Known Heroes from the Legacy:Time Phantom from World War II
    Training:Fight training- extent unknown
    Powers:
    • Flight
    • Impervious
    • Super strength
    • Time Travel
    Weapons:
    • Handgun
    • Car with at least a chain gun that folds out of the side.
    Paraphernalia:None.
    Died:n/a
    First Story Appearance:CCC 47/ .Time Share: The Time Phantom Interview.
    Creator:.Chris Bishop.

Story Canon next comment box. :^D

BumpInTheNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BumpInTheNight
    No Caption Provided
    Time Share: The Time Phantom Interview

A TV special showing Time Phantom telling his story at a narcotic addicts' meeting, intercut with additional interview in a private room. He tells the group that he needed the meeting, because his wife came back from the dead... sort of. Then he proceeds to relate the story of how the pressures of a heroic legacy and fear of flying led to drug addiction, and how the drug addiction led to the deaths of his wife and daughter.

He was eighteen when he took up the legacy of Time Phantom. He met Rollergirl in a fight with The Hitman. They fell in love, married, and had a daughter they named Clementine. Rollergirl retired after giving birth, and Time Phantom continued to be a hero. The pressures of "saving the world, being married with a kid, not liking to fly, and supervillains trying to kill [him]" led to him using drugs, thinking that his superpowers prevented him from becoming addicted.

Eventually, he was caught stealing drugs from a crime scene on camera, and his wife made him give a public apology, and enter rehab. This didn't work. He could come-and-go as he pleased due to his power, and the rehab finally passed him to get rid of the problem. He got better at hiding the drug use, but finally messed up, causing the death of his wife and daughter.

Trying to go back in time and save them, he created so many divergent realities, that his enemy, Wartime, finally had to gather a group of heroes to stop him, and put him in rehab for real. This time, the rehab worked, and he stayed clean for over thirty-five years.

On the anniversary of their deaths, Time Phantom would travel back in time to view his wife and daughter from afar, but the last time, something happened. Instead of going to another time, he went to another universe, meeting that universe's younger version of himself, named Sky Phantom. Going back to Sky Phantom's home to talk about what happened, he ran into that universe's version of his wife Clementine, and the shock of it threw him back into his universe. For the week since that time, he'd been at meetings, telling his story, and that led to the TV special.

Time Phantom: Apocalypse When?

Time Phantom is at another meeting. After the events of "Time Share," Time Phantom fell back on an old habit of eating clementine oranges while thinking about his wife and daughter. A bad clementine triggered a partial memory of an argument with his wife. Wracking his brain for days, he finally remembers the rest, and is once again thrown into the Sky Phantom universe. Once again, he finds himself standing before that universe's Clementine, but he realizes that she is his Clementine.

Demanding an explanation for the last thirty-five years of not hearing from her, Clementine tells him of how she and their daughter were caught in a time loop of getting shot over-and-over again thanks to the Time Tokens he had given them. Then she started looking for other ways to save their daughter. She went to a "time vigilante" named Clockwise who helped her break into her husband's Time Vault. There, she took every time weapon he had, and caused so many problems with time, that Wartime tried to intervene, even bringing John from rehab.

Clockwise finally came up with a Time-A-Rang, and used it to throw all the energy Clementine was putting out from messing up time back at her. She claims to have absorbed enough time energy to become as powerful as a hundred thousand of Time Phantom. Not fully in control of her new power, she managed to save their daughter, but sent her to another time period without knowing when it was. She has been looking for her, and continues to look for her, and she tells John that he can't stop her just before she disappears.

Unable to track her, John is thrown back to his universe once again, and he's been going to meetings since.

(Spacer)

Known Associates next comment box. :^D

BumpInTheNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BumpInTheNight
    No Caption Provided
    Known Relatives:
    • Rollergirl (Clementine [I]) (wife)
    • Clementine (II) (daughter)
    Allies:
    • Jumping Jupiter
    • Operators
    • Red Panda
    • Sky Phantom
    • The Three Kings
    Enemies:
    • Bump In The Night
    • The Luftwaffan (or The Blitzkrieger, or something)
    • Ninjas
    • Viceroy Volcano
    • Volcanono
    • Wartime
    Association Undefined:
    • Captain Curley
    It's Complicated:
    • Clementine
    • Clockwise

Other Associations next comment box. :^D

BumpInTheNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BumpInTheNight
    No Caption Provided
    Concepts:
    • Drug Abuse
    • Time Travel
    Creatures:
    • -
    Locations:
    • Central Dispatch Station
    • Time Vault
    Objects:
    • Cuckoo Clock, The
    • Stop Watch, The
    • Time-A-Rangs
    • Time Lock (lock to the Time Vault)
    • Time Phantom's car (with chain gun)
    • Time Stoppers
    • Time Tokens
    Teams:
    • Operators
    Unnamed:
    • -

Creation next comment box. :^D

BumpInTheNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BumpInTheNight
    No Caption Provided

CCC 47's challenge was to take another CV'er's screen name, and turn it into an OC for a story. When I saw the paintings of Andreas Englund, that the hero looked somewhat like The Phantom, and that there were older and younger versions, I thought of a hero that time travel. So, I asked Time_Phantom's permission to use his name, because it seemed just perfect. He gave permission, and away I went. He has also given permission for me to continue using the name for this character.

TP is modeled after Lee Falk's Phantom, and the Phantom is AKA The Ghost Who Walks, so with much love, I made Time Phantom's alias The Ghost Who Walks Through Time.

As stated in the story, "John Phantom" isn't his actual name- it was a compromise made for the anonymous meetings he goes to.

Over the course of the story, we find that Time Phantom can fly, has super strength, can time travel, is impervious, carries a handgun, and drives a super car. Unfortunately, he also has a drug addiction. (Source)

The name "John Phantom" originally came from a dream... sort of. There's something called an "auditory hallucination," which means you hear something that wasn't actually there. I have them on rare occasions when I am way overtired- like I've been up way too many hours tired. Once, I was overtired, laid back on my couch, and just as my eyes started drooping, I heard, "This looks like a job for John Phantom!" It was a nice, rich, deep superhero voice too! Anyway, I put it on my character list, and that was that until I needed a narcotics addicts' meeting name for Time Phantom. And... well... this looked like a job for John Phantom. :)

Cameos/ Minor Appearances/ Mentions in the next comment box. :^D

BumpInTheNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BumpInTheNight
    No Caption Provided
    -

-

(Spacer)

Non-Canon Stories next comment box. :^D

BumpInTheNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BumpInTheNight
    No Caption Provided
    JSA: Drunk Dialing #4

Only a mention. By the time I describe it, you could just read it:

"First," said Flash, "rehab. Non-negotiable. You kick the alcohol, attend some meetings, do the Twelve Steps- the whole business. We found a place. It's the same place where Time Phantom does his meetings, but you'll be staying there for a bit. Doable?"

(Spacer)

Thanks for reading. :^D

BumpInTheNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BumpInTheNight
    BumpInTheNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BumpInTheNight
    Time Phantom
    Time Phantom

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.