Follow

Cell

Character » Cell appears in 190 issues.

Cell is the main villain of the Android's Saga in Dragon Ball. An artificial being created by Dr. Gero, Cell's objective is to become the perfect-ultimate fighter and obliterate all life in the Universe.

Cell, The Solar System Buster?

• 89 results
    Conspiralcy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Conspiralcy

This is a controversial scan of Cell claiming he had the power to destroy the solar system. I think it's nonsense and nothing more than a character quote.

How do you feel about this?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
    Where is the scan ?
    Conspiralcy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Conspiralcy
    King Saturn said:
    "Where is the scan ?
    "
    Hold on, I'll get it. I haven't scanned it in a while because I've had it on my computer, then I deleted it.

Be back in 5 with it.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
    Conspiralcy said:
    "King Saturn said:
    "Where is the scan ?
    "
    Hold on, I'll get it. I haven't scanned it in a while because I've had it on my computer, then I deleted it.

Be back in 5 with it."
    Okay
    Conspiralcy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Conspiralcy
    King Saturn said:
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "King Saturn said:
    "Where is the scan ?
    "

Be back in 5 with it."
    Okay"
    I've lost the book, so I will have to ge ta scan off of the online manga reader.
    Conspiralcy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Conspiralcy
    caption
    caption
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By Erik

Well Frieza was able to destroy a planet in his first form with complete ease and his fourth form is a joke by Cell games. Cell's statement is not unbelievable.

Conspiralcy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Conspiralcy
    erik said:
    "Well Frieza was able to destroy a planet in his first form with complete ease and his fourth form is a joke by Cell games. Cell's statement is not unbelievable."
    I'm sure Frieza hit the core of the planet when he did. 
    This is Frieza destroying planet vegeta in the Bardock movie. It shows the blast hitting the center of the planet while trails of energy spread outward from it.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
    Nothing really amazes me about these DBZ Characters... they have shown to have Massive Energy Manipulation attacks that can level massive amounts of area
    Conspiralcy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Conspiralcy
    King Saturn said:
    "Nothing really amazes me about these DBZ Characters... they have shown to have Massive Energy Manipulation attacks that can level massive amounts of area
    "
    It's been proven that Frieza cannot destroy a planet in any other way. Hitting the core is perhaps the only way he could.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King_Saturn
    Conspiralcy said:
    "King Saturn said:
    "Nothing really amazes me about these DBZ Characters... they have shown to have Massive Energy Manipulation attacks that can level massive amounts of area
    "
    It's been proven that Frieza cannot destroy a planet in any other way. Hitting the core is perhaps the only way he could."
    Maybe... but you cant say that if Frieza would have used that blast to just attack the planet instead of its core... it wouldnt level a large amount of area
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Erik
    Conspiralcy said:
    "erik said:
    "Well Frieza was able to destroy a planet in his first form with complete ease and his fourth form is a joke by Cell games. Cell's statement is not unbelievable."
    This is Frieza destroying planet vegeta in the Bardock movie. It shows the blast hitting the center of the planet while trails of energy spread outward from it.
    I fail to see how this means anything other than proving my point. His "blast" power is the gathering of his chi. Because it hit the core of the planet to destroy it means nothing. It still destroyed the planet and he did it without breaking a sweat. Cell wouldn't even notice Frieza's presence in a fight he is so weak. What is your point?
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Erik
    Conspiralcy said:
    "King Saturn said:
    "
    It's been proven that Frieza cannot destroy a planet in any other way. Hitting the core is perhaps the only way he could."

No it hasn't.
    oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By oldmagic

I really hate it when people get technical with these things. Just because Frieza needs to hit the core of the planet to destroy it, (which is highly unlikely because so far, he only did that to test Goku's will) but, other dbz characters could do this easily. Also, you are questioning Cell and his power, thus, questioning Akira because that would mean you would know more about the characters and there abilities then Akira does. And this is a complete canon since Akira was the one who created this art. 

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Erik
    oldmagic said:
    "I really hate it when people get technical with these things. Just because Frieza needs to hit the core of the planet to destroy it, (which is highly unlikely because so far, he only did that to test Goku's will) but, other dbz characters could do this easily. Also, you are questioning Cell and his power, thus, questioning Akira because that would mean you would know more about the characters and there abilities then Akira does. And this is a complete canon since Akira was the one who created this art. "

Agreed.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Erik

I don't even think this should be in off-topic forums. I think this should be in the DBZ forum.

oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By oldmagic

Cell says he has gathered enough power to destroy a solar system....doesn't that mean he can still gather more Ki? Doesn't it mean he hasn't reached a limit yet?

oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By oldmagic

Cell says he has gathered enough power to destroy a solar system....doesn't that mean he can still gather more Ki? Doesn't it mean he hasn't reached a limit yet?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Erik

I guess it is possible. He never said that he gathered all he can.

oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By oldmagic

he says "gathered enough Ki" 

that should mean he can gather much more. and Ki is an essential part of all organisms within dbz. no more Ki equals death. 
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Erik

Yep.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Erik

How much more he could gather is the question.

Conspiralcy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Conspiralcy
    oldmagic said:
    "I really hate it when people get technical with these things. Just because Frieza needs to hit the core of the planet to destroy it, (which is highly unlikely because so far, he only did that to test Goku's will) but, other dbz characters could do this easily. Also, you are questioning Cell and his power, thus, questioning Akira because that would mean you would know more about the characters and there abilities then Akira does. And this is a complete canon since Akira was the one who created this art. "
    The only thing I am questioning how people can automatically place Cell as a solar system buster, in terms of power. 
    A complete canon? This is the Bardock special, I don't know what you are getting at.

I don't know how you think I'm questioning Akira, I am simply saying Cell hasn't really proven to have this self-proclaimed power.
    erik said:
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "erik said:
    I fail to see how this means anything other than proving my point. His "blast" power is the gathering of his chi. Because it hit the core of the planet to destroy it means nothing. It still destroyed the planet and he did it without breaking a sweat. Cell wouldn't even notice Frieza's presence in a fight he is so weak. What is your point?"
    The reason why the planet exploded was because it hit the core of the planet and exploded.  Cell's blast would have to cover the entire solar system to destroy it. It hasn't been shown anywhere in DBz, that anyone could pull off such a feat, even in the later episodes of the series, where they are supposed to be stronger and capable of destroying more.
    oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By oldmagic
    erik said:
    "How much more he could gather is the question."
    .....i shudder to think how much Super Buu or Kid Buu could gather. Wait a minute.......hmm. nvm. 
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Erik
    Conspiralcy said:
    "oldmagic said:
    The only thing I am questioning how people can automatically place Cell as a solar system buster, in terms of power. 
    A complete canon? This is the Bardock special, I don't know what you are getting at.

I don't know how you think I'm questioning Akira, I am simply saying Cell hasn't really proven to have this self-proclaimed power.
    erik said:
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "erik said:
    I fail to see how this means anything other than proving my point. His "blast" power is the gathering of his chi. Because it hit the core of the planet to destroy it means nothing. It still destroyed the planet and he did it without breaking a sweat. Cell wouldn't even notice Frieza's presence in a fight he is so weak. What is your point?"
    The reason why the planet exploded was because it hit the core of the planet and exploded.  Cell's blast would have to cover the entire solar system to destroy it. It hasn't been shown anywhere in DBz, that anyone could pull off such a feat, even in the later episodes of the series, where they are supposed to be stronger and capable of destroying more.
    "

This isn't hard to imagine. I don't know where you are getting lost. Frieza could do it without even trying. Cell would think of Frieza as an insect, nothing more. Using your own logic, if Cell used his kamehameha and hit every planet's core in the solar system with one shot, it's done. He doesn't even need to cover the solar system.

What you are saying is that because nobody has shown the ability to generate a chi blast as large as a planet, that it could not destroy one much less a solar system. That is extremely flawed logic.
    Conspiralcy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Conspiralcy
    erik said:
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "oldmagic said:

erik said:
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "erik said:
    "

This isn't hard to imagine. I don't know where you are getting lost. Frieza could do it without even trying. Cell would think of Frieza as an insect, nothing more. Using your own logic, if Cell used his kamehameha and hit every planet's core in the solar system with one shot, it's done. He doesn't even need to cover the solar system.

What you are saying is that because nobody has shown the ability to generate a chi blast as large as a planet, that it could not destroy one much less a solar system. That is extremely flawed logic."
    My Logic is simply that I've only seen Frieza hit the cores of planets and making them explode. I'm saying Cell's kamehameha would have to cover the Sun and every planet in the Solar system, which isn't very believable.
    What I am saying? Because you obviously know what I am saying more than I do myself. What I am saying is that people in DBZ haven't shown to have the power to destroy things on that scale.
    oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By oldmagic
    Conspiralcy said:
    "oldmagic said:

This isn't a comic where everything has to be proven as a feat. In one comic, superman said the one who is afraid of that has the power to stop him is Martian Man hunter J'ohn. He says such a thing, but could it be true? possibly. This is a dbz character where allot of things are proven without actual feats. And when i say canon, i mean, this isn't a movie where it's not non-canon. It's a canon because it was created by Akira. And in this particular art scan, it says that Cell has the power to destroy a solar system, which Akira wrote himself. You are basically questioning Akira who made the story and the art, especially this particular one. 

erik said: 
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "erik said:
    "
    Oh wow...i'm not even going to debate with this one. Just because Freiza destroyed a planet by hitting the core of the planet, doesn't mean others have to as well. Also, Right after Frieza did this, he said, i give you five minutes to defeat me and then escape. This is a test of will and discipline. Frieza knew Goku can't breath in space so he wanted him to be scared. Listen, i'm not going to bother arguing with this because you are too ignorant. 
    Conspiralcy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Conspiralcy
    oldmagic said:
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "oldmagic said:

This isn't a comic where everything has to be proven as a feat. In one comic, superman said the one who is afraid of that has the power to stop him is Martian Man hunter J'ohn. He says such a thing, but could it be true? possibly. This is a dbz character where allot of things are proven without actual feats. And when i say canon, i mean, this isn't a movie where it's not non-canon. It's a canon because it was created by Akira. And in this particular art scan, it says that Cell has the power to destroy a solar system, which Akira wrote himself. You are basically questioning Akira who made the story and the art, especially this particular one. 

erik said: 
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "erik said:
    "
    Oh wow...i'm not even going to debate with this one. Just because Freiza destroyed a planet by hitting the core of the planet, doesn't mean others have to as well. Also, Right after Frieza did this, he said, i give you five minutes to defeat me and then escape. This is a test of will and discipline. Frieza knew Goku can't breath in space so he wanted him to be scared. Listen, i'm not going to bother arguing with this because you are too ignorant. "
    I'm not being ignorant, I'm saying I haven't seen anyone in DBZ pull of a feat such as destroying an entire solar system in one single blast.
    oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By oldmagic
    Conspiralcy said:
    "erik said:
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "oldmagic said:

erik said:
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "erik said:
    "

What you are saying is that because nobody has shown the ability to generate a chi blast as large as a planet, that it could not destroy one much less a solar system. That is extremely flawed logic."
    My Logic is simply that I've only seen Frieza hit the cores of planets and making them explode. I'm saying Cell's kamehameha would have to cover the Sun and every planet in the Solar system, which isn't very believable.
    What I am saying? Because you obviously know what I am saying more than I do myself. What I am saying is that people in DBZ haven't shown to have the power to destroy things on that scale.
    "
    dude, i don't know what you are saying. It doesn't make much of a sense. Why would he need to destroy a sun to destroy the solar system? there energy balls are like bombs that they could go off with there own will. Kamahamaha is controlled technique with the power to destroy a solor system. So, just imagine where he made it explode with an energy ball being empowered with enough Ki energy to destroy a solar system. 
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Erik
    Conspiralcy said:
    "erik said:
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "oldmagic said:

erik said:
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "erik said:
    "

"
    I don't know what you are saying because your statements make no sense. If you can't come to the right conclusions by reading the manga then there is no helping you. It would not need to cover the entire solar system. You are either dumb or a child.
    oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By oldmagic
    Conspiralcy said:
    "oldmagic said:
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "oldmagic said:

erik said: 
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "erik said:
    "
    Oh wow...i'm not even going to debate with this one. Just because Freiza destroyed a planet by hitting the core of the planet, doesn't mean others have to as well. Also, Right after Frieza did this, he said, i give you five minutes to defeat me and then escape. This is a test of will and discipline. Frieza knew Goku can't breath in space so he wanted him to be scared. Listen, i'm not going to bother arguing with this because you are too ignorant. "
    I'm not being ignorant, I'm saying I haven't seen anyone in DBZ pull of a feat such as destroying an entire solar system in one single blast."
    this isn't an american comic where everything had to be spoon fed to the readers.....
    Conspiralcy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Conspiralcy
    oldmagic said:
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "erik said:
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "oldmagic said:

erik said:
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "erik said:
    "

"
    dude, i don't know what you are saying. It doesn't make much of a sense. Why would he need to destroy a sun to destroy the solar system? there energy balls are like bombs that they could go off with there own will. Kamahamaha is controlled technique with the power to destroy a solor system. So, just imagine where he made it explode with an energy ball being empowered with enough Ki energy to destroy a solar system. "
    Cell stated he had enough power to destroy a solar system. The sun being, a part of the solar system and all, would have to be covered by the blast, as well as the other planets in the solar system. 
    Again, it's not a fact that Cell has enough power to destroy a solar system. It's a character quote.

Conspiralcy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Conspiralcy
    oldmagic said:
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "oldmagic said:
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "oldmagic said:

erik said: 
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "erik said:
    "
    I'm not being ignorant, I'm saying I haven't seen anyone in DBZ pull of a feat such as destroying an entire solar system in one single blast."
    this isn't an american comic where everything had to be spoon fed to the readers....."
    That was a stupid comment. You don't have to be handfed this. If I haven't seen anything close to this, saying that he could would just be an assumption.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Erik

He is saying you are retarded because you can't put two and two together. Frieza didn't cover the planet when he destroyed it.

Conspiralcy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Conspiralcy
    erik said:
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "erik said:
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "oldmagic said:

erik said:
    "Conspiralcy said:
    "erik said:
    "

"
    I don't know what you are saying because your statements make no sense. If you can't come to the right conclusions by reading the manga then there is no helping you. It would not need to cover the entire solar system. You are either dumb or a child."
    Wasn't he stating that his kamehameha would destroy the entire Solar System?
    No need to namecall, I just need clarification.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Erik

We gave clarification. You just wont listen to it.

Conspiralcy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Conspiralcy
    erik said:
    "He is saying you are retarded because you can't put two and two together. Frieza didn't cover the planet when he destroyed it."
    Ok you are no help to me. You name call even when I ask for help. 
    Someone explain this to me. DBZ is lost to me.
    Conspiralcy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Conspiralcy
    erik said:
    "We gave clarification. You just wont listen to it."
    um, no. I've read your comments. They didn't clarify anything.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Erik

Um, yes. We explained it away many times. You just can't wrap your huge brain around the concept.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By NiteFly

Looks like some of you need to cool off.  Time for a time-out.

Conspiralcy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Conspiralcy
    erik said:
    "Um, yes. We explained it away many times. You just can't wrap your huge brain around the concept."
    "there energy balls are like bombs that they could go off with there own will. Kamahamaha is controlled technique with the power to destroy a solor system. So, just imagine where he made it explode with an energy ball being empowered with enough Ki energy to destroy a solar system. "

This is the only thing that actually helped. Except for the bolded part,
    oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By oldmagic

THANK YOU NITEFLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, okay Conspiraicy, let me carefully explain why i am saying that American comics and Japanese comics are different. Japanese comics only have one author and one artist. They have there own story and they finish there own story. American comics have multitude of authors for the same characters as well as multitude ways of dealing with how said characters deal with those problems. Because each authors uses the characters deal with problems differently, thus comes the bad writing on few occations. Also, another difference between American comics and japanese one is that while American is a complete nazi when it comes to covering all aspects of powers for each individual from top to bottom, japanese authors don't care for powers, rather the story it self. There are many mangas out there with barely explained info when a character uses his power. And you, Conspiraicy, is comparing, or thinking dbz manga as a type of american comic where everything should be explained down to the littlest of detail. That is where you made the mistake. 
    Let me explain in a bit more where you might understand a little more. What i am about to show you is a couple of scans done in another manga. This is my favorite manga of all time because of the incredible story, the incredible art (this is one of those rare mangas where true art appears, where the author actually studied illustration and other such courses) An incredible villein that could kill Hulk, Dr. Strange and many other powerful character with just a look. And the funny thing is, they barely explained anything about his powers. AT ALL!!!! So i barely know any of his powers except the Villein is a demon, a master of magic user on such a level he could raise an entire army and enforce his will on to them and could destroy anything with just a mare glance. 

Here is a little example.....And it was barely explained how his powers work, just that they could and would. And trust me very much when i say i tried to understand his powers as best as i can but it was futile. Weather this is reality warping? Power of combustion? Magic on a whole new level? who knows. But what i do know is that this is a manga where they do not care for explained powers much compared to DC or Marvel.

This isn't about trying to get technical or anything like that. With these scans i showed today, it's pretty obvious allot of people would be showed to find that he can defeat strong characters with little trouble....But thats where the problem comes. We don't know how his powers  work, thus, we cannot come to a conclusion weather he could beat someone like Scarlet Witch or Silver Surfer or even Superman. Can we make the assumption that This Villein could make Superman explode with just a look? possibly. 

caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption

caption
    caption

caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Erik

Wow! oldmagic, you rock! Great explanation.

oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By oldmagic
    erik said:
    "Wow! oldmagic, you rock! Great explanation."
    Thank you :)
    oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By oldmagic

Sorry i missed a scan. This one is the guy exploding. 

This is right after
    This is right after "Perish"

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#46  Edited By The_Martian

How would Cell know how much power it took to destroy a Solar System?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Erik

They can sense the chi of everything around them.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Martian
    erik said:
    "They can sense the chi of everything around them."
    Not everything gives of chi only living things and he would have to compensate the distance from each planet, ect..
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The_Martian

I find the most likely thing was Cell was either talking out his a$$ or he figured he had gained enough power to blow up the star, which would in turn destroy the solar system.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Erik

The Earth gives off chi. Chi is in everything. It's in the stars the planets, everything. There is chi in a desert wasteland and in a lush forest. The amount would vary. Still, it is in all things.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.