Follow

Chloe Sullivan

Character » Chloe Sullivan appears in 111 issues.

Chloe Sullivan is the best friend of Superman, cousin of Lois Lane and a member of the Watchtower Network, the predecessor of the JLA. She was the long time girlfriend of Jimmy Olsen, but after his death Chloe married Oliver Queen. She worked as a journalist for the Daily Planet but was fired by Lex Luthor. She first appeard in the TV series "Smallville", but was adapted into the mainstream comic books a few years later.

Off My Mind: Chloe Sullivan in Superman Comics

• 129 results
    Apis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

#101  Edited By Apis

I don't see the harm; we've endured worse re-con from better & lesser writers.

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Aside from the fact it would make NO continuity sense whatsoever.. WITHOUT a complete retcon...
     In the TV series "Jimmy" dies.. &his 12yr old nephew (THE REAL JIMMY?) takes his camera... Or have they conveniently forgotten this?

I say concentrate more on makin better character arcs &spend time grindin out quality storylines... rather than catering to every flimsy CW marketing ploy going

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By GREGalicious

I ABSOLUTELY love Chloe on Smallville and im really glad that they have made her a part of the comics. Even tho she has been established on the show, they really have the freedom to do more with her in the comic so i say go for it!! Congrats to Allison Mack for making the character popular enough to even get an inclusion in the mainstream universe because lots of other made for tv characters dont even get that.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#104  Edited By Jedted

I LOVED Chloe on Smallville and i think it's great she's being inserted in to the comics.  Not sure i like the drawing of her, i think her hair is too short and kinda makes her look like a lesbian. 

As someone else mentioned, the Jimmy she had a relation ship is dead in the series which confirmed that he wasn't the REAL Jimmy.  Personally, i still think Smallville should've ended with season 7 so maybe the comic writers had the same idea. 

Diamondblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By Diamondblade

I hate this character. Annoying actress, annoying...

Havik86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Havik86

I never really watched Smallville so I don't know much about the character but I think just on the fact that she was at the core of the cast as much as anyone for pretty much the whole series warrants at least an occasional appearance. Who would have thought that Harley Quinn would have had such an impact on the Batman section of the DCU and she was straight from the cartoon. 

I look at someone like Norah Winters from Spider-Man and I think that's a prime example of what Chloe could bring to the Superman comics. She doesn't have to be in everything but seeing her and other characters from time to time would go a long way to showing that there's more in Clark's life then Lois, Jimmy and a big red cape.

Big

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Big

Chloe's character is over-rated. She was just a projection of all the  average looking girls  who  watch the show so they can identify with someone on it. I never really liked Chloe. I found her annoying with her crush on Clark in the early run of the series. Then, she goes to Metropolis and meets and hooks up with Jimmy. Why? Cuz she ain't no Lana or Lois and can't get Clark, that's why. LAME! I think she's a bit of a ho.. So, I agree, other than providing the comic book a new readership, really, who cares about this bimbo?
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#108  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Marius138: The 'first appearance' listed here applies to their first comic appearance. It's the same with...Darth Vader, we don't list the other mediums they might've appeared in before they made it to comics. 

As for your other question, 3.
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Eyz
    @THEBlaqueBasterd said:
    " Aside from the fact it would make NO continuity sense whatsoever.. WITHOUT a complete retcon...  In the TV series "Jimmy" dies.. &his 12yr old nephew (THE REAL JIMMY?) takes his camera... Or have they conveniently forgotten this?   I say concentrate more on makin better character arcs &spend time grindin out quality storylines... rather than catering to every flimsy CW marketing ploy going "
    I doen'st follow Smallville continuity.
    It's bringing Chloe into the DCU!

And it was pretty decent^^

:'3 Mmmh.. Allison Mack...
    (and I hate that show with a passion...only watched 3 episodes entirely)
    ImBatshitCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By ImBatshitCrazy

Either way, Alison Mack is hot.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By speedlgt

shes too hot to be in the comics! 

na really I dont see the need for her but I would like to see her in the comics in a else worlds story and then maybe brought in to the earth 1 universe. where she did all the stuff in the smallville story and knows clark but he doesnt know her cause it didnt happen on his earth. 

also did say she is HOT HOT HOT!  
    she is too much.
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#112  Edited By shawn87

cant stand chloe....

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#113  Edited By Thor's hammmer

i like her and would like to see her atleast mentioned
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#114  Edited By Mercy_
    @jakob187 said:
    " I agree with previous comments that point out how X-23, Harley Quinn, Renee Montoya, and many other characters start out in a separate medium from the comics then transition over.  Anything to add more depth and background it worthwhile to me, so long as it is done tastefully. "
    But those characters are kept essentially the same. Nothing about them is changed or retconned in order to fit them into the comic world. Which isn't what seems to be happening with Chloe. 
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#115  Edited By Bestostero

No.  No need to add another bland character to the mix.

yankeemanf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By yankeemanf

i think she is a great character and should be put in mainstream supes comix maybe as anotha love interest for clark as all smallville watchers kno she always had a thing for clark even now when she is with ollie

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By MKF30

Sure why not, I like Chloe...why not? There's tons of other dumb, lame characters far worse that have gotten attention all these years...including some heroes(Booster Gold, Blue Beetle) to name a few "alright" heroes off hand....Chloe is fine, I just hope they won't kill her off in Smallville because then you know she'll be offed in the comics eventually...

Casshern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Casshern

I like the actress, but I think it's to much of a problem squeezing her character into the comic book world.

TheJokerha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By TheJokerha

I love Allison Mack's portrayal of Chloe. She took what was often a badly written and thanksless role and turned her into someone endearing and formidable. Seriously, it was like the writers invented her to be kicked around and play second fiddle to the LL's of the show. To make Lana and Lois look better. But Allison had too much going on to be ignored. I think she pushed Chloe in directions the show's creators did not expect. And sometimes seemed to fight against. Like they were worried she's be more popular than the girls we were "supposed" to fall in love with.
    But it was Allison that made Chloe special. If the writers at DC want to bring Chloe into the comics, which I want to see happen, I think they need to acknowledge that. Take a look at the things about Allison that made Chloe work and so many people tune in to watch her. Not make her nothing but a jealous, competitive after thought. Or a push over or a shrew. Take a look at the things that made her so popular they wanted to bring her over in the first place. The drawings I've seen of Chloe on this page don't even look like her.
    I don't object to her getting the Harley Quinn shuffle. I'm happy to hear it. But make her CHLOE and not just some blond with the recognizable popular name. That will just make people take a look and then drop it in disappointment. It would really be a waste..

moffattbooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#120  Edited By moffattbooks

I'm still a fan of Chloe on Smallville, as much fun as Lois is, Chloe interests me as the geek girl of the show.  Just hoping her final episodes on the show don't end badly

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Mercy_
    @moffattbooks said:
    " I'm still a fan of Chloe on Smallville, as much fun as Lois is, Chloe interests me as the geek girl of the show.  Just hoping her final episodes on the show don't end badly "
    I love them both but for different reasons entirely. I definitely agree on how her time on the show ends. 
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#122  Edited By Magian

I hope they won't kill her in the end. She is one of my favorite characters in the show.

Cap4Prez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Cap4Prez
    @Mtti said:
    " Bringing her into the comics allows for portential rich story that is if they don't treat it like a gimic.  If I would conceptualize how they would have introduced her "back" I would create a storyline of Superman getting flashbacks or hidden memories of someone he knew long ago, then he would go on a mission talking to old characters and villains which would culiminate on Chloes discovery and who "erased" her and why. That sounds more interesting than Jimmys' sidekick..  "
    She would have to be older though. Clark is probably in his idk 30s maybe and Chloe is probably the same age range as Jimmy. If I were forced into writing Chloe as being 5 or 10 years apart from Clark and wanted to put her into Clark's history, I would go no further than his college years say his early 20s. That could put Chloe knowing Clark at any time between her early to late teens. I don't know if Chloe is any relation to Lois in the comics but if not then Chloe could be the younger sister of a college buddy of Clark's, although it sounds like a complicated story. The other option would have been to have her be in Clark's age range but I don't write fanfiction, so I'll leave it to the professionals.
    emrysgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By emrysgood

The character has much potential and has a strong possibility of influencing the mainstream continuity like no other before her. For example the writers have so far established her as semi successful with her online column. That is a plot point in and of its self. Like with the Chloe Chronicles she could have many adventures that involve her investigating stories that lead to her trying to solve mysteries that eventually gets her into trouble that she haas to get out of on her own as Superman is to busy always saving Lois or jimmy to notice an at that point nobody reporter. If not that than have her like her original always looking into the strange and unexplained happenings that no one seems to be doing anything about and that has her falling into a conspiracy that I don’t know leads her into discovering that Kryptonite has mutagenic affects on the human form.  This could help to also bring into the mainstream that story device as well and could explain her developing the abilities and trials that could potentially lead her to being connected to the creation of either a humanoid doomsday or the secret link that lead to the successful destruction of Brainiac forever. I might be making her out to be more important than some of you want her to be, but I’m just throwing out random guesses that could spark someone else to do the same. With as many people who say that she shouldn’t be in the comics I figured that more could be throwing productive ideas out there so that with enough people interested we might see a more fleshed out version of this character than just this one shot. If you don’t like what I wrote than write something yourself and stop complaining. The only way your whining will change anything is if you wrote the people themselves and asked them what they have planned for the future of this character. They might not tell you, but at least you asked right?

sladewilson30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#125  Edited By sladewilson30

did you know that allison was originally up for a part in scream 4, but hayden panatierre got the role

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Mercy_

Allison > Hayden

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By COBRAMORPH

Chloe should replace Barbara Gordon as Oracle, as thats the role she's played in Smallville the last few seasons any. They might as well even add that Jimmy Olsen has an older brother that died back in their smallville days. Just have a few minor edits & changes, maybe not have Doomsday be the one that killed Jim-bro, & whatever else from the show that doesnt fit in with comic continuity. Also, drop the cousin BS with Lois. That always sucked.

But if she isnt 95% the same as the show version, dont even bother.

The Dark Huntress

said: " Allison > Hayden " 

Everyone is better than H-P. Honestly, she ruined Heros for me. She was ok in V1, pointless in V2, & I stopped watching in V3. Claire = Lana =  Evangeline Lilly. All three characters overstayed their welcome, because the exects kept the "actressess" because stupid males thought they were hot.

I will say I hated Chloe until she saw Clark catch the car, & knew his secret. Then she did a complete 180 to me & she became a decent almost awesome sidekick. Although, I do think she as well as Lois is what hurt Lana as a character. Well, that & Kristen sucks. But since everyone knew Lana was doomed as a love interest, especially when Lois was brought in, & Chloe knowing Clark's secrets, there was nothing left for Lana Lang to do. So she because a witch for a season, a raving lunitic the next, Lex's whore the next, & finally smart enough to leave.

Or maybe keep her out of the main comics, & just have her in that new Superman Earth-1 comic. But the best thing would be to continue Smallville as one of the 52 earths, maybe #23 since WB & CW both have W in their name, & W is the 23rd letter.
    johnnie619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#128  Edited By johnnie619

dont bother me none. she is one of the most liked among smallville fans and a good character why not

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By TheCrowbar

I love her, I love her like I love Supergirl. Flame broiled and kyrptonite irriated.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.