xkoenig's Captain Marvel #5 - Higher, Further, Faster, More. Part Five review

Avatar image for xkoenig

Now I get it!

I'll admit, when I read the start of this new series I felt a bit lost with the seemingly more political, personal storyline I saw building. I loved seeing Carol take off into space, but the plot seemed to get stuck on technical issues. But I think having read up to issue 5 now I see the whole picture, and it's actually come together perfectly. DeConnick has created exceptional, neat new characters, a clever, crafty, well put together plot and a strong showing of what Carol is about and what she can do. And what I love about the story now is that it makes me want to go back and re-read all the details that were planted in earlier issues to work it all out again. It's just top notch writing. Love it.