Follow

Chloe Sullivan

Character » Chloe Sullivan appears in 111 issues.

Chloe Sullivan is the best friend of Superman, cousin of Lois Lane and a member of the Watchtower Network, the predecessor of the JLA. She was the long time girlfriend of Jimmy Olsen, but after his death Chloe married Oliver Queen. She worked as a journalist for the Daily Planet but was fired by Lex Luthor. She first appeard in the TV series "Smallville", but was adapted into the mainstream comic books a few years later.

First Look at Smallville's Chloe Sullivan's Comic Book Debut

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey
    "[Chloe] and Jimmy have a previous relationship"
    As I have posted before, Allison Mack won't get a lot of screen time on the final season of Smallville but that won't be Chloe Sullivan's last appearance. Fans of the character will get the chance to continue to see her on first comic book appearance in Action Comics #893 (on sale September 29) on the back up story alongside Jimmy Olsen
    Writer Nick Spencer talked with TV Guide about this and he describes Chloe:

"She's a very successful and dedicated reporter and a major player in Metropolis"

Since she has never appeared in the DCU before, her story will differ that from that in the Smallville TV show, so her history has some tweaks, as Spencer explains:

"It's a pretty different continuity, which I think has always been the challenging part of bringing Chloe into the DC Comics Universe. She's never existed in the comics before, so in order to make a part of Clark's life when he was a teenager in Smallville, you'd have to do it somewhat retroactively, and it would age Chloe as a character a lot, since Superman is well past that part of his life in the books."

We can be sure though that "she's the same dogged, funny and principled girl we've all come to love", as Spencer explained. We will also see a somewhat homage to Olsen's appearance on the TV series because: 

"She and Jimmy have a previous relationship and that causes him to embark on a huge adventure that takes him across space and alternate realities to prove something to himself and her." 

The story sounds awesome, and with all this info we also get a first look at her in her comic book form: 
    No Caption Provided
    Will you continue to follow Chloe after her curtain closes on the Smallville's TV show? 

Source: TV Guide 
    -- Geo (sora_thekey), long time user, blogger, wiki editor of the Whiskey Media Sites, and an all time geek!  
    TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TheMess1428

This has got to be the most awesome news I have ever got from the world of Superman.

speedarrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By speedarrow

I love Chloe, but I couldn't stand Smallville, so I dropped it. But she's pretty awesome, so I guess it'll be interesting to see how she works in comics.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sora_thekey
    @TheMess1428 said:
    " This has got to be the most awesome news I have ever got from the world of Superman. "
    Yeah! I am actually going to buy #893 just for the backup! and since the backup is going to continue I am going to buy all the following books after that just for Chloe! 

@speedarrow said:
    " I love Chloe, but I couldn't stand Smallville, so I dropped it. But she's pretty awesome, so I guess it'll be interesting to see how she works in comics. "
    I always thought Chloe was the best part of Smallville!
    TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By TheMess1428
    @sora_thekey: Let me read it after you do! lol I love Smallville.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sora_thekey
    @TheMess1428: Will do!
    speedarrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By speedarrow
    @sora_thekey said:
    " @TheMess1428 said:
    " This has got to be the most awesome news I have ever got from the world of Superman. "
    Yeah! I am actually going to buy #893 just for the backup! and since the backup is going to continue I am going to buy all the following books after that just for Chloe! 

@speedarrow said:
    " I love Chloe, but I couldn't stand Smallville, so I dropped it. But she's pretty awesome, so I guess it'll be interesting to see how she works in comics. "
    I always thought Chloe was the best part of Smallville! "
    Me too, definitely, she was the best part of Smallville, no doubt. Then the annoyances kept coming (this was long before the 'beginnings' of the JLA, or the show's version of it), so I dropped it entirely. I still kept up to date with Chloe's storyline, but I didn't watch the series anymore.
    Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I am kind of upset of what she looks like. But we will have to see if her personality is the same. Then we will really see if this is our Chloe. 

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sora_thekey
    @haydenclaireheroes: Yeah I'm more of a long hair fan... but as long as it's Chloe I will read it!
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Kairan1979

I was waiting for Action Comics #893, because I knew Chloe Sullivan is going to be in it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.