Height:5'2"
    Weight:-
    Eyes:-
    Hair:Blonde
    Birthday:Unknown
    Place of Birth:-
    Character Type:Human
    Marital Status:Single
    Known Relatives:unnamed nephew who was a Rulk Rogan fan.
    Training:
    • Trained police detective.
    • Above average gun handling and marksmanship.
    Powers:none
    Weapons:
    • 9mm Glock
    • TASER.
    • Telescoping Baton
    Paraphernalia:Bulletproof vest
    Died:n/a
    First Story Appearance:CCC 73/ .Paulette & Chaffin: The Sleepy Hollow Murders, Part 1.
    Creator:.Chris Bishop.

Story Canon next comment box. :^D

BumpInTheNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By BumpInTheNight
    No Caption Provided
    Paulette & Chaffin: Cupid

Paulette & Rick O'Shea are dispatched to the offices or Holiday, Inc. to investigate the murder of Cupid, AKA Eros- the winged cherub. Just as they are being told that the killer left a note claiming responsibility, and naming their self "The Sparrow," the archer-hero-god Cupid shows up, and tells them that he trained her. Interviewing Cupid for what he knows about The Sparrow, they determine that the hero is The Sparrow's actual target, but is willing to spread her vengeance around to all of the gods. In reviewing security footage, Cupid identifies The Sparrow, and Rick realizes that he'd talked to her the night before at a bar.

The only two things we learn about Mary in this story are that 1) she's rooting for her partner's love life, and 2) she is not affected by Cupid's power. In fact, she really dislikes the guy.

Note: In the CCC 46 version, Paulette's character was named Detective Marion (Mary) Yu. After a couple of stories with Mary Paulette as a character, I retroactively changed Mary Yu to be Mary Paulette.

This story is unfinished, and has yet to introduce Chaffin. This story will show the beginning of their partnership.

Paulette & Chaffin: The Death of Sun Tzu

Paulette & Chaffin are dispatched to the arena to investigate the death of Planet of Wrestling champ Sun Tzu: The Artist of War.

In this one, we learn that Mary is not a fan of wrestling, because she's had to break up a number of bar fights started by Rebel 'Restler wannabes. Her nephew however, used to be a Rulk Rogan fan just because he was named Rulk.

Paulette & Chaffin: The War on Wishes

When a pill called Wish hits the streets, Paulette & Chaffin are on the case. Mary is ticked to find out that she and Chaffin are going to have to work the case jointly with Special Agents Heironymous & Salt of the Secret Service. The four wind up having to go to Norfolk, Virginia where the pills started, and fight alongside some Real Life Super Heroes to bring down Wish and the gang that was dealing it- The Liberteens.

In the fight with the Liberteens, Mary and Phantom Zero take down Fade. Mary later knocks out C-Note with her baton while he's battling Soundwave.

(Spacer)

Known Associates next comment box. :^D

BumpInTheNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BumpInTheNight
    No Caption Provided
    Known Relatives:
    • unnamed nephew who was a Rulk Rogan fan.
    Allies:
    • Captain Swayfer
    • Crystal Salt (Agent)
    • Dorothy "Dot" Matrix
    • Gregg Chaffin (Detective)
    • Heironymous (Agent)
    • Rick O'Shea (Detective)

Allies:

• Planet of Wrestling (POW)
    • "Bone Cold" Cleve Fraustin
    • "Dowdy" Dotty Viper
    • Wayne "The Doc" Ronson

Allies:

• Real Life Super Hero Project*
    Enemies:
    • Dayton Thyme
    • The Sparrow

Enemies:

• The Liberteens
    • C-Note
    • Coolbreeze
    • Fade
    • Flipside
    • Freestyle
    • Hot Sistah
    • Smackdown
    • Solid
    • Throwdown
    It's Complicated:
    • Cupid II
    Victims Investigated:
    • Cupid I (Eros)
    • Sun Tzu: The Artist of War (Kung Pao)
    *The Real Life Super Hero Project names were used for fun. I don't own them, and they will likely be retroactively replaced.

Other Associations next comment box. :^D

BumpInTheNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BumpInTheNight
    No Caption Provided
    Concepts:
    • -
    Creatures:
    • -
    Locations:
    • Holiday, Inc.
    • Oh Three (Detective Division)
    Objects:
    • Wish
    Teams:
    • The Liberteens
    • Norfolk PD
    Unnamed:
    • -

Creation next comment box. :^D

BumpInTheNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BumpInTheNight
    No Caption Provided

The female detective in "P&C: Cupid" was originally named Marion "Mary" Yu - a wordplay on "marryin'/marry you." I pulled that name from my character list, because my aunt had passed fairly recently at the point I wrote this story, and I wanted a detective named Mary in the story to stand in for her. It had not actually occurred to me to just use my aunt's name for the character until later. So, I've gone in retroactively, and edited Mary Yu to be Mary Paulette. The only place you'll find her as Mary Yu is in CCC 46.

In the CCC 46 version, I had randomly made Marion Yu's unit number 785. Having changed the name to Mary Paulette for my aunt, I've also changed the unit number to 1407- my aunt's unit number. (Source)

Mary is my aunt, and Gragg (pronounced basically the same as Greg) is my cousin, both deceased. Both were detectives, but in different cities. Mary was officially a detective for a year before she retired in the early 2010's, but may have been doing the job before she was officially promoted. She was very proud of her detective status, and when a D.A. tried to get her demoted during an election year, Mary chose retirement so she'd retire as a detective. Before her detective rank, Mary was the first officer named Master Patrol Officer, and the first female president of the Richmond, VA Fraternal Order of Police. That's a pretty big deal. She wanted to retire from police work, and go into law, but she failed the bar exam multiple times. She had an encyclopedic knowledge of the law, but unfortunately was just a bad test taker. She passed from breast cancer within two years of her retirement. (Source)

Cameos/ Minor Appearances/ Mentions in the next comment box. :^D

BumpInTheNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BumpInTheNight
    No Caption Provided
    -

-

(Spacer)

Non-Canon Stories next comment box. :^D

BumpInTheNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BumpInTheNight
    No Caption Provided
    Paulette & Chaffin: The Sleepy Hollow Murders, Part 1

Unfinished story. Detective Paulette and her partner, Detective Crane, investigate a death that appears to have been committed by the Green Goblin. The victim turns out to be related to Crane, so Paulette kicks him off the case, and pulls Detective Chaffin to investigate with her- he was on scene working extra as a beat cop.

When Crane doesn't show up for work the next day, Mary goes to check on him at home, only to find the police there. Crane was murdered in his home the previous night.

That's as far as it got before I ran out of time for the contest. I never went back to it. The contest theme was Sleepy Hollow, and what I was going for was that the Marvel villain Jack O' Lantern would be the killer, and have a familial connection to Sleepy Hollow's Headless Horseman. I may finish this at some point, but honestly, I didn't have all of the details worked out when I started the story.

(Spacer)

Thanks for reading. :^D

BumpInTheNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BumpInTheNight
    BumpInTheNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BumpInTheNight
    Mary Paulette
    Mary Paulette

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.