Follow

Carol Danvers

Character » Carol Danvers appears in 4390 issues.

After encountering the Kree hero Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was accidentally subjected to otherworldly radiation that transformed her into a superhuman warrior. Calling herself Ms. Marvel, she established herself as one of the most powerful and prominent heroes and respected member of the Avengers. She has now adopted the mantle of Captain Marvel for herself.

Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7f2fa82769d
    deactivated-5c7f2fa82769d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Its great to see Carol Danvers finally become "the best of the best" by obtaining the role of Captain Marvel. However, I find that I enjoy her earlier adventures more than her Captain Marvel exploits. It may be because of the progress and struggle that she endured before becoming "captain", and plus I have more exposure to her older issues (though I plan to read more Captain Marvel soon). In this way, I've been sleeping on Carol's current role and haven't given it much credit. Do you see Carol Danvers in a stronger light as Captain Marvel or was she already in her prime as Ms. Marvel?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

C.D. fans, where y'all at?!

Themysciran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Themysciran

C.D. fans, where y'all at?!

Nowhere. People don't like her personality, they like the idea of her. The end.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Stahlflamme

From what I've seen new Ms. Marvel is better than Carol Danvers was for the entirety of the time I've been reading comics be she Ms. or Captain. Then again I've only read comics during the time, when a bunch of clueless writers tried to somehow make her a thing simply, because she was pretty much the only none X-men female Marvel had at the time... And we got them trying to tell us how she is such a STRONG WOMAN because she rather watches an alien suffocate then fight the thousand other aliens still attacking earth.

How about you take out the alien ships while you're up there? No? Okay, then go help the civilians dying right now!
    How about you take out the alien ships while you're up there? No? Okay, then go help the civilians dying right now!

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

She will always be Ms. Marvel. She is FAR better then the current Ms. Marvel.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themysciran: Well, I like her personality and "the idea of her" (the reason for posting this forum).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: Good point. However, she did go through a lot of unfortunate events (like finding out her boy-friend was supposedly dead and that a skrull was impersonating her, to name a few). I see it as her directing all that rage and frustration onto the invading skrulls.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@flawedanatomy95: Would it have hurt to direct it at the skrulls on the ground killing people?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mooty_Pass

I like Carol Danvers she is a cool character to me. I rather have her name be Ms. Marvel than Captain Marvel fits better to me.

N7Operative84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My vote goes toward Ms Marvel. She will always be Ms Marvel to me. I loved her Brian Reed run back in the mid 2000s. Not to mention, her Ms Marvel outfit is iconic and fits her perfectly.

Avatar image for silveragereader
    SilverAgeReader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like her as Captain Marvel. "Ms. Marvel" is just so 1970s era feminist. It would help if she weren't being written the way she is right now. The first year or two of her new book was great, except for when they were handing the art to what looked like illustrators of children's books. I like strong women, though I do agree that there has been some weird feminist validation woven into her story that doesn't suit the character well.

vascillator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She will always be Ms Marvel to me...an actual character and not whatever the heck she's supposed to be now. The whole Captain Marvel thing is one desperate (failing) PR gag of Marvel...

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She will always be Ms Marvel to me...an actual character and not whatever the heck she's supposed to be now. The whole Captain Marvel thing is one desperate (failing) PR gag of Marvel...

Captain Marvel could had been better served if Marvel had used Monica Rambeau (The first woman to hold the title Captain Marvel) instead of Carol.

No Caption Provided

Why didn't Marvel push Monica Rambeau as Captain Marvel

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is always Ms. Marvel to me. Plus, I want her back in her black (that shows off her glorious legs, ass and tits) or original (first showing) suit; I also desire her long, blonde hair back. I agree with above that Monica should be Captain Marvel. Furthermore, Kamala should have a new name altogether (she's a stupid character, anyway).

Rell127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flawedanatomy95: She had a better writer. Marvel hasn't given her a top notch writer. For instance Gail Simmone currently is writing Domino a mini series why isn't she writing Captain Marvel. Why isn't someone like al Edwing writing her since he's great with cosmic stories. There's other good writers but they never get them. I think she needs a badass cosmic story. I would like to see her build out a team a little more add 3 more members Noh-Varr, Darkhawk, bring back Phyla-Vell or even add an Eternal like Sersi on his team.

Avatar image for deactivated-634b09111d6cf
    deactivated-634b09111d6cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol will always be Ms. Marvel to me. She's been "Captain Marvel" for a while now and I'll never get used to it. She's had several titles of her own, even mini-series, and they all get cancelled. How many more need to be cancelled for Marvel Comics to finally realize that the character has no staying power?

ZhangThong12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously Ms. Marvel. And no, not simply because Ms. Marvel was a curvy sex goddess (which, as a heterosexual man, I can always appreciate), but because Carol Danvers was simply a much better character back then. Specifically, in the 90s comics, when she was struggling with alcoholism. That was a great character arc for her. It showed that she is a person first, superhero second, and she struggles with regular issues like anyone else.

Avatar image for deactivated-60b8b9a9dd778
    deactivated-60b8b9a9dd778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine said:

She will always be Ms. Marvel. She is FAR better then the current Ms. Marvel.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.