Follow

Catwoman

Character » Catwoman appears in 3420 issues.

Catwoman is a fictional character originating from DC Comics. Under the costumed alias of Catwoman, Selina Kyle, is a cat burglar with an on-again, off-again, romantic relationship with Batman. She is shown as a woman who is very strong-willed, independent and morally dubious.

Catwoman in Batman Inc #1

Avatar image for chipsnopotatoes
    chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chipsnopotatoes
    Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Amegashita

Dr. Sivana, huh?  So, when is my Marvel Family coming back then, huh Grant?  Don't use their villains if you're not gonna bring back the characters!!

Also, she'll get Talia-ized.

chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By chipsnopotatoes
    @Amegashita: 
    Yeah, I'm kind of apprehensive about that. At least Yannick draws her well.
    Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Amegashita
    @chipsnopotatoes:  Lol, for simple consolations.
    chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By chipsnopotatoes
    @Amegashita:  yeah. unfortunately, it's not like I have any control over it. unless DC has a printing malfunction or something. maybe that's why they have all these delays in that bat books.

By the way, i read somewhere he's writing the Marvel family as part of Multiversity. Not sure when that's out. Are you sure you want that? they may get Talia-ized. Lol.
    Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Amegashita
    @chipsnopotatoes:  You tell me.  Grant Morrison did THIS to my Mary Marvel.

I don't want him anywhere near my Marvel Family.  He has no love for the characters.  Secondly, DC is angering me by making Grant this untouchable god of a writer when he isn't.  Keep him away from my favorite characters, Grant.  Stay away from Mary Marvel, Billy Batson, Oliver Queen, and Tim Drake.  Give other characters the back hand, not those four.
    chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By chipsnopotatoes

yikes. dc really loves pissing off their fans, don't they?  is she back to normal now?

Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Amegashita
    @chipsnopotatoes:  By normal you mean, powerless?  Yeah, she's that.  So is Billy.  Not only that, but they made Billy a villain!!!  WHAT@!@!@!  BLACK BILLY!!  WTH IS THAT?!!!@@  

Words can't express my anger.  Also, now the entire Marvel family is in comic limbo like some C-List superhero family.  What utter disrespect!1!  So I have to suffice with Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam!  Which, is cool, but it's not mainstream continuity... and the art is too childish for my tastes.
    chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By chipsnopotatoes

Hey, tell me about it. Catwoman's in the same boat. For a character that's had two successful long running series (even though she's a female character), and is a mainstream female icon, DC treats her like shit and has continuously degraded the character. I've stopped buying the book where she's supposed to be starring in because she's nothing but glorified wallpaper. You should see the complaints on the Catwoman board in the DC Forum. I'm sure it's pretty similar to the Captain Marvel forum over there. 

I don't understand the point of shitting on characters with a fan base because isn't the point getting the readers to buy more books? Are these editors not businessmen or do they not have any accountability for book killing decisions? For a company who's #2 in market share and who's stated that their objective is to be #1 (Didio and Lee said this last year), I just don't see how they'll achieve this by alienating their fans.

In my case, for every bad portrayal of Catwoman that I read or learn about (World's Finest #3, Widening Gyre, etc.), I buy a Marvel book or a number of Marvel books depending on how pissed off I get. That's how I discovered Black Widow and Marjorie Liu. I love her writing now and will pick up X23 even if I don't know the character.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Amegashita said:
    "@chipsnopotatoes:  You tell me.  Grant Morrison did THIS to my Mary Marvel.

I don't want him anywhere near my Marvel Family.  He has no love for the characters.  Secondly, DC is angering me by making Grant this untouchable god of a writer when he isn't.  Keep him away from my favorite characters, Grant.  Stay away from Mary Marvel, Billy Batson, Oliver Queen, and Tim Drake.  Give other characters the back hand, not those four. "

Agreed I stop reading Batman when he got on after Judd winick left and he also totally ruined Jason Todd with the red hair thing.They need to have more respect for their characters and their fans and I also wish Batman fans good luck with this whole Batman Inc thing I think there should only be one Batman and thats Bruce Wayne
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Amegashita
    said:
    "@chipsnopotatoes:  You tell me.  Grant Morrison did THIS to my Mary Marvel.

I don't want him anywhere near my Marvel Family.  He has no love for the characters.  Secondly, DC is angering me by making Grant this untouchable god of a writer when he isn't.  Keep him away from my favorite characters, Grant.  Stay away from Mary Marvel, Billy Batson, Oliver Queen, and Tim Drake.  Give other characters the back hand, not those four. "
    He has a lot of love for the characters he writes actually , i mean his work is littered with references to other books.He is the best writer they have right now period. And whats with the double standards ,give other characters the back hand? and he did nothing to mary it was a story of how evil gods corrupt good people,the fact mary was being used by dessad(darkseids most closest servant alone says a lot and she also thrashed around black adam ,supergirl and wonder woman . grant recently wrote drake and had him play a huge part in bruces return,oliver queens misfortunes have nothing to do with morrison.
    @chipsnopotatoes:
    Time proved you wrong didnt it? and whats happening to talia was started by greg rucka and its a DC editorial decision to turn her in to a villian.
    @daredevil21134:  
    What morrison did with jason was nothing compared to what winick did with talia and completely ignored continuity in the process(but you admittedly enjoyed that) and as for winicks batman aside from the red hood what has he done anyway? i can think of long shadows and crow flies both of which were terrible,and jasons red hair actually had a deeper meaning which jason todd fanboys dont even know about .
    chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By chipsnopotatoes
    @entropy_aegis:  I must admit his Catwoman in Batman Inc #1 is better than I expected. Let's see what happens with #2 and the rest. 

As for Talia, yes, I've heard that "psycho-Talia" started with Rucka, but subsequent writers can choose to downplay it or take it up a notch. Morrison did the latter. To be honest, it doesn't bother me one bit since I'm really indifferent to the character.  However, I would hate it if he were to take Selina Kyle's more unsavory portrayals (and let's face it she has quite a few of those due to editorial dislike/missteps) and emphasize them in Batman Inc.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @chipsnopotatoes said:
    "@entropy_aegis:  I must admit his Catwoman in Batman Inc #1 is better than I expected. Let's see what happens with #2 and the rest.   As for Talia, yes, I've heard that "psycho-Talia" started with Rucka, but subsequent writers can choose to downplay it or take it up a notch. Morrison did the latter. To be honest, it doesn't bother me one bit since I'm really indifferent to the character.  However, I would hate it if he were to take Selina Kyle's more unsavory portrayals (and let's face it she has quite a few of those due to editorial dislike/missteps) and emphasize them in Batman Inc. "

Yeah i would hate it as well ,that slam bradely/prostitute angle always kinda irked  me. as for talia ,in morrisons defence i would like say that he did downplay those features from batman and son to R.I.P ITS only recently in batman and robin did he make her in to a psycho.and the timing seems very peculiar i mean winick has her sleep with jason and DC editorial is apparantely fine with it(even though its a huge plothole) and her recent manipulations of zatanna in sirens to alter selinas memories when just a year ago she helped selina in sirens 3 i think is making me believe there is something big talia related going on right now. i personally feel she will die at the end of batman INC (morrison has hinted a tragedy)
    chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By chipsnopotatoes
    @entropy_aegis:@entropy_aegis said:
    Yeah i would hate it as well ,that slam bradely/prostitute angle always kinda irked  me. 

Me too. They seem to be sweeping that under the rug, thankfully.

as for talia ,in morrisons defence i would like say that he did downplay those features from batman and son to R.I.P ITS only recently in batman and robin did he make her in to a psycho.and the timing seems very peculiar i mean winick has her sleep with jason and DC editorial is apparantely fine with it(even though its a huge plothole) and her recent manipulations of zatanna in sirens to alter selinas memories when just a year ago she helped selina in sirens 3 i think is making me believe there is something big talia related going on right now. i personally feel she will die at the end of batman INC (morrison has hinted a tragedy) "

Some say it's Selina who croaks, but I'm thinking she's far too iconic and valuable from a merchandising perspective for DC to kill her off. Unless they were going to reboot the character and start with a clean slate. With the multiple earths coming back, they could certainly import another Selina Kyle without all the baggage they've saddled this current one with.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @chipsnopotatoes:
    It wont be selina you can be rest assured ,though i would find it quite amusing if both selina and talia die. Yore a decent selina fan ,some idiot on Dc boards named catsmeow really turned me off the character,when i really think about it DC has turned off all of bruces love interests,though in selinas case it might change in INC. and your username is funny.
    chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By chipsnopotatoes

Thanks. I know Catsmeow from the DC boards. I actually have no beef with her since we pretty much agree on a lot of things about the character; however, it's a pity that she's turned you off on Catwoman. Let's hope Batman Inc changes your mind about Selina!

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @chipsnopotatoes said:

"Thanks. I know Catsmeow from the DC boards. I actually have no beef with her since we pretty much agree on a lot of things about the character; however, it's a pity that she's turned you off on Catwoman. Let's hope Batman Inc changes your mind about Selina! "

Its actually not just catsmeow (i normally just laugh at what she says and dont even post) talk about insecurity she's the ultimate example ,DC itself has done lots of damage since infinite crisis to both selina and talia ,personally i dont understand why he cant just settle with both since the rules of marriage where talia comes from are different as she said herself in son of the demon .and i dont worry much about the prostitute angle since i know thats typical miller story telling and nice chatting with you. though no way i'm implying that i support polygamy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.