Follow

Catwoman

Character » Catwoman appears in 3421 issues.

Catwoman is a fictional character originating from DC Comics. Under the costumed alias of Catwoman, Selina Kyle, is a cat burglar with an on-again, off-again, romantic relationship with Batman. She is shown as a woman who is very strong-willed, independent and morally dubious.

Latex, smokey eyes and red lips

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Edited By RazzaTazz

I have never dressed in latex.   I probably never will.   There is just so much wrong with it.   The material is not at all comfortable, it has a somewhat sexualized appearance and it just looks in bad taste.   I still find it interesting that one of Catwoman’s iconic looks comes from the movie Batman Returns where she is wearing a latex suit.   I don’t know how she wore that thing without getting big puddles of sweat trapped under the suit all over her body.   The look was so popular that Halle Berry’s Catwoman also wore a very similar type of costume.    

No Caption Provided

When looking just at that movie it is kind of a strange reaction.   Both the villains were completely redesigned.   Danny Devito monster-like Penguin didn’t last long in people’s minds, yet Selina seems to be forever stuck with the appearance the movie imposed on her.   

No Caption Provided

Something else which is interesting about her look is how over the top it was (this holds true for Halle Berry as well.)   Basically if you are going to wear heavy eye makeup, you generally want to avoid wearing heavy lip makeup and vice versa or your face looks like it is competing with itself.   

No Caption Provided

The various visions of Catwoman in the movies used heavy eye makeup in addition to the latex.   I realize that the producers and Tim Burton’s maniacal form of film making lend themselves to over the top characters, as do comics in general, but what seems to be lacking from a fashion perspective is that an overwhelming amount of femininity doesn’t make you look very feminine, in fact it usually has the opposite effect.   A few weeks ago in real life, Kate Moss was seen out wearing a full length latex dress.   If you look at the picture below though her makeup is pretty subtle, but she still got called out for wearing overly sexual attire.   What if she had gone with heavy eyes and in-your-face red lips.   

No Caption Provided

If it were true that the more makeup and more outrageous costumes that you wore made you more beautiful, then drag queens should be considered the highest level of female beauty.   Of course they’re not, when others exemplify this much better.   I am hoping the Anne Hathaway movie character gets toned down substantially.   She has the acting chops for the role – but I for one am hoping the role has what it takes to be filled out with a serious character not a sexual fantasy.  

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SC  Moderator

She had a fan machine hooked up on her shoulders (movie Catwoman)  

I feel your barbed attack against Lady Gaga and his fellow drag queens unnecessary and below the belt though. Uncharacteristically mean of you as well**  

I think if you are still planning on entering the WWE you may have to reconsider your decision to not wear spandex.. it doesn't have to be OTT, or shiny black? Purple and orange could work, and be as wholesome as it would be garish and prone to blinding people!  

Or in other words, I pretty much agree with everything you said concerning Anne and the upcoming movie, but my post would be pretty small other wise if I wasn't sarcastic or making **old and cliche Lady Gaga jokes... 

thehummingbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By thehummingbird

hmmm...I agree for the most part...I think to much eye makeup with red lipstick is bad, however, if you learn to avoid a lot of eye-shadow and only do the liner on the top is can look pretty good and I think this look would suite Catwoman quite well. I really hope they go with the Catwoman outfit from Batman Hush. They need to go for sex-appeal from real beauty rather than to much makeup and kinky outfits.....=_= That is my biggest problem with every catwoman in every movie so far...Guess I agree and do not have much to add XD

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#3  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

She cant be both?lol
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @SC said:
    " She had a fan machine hooked up on her shoulders (movie Catwoman)   I feel your barbed attack against Lady Gaga and his yellow drag queens unnecessary and below the belt though. Uncharacteristically mean of you as well**   I think if you are still planning on entering the WWE you may have to reconsider your decision to not wear spandex.. it doesn't have to be OTT, or shiny black? Purple and orange could work, and be as wholesome as it would be garish and prone to blinding people!   Or in other words, I pretty much agree with everything you said concerning Anne and the upcoming movie, but my post would be pretty small other wise if I wasn't sarcastic or making **old and cliche Lady Gaga jokes...  "
    What jokes? I don't see it.
    TheSheepHerder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By TheSheepHerder

"I am hoping the Anne Hathaway movie character gets toned down substantially.   She has the acting chops for the role – but I for one am hoping the role has what it takes to be filled out with a serious character not a sexual fantasy."

This. Hopefully Hathaway won't be another 'sexy' Catwoman, which is why I never really liked Pfeiffer's portrayal of the character. I have doubts about her as Catwoman, though Selina Kyle I think she's able to pull it off.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.