Children's Crusade 8's SPOILER

• 64 results
#1 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1582 posts) - - Show Bio

So who else is bummed out that this happened?

No Caption Provided

I mean, out of all the Young Avengers, Stature was making her ways around the Marvel U. Why kill her off? :(

#2 Posted by karrob (4305 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn!

#3 Posted by zmanm407 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

They just brought back Scott...

Just to see her die :'(

#4 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio

The gimmick was dead after Cap, they are beyond driving it into the ground now.

#5 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1582 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: But unfortunately, Stature is C-List and doesn't have her own book. This death is going to stick most likely. :(

@zmanm407: I swear, if this is all because Fraction wanted this plot for Defenders...

#6 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca said:

@Vance Astro: But unfortunately, Stature is C-List and doesn't have her own book. This death is going to stick most likely. :(

The should have left Scott dead..if that's what they killed her for. I like Cassie better.We don't need an Ant-Man we have Pym.
#7 Posted by DEGRAAF (8422 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca: What other spoilers can you give us?

#8 Posted by punkpuppy3 (186 posts) - - Show Bio

DX

#9 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1582 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: We have THREE Ant-Men alive right now. And for some reason, they thought Stature deserved death. I freaking hate this move.

@DEGRAAF: Scarlet Witch is free of charges cause Dr. Doom made her go crazy. And Dr. Doom killed Stature.

#10 Edited by TheBlueAngel93 (21064 posts) - - Show Bio

O___O

What the heck!!! She was one of my favorite Young Avenger!!!!! They should have killed Speed, he was pointless...

Avatar image for yumyumbubblegum
#11 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (633 posts) - - Show Bio

So they traded a daughter for her father, both of whom have the exact same powers borrowed from Hank Pym's original arsenal......Scott Lang should never have come back to life, instead, I would have preferred Jacks.

#12 Posted by BatteredArmor (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

so.....How many more times are we going to see Marvel heroes crowded around the broken body of another hero

#13 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1582 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: Stature was the only YA I was hoping wouldn't die. Now? I have no reason to care for the team.

@yumyumbubblegum: Because Marvel thinks that a father with a dead Daughter is what people wanted to see! (Seriously, screw Marvel for pulling this move.)

@BlackArmor: She was the Avenger's "Niece".

#14 Posted by TheBlueAngel93 (21064 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca: I enjoyed the Statue/Iron Lad relationship...they could have had Vision sacrifice himself instead to save Statue seeing as Cap brought back the ORIGINAL Vision in the Avengers.... -__-

#15 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1582 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: Out of all the Young Avengers, besides maybe Wiccan, Stature had the most going for her. But now we got this shock kill. And for what? More Hawkeye being snarky and Patriot being angry?

Such a freaking waste of a character who was gaining momentum. Yeah, you're REALLY trying to make lasting female heroes, aren't you Marvel?

#16 Posted by MrUnknown (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

She may not be dead yet.

#17 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1582 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrUnknown: Issue 9 says there's a funeral.

#18 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:

O___O

What the heck!!! She was one of my favorite Young Avenger!!!!! They should have killed Speed, he was pointless...

They can't kill Speed.If anyone else on that team would have died it would have been Kate.
#19 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1582 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: To me, both Speed and Kate were kinda expendable. I mean, a mischievous speedster? When hasn't that been done? Also, Kate is just another snarky woman. See Ms. Marvel, Mockingbird sometimes, Spider-Woman...

#20 Posted by Powerzone789 (481 posts) - - Show Bio

i actually like scot's character and im glad they brought him back, he was always my favorite ant man, pym was always meant to be yellowjacket and the current ant man...its just odd. I would have preferred them killing off someone else (like kate) but im glad scott's back, hopefully it stays that way for awhile

#21 Posted by danhimself (21433 posts) - - Show Bio

who knows what's going to happen in the last issue though...she still might have a chance of surviving this

#22 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1582 posts) - - Show Bio

@Powerzone789: I'm just a little concerned that Scott would basically become a super depressing character. I mean, he became a hero for his daughter in the first place.

#23 Posted by Powerzone789 (481 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca: yeah that's true, i don't know why they killed cassi though i agree with you on that part, they should have killed off vision or kate, vision would make more sense, since the REAL vision is back. what are thry gonna call him now? young vision? gah, the very thought of it makes me cringe....

#24 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1582 posts) - - Show Bio

@Powerzone789: Maybe Vision is so grieved by Cassie's death, they wipe his memory and make him Vision I.

What gets to me is that Cassie had a lot going for her, and they just offed her for shock value.

#25 Posted by Steps (663 posts) - - Show Bio

bummer

#26 Posted by Daycrawler (556 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

who knows what's going to happen in the last issue though...she still might have a chance of surviving this

Exactly - there's still one issue left. My bet is that Cassie isn't dead and somehow her dad will sacrifice himself in order to bring Cassie back. Personally I'd kill off Hawkeye and Vision, given the existing senior counterparts. Or perhaps just Vision and Hawkeye gets a new name.

#27 Posted by TheBlueAngel93 (21064 posts) - - Show Bio

I could have made more sense for Vision to sacrifice himself to save Cass, considering he loves and with the love triangle between him, Cass, and Iron Lad, I could see Vision saving Cass and asking Iron Lad to take care of her for him.

#28 Edited by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally, good to see an Avenger getting maimed.

#29 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:

Where have you been for the last 5 years?
#30 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1582 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: Wasp? Ares? Sentry? Brother Voodoo? Ant-Man II? Jack of Hearts? Hawkeye twice?

You might want the current New Avengers or Avenger to be maimed, but this was kinda cruel.

@Daycrawler: @War Killer: The next issue says there's a funeral as well as showing a graveyard on the cover. Really slim chance for Cassie survival.

#31 Edited by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@John Valentine said:

Where have you been for the last 5 years?

Compared to what the New X-Men/Younger mutants go through the suffering of the YOUNG Avengers is pretty weak.

#32 Posted by the_stegman (40245 posts) - - Show Bio

*sigh* i was just starting to like YA and they go and pull a cheap a** stunt like this

#33 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1582 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: Well, it's not like YA comes out every month. They come out every 2 months.

#34 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca said:

@Vance Astro: To me, both Speed and Kate were kinda expendable. I mean, a mischievous speedster? When hasn't that been done? Also, Kate is just another snarky woman. See Ms. Marvel, Mockingbird sometimes, Spider-Woman...

I don't think Speed is expendable just because of how much was done to ensure that he and Wiccan would at some point exist in the Marvel Universe.
#35 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1582 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Well, true.

But just saying, out of the whole team? Wiccan, Stature, and Hulkling seem like the only ones who have any major impact with fans and storylines. There's 4 other members that don't really contribute that much.

Killing off Stature really bugs me because she could have been a great future female hero. And she went out in a tantrum.

Avatar image for therealjeangrey
#36 Posted by TheRealJeanGrey (133 posts) - - Show Bio

No not Stature.!!

#37 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca said:

@Vance Astro: Well, true.

But just saying, out of the whole team? Wiccan, Stature, and Hulkling seem like the only ones who have any major impact with fans and storylines. There's 4 other members that don't really contribute that much.

Killing off Stature really bugs me because she could have been a great future female hero. And she went out in a tantrum.

True and I agree about Stature.I was really looking forward to her growth.
#38 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1582 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: And she was really growing too! (Not a pun). Mighty Avengers, Initiative and just being able to get past her father's death, and now...dammit, I'm genuinely upset Marvel did this. She was up and coming. She was bouncing around a few books and was a regular in Mighty Avengers before Children's Crusade started. Then we had to wait 2 years and now she's dead? Compared to the other kids who appeared less often and some have very minimal development?

I mean, she was the only one of the characters that existed before Young Avengers started. She even was a hero in MC2, and...again, I this comes off as a really short sighted for the sake of shock value.

I mean, let's look at what would come out of this: A) We'll have three Ant-Men, B) Scott Lang will have long arcs about dealing with his daughter's death C) Young Avengers get depressed about this as they get their new lineup stressed next issue.

And it's not like Cassie was a forgettable member. She's usually the first one you notice in group shots because she towers over the rest. And now we're most likely going to get an ongoing without her?

GAR! Again, I really hate this. It's just insanely cheap.

#39 Posted by a0040pc (674 posts) - - Show Bio

It's possible that the way to save cassie is for Scott to sacrifice his life so that she can live. I think that's likely to happen because Scott would willingly die so that his daughter will live. When it said funeral for an aveneger they didn't say that it was a Young Avenger.

#40 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1582 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hysteria: But Stature IS an Avenger. She was on the Mighty Avengers lineup. And how will Scott sacrifice himself when she's lying dead there? Is there some life switcharoo?

And Time Travel won't work this time. How can you get Stature away from dying from Dr. Doom?

#41 Posted by Mutant God (3957 posts) - - Show Bio

still cant believe they killed her

#42 Posted by papad1992 (7025 posts) - - Show Bio

Now... we should place bets on how long it takes before she gets ressurected by a villain or shows up alive show how or an alternate version of her from the future comes through a portal or some bullsh!t story Marvel is gonna concoct just to please Stature fans when they really are going to piss us off even more!! I mean how can a previously dead father show up and fight alongside his daughter (which is a blessing of the once dead hero) only to see his daughter die before him and for him to live!!? How could he live?

#43 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1582 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

Now... we should place bets on how long it takes before she gets ressurected by a villain or shows up alive show how or an alternate version of her from the future comes through a portal or some bullsh!t story Marvel is gonna concoct just to please Stature fans when they really are going to piss us off even more!! I mean how can a previously dead father show up and fight alongside his daughter (which is a blessing of the once dead hero) only to see his daughter die before him and for him to live!!? How could he live?

What?

I'm more pissed that people are obsessing over the gay kiss than the character deaths! Stupid fangirls.

#44 Posted by papad1992 (7025 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca said:

@papad1992 said:

What?

I'm more pissed that people are obsessing over the gay kiss than the character deaths! Stupid fangirls.

True... Good story but horrible ending!!

#45 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1582 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Agreed. It was an extreme downer. But people are eating it up cause gay kissing. Why is that such a big deal when TWO CHARACTERS ARE DEAD?!

Stupid fangirls, objectifying gays.

#46 Posted by X35 (6465 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassie and Eric dying real pisses me off. Such a poor trade off for Scott. esp considering how much effort they put inot establishing Eric over the last few years. He was never not in a book.

And now Scott will not even be the character people liked and wanted to see back!! The fun nerd Ant-Man will be the depressing "my daughter died" Ant-Man. EURGH.

Why couldn't we have fun nerd Ant-Man and Cassie be heroes together, that would be too cute.

#47 Posted by papad1992 (7025 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca said:

@papad1992: Agreed. It was an extreme downer. But people are eating it up cause gay kissing. Why is that such a big deal when TWO CHARACTERS ARE DEAD?!

Stupid fangirls, objectifying gays.

If two characters had to die... I would choose, Hawkeye (Kate) and Speed, both pointless characters and both whose lives will be missed but not too traumatic!!

#48 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1582 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Personally, Cassie was the one I didn't want to die. She was my favorite Young Avenger.

Now? I don't care about the team. Screw them!

#49 Posted by papad1992 (7025 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca:

Cassie was the only interesting character from Young Avengers, Wiccan was alright, but that's it... Runaways is much better!!

#50 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1582 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Heh. It's always Runaways or Young Avengers.

Still, Runaways was extremely limited in what it could do because of such a specific theme and they'd have to try very hard to keep the team escaping/on the run.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.