New 52 Captain Atom Respect Thread

  • 56 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for WarBlade539
#1 Posted by WarBlade539 (6217 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't find a respect thread for The New 52 Captain Atom and decided to make one. I know that most people don't like the Captain Atom series but, I think his new powers and abilities are amazing...Godlike.

Possibly saved a young woman from Drug Overdose
Possibly saved a young woman from Drug Overdose
Vaporized bullets in thin air
Vaporized bullets in thin air
Stopped a man from slipping and falling by matter-manipulation
Stopped a man from slipping and falling by matter-manipulation
Gave a woman sufficient strength to lift a rubble
Gave a woman sufficient strength to lift a rubble
Avatar image for walker696
#2 Posted by Walker696 (1014 posts) - - Show Bio

So he can just float around and do mostly anything he likes now.........hmmmmmm he's either about to be depowered or become a villain lol

Avatar image for borges
#3 Edited by borges (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Or be cancelled.  
 
Which is a shame I guess. 

Avatar image for darkknight96000
#4 Posted by darkknight96000 (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

That's cool. What else has he done?

Avatar image for starrk_coyote
#5 Posted by starrk_coyote (715 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnight96000 said:

That's cool. What else has he done?

keep this thread going please!! this hero need to be known MORE!

Avatar image for monsterstomp
#6 Posted by MonsterStomp (36748 posts) - - Show Bio

@starrk_coyote said:

@DarkKnight96000 said:

That's cool. What else has he done?

keep this thread going please!! this hero need to be known MORE!

This.

Avatar image for mr_ingenuity
#7 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (14696 posts) - - Show Bio

Take over, please. ◔_◔

Avatar image for killemall
#8 Edited by Killemall (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

Take over, please. ◔_◔

Sure :)

Lets go chronologically shall we that way its easier to keep track of his feats.

Captain Atom 0: The creation of Captain Atom and a short fight with the Army, which of course Captain Atom wins.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12Gallery image 13

Captain Atom 01: While fighting a Giant robot he realizes he has the ability to see thing all the down to their very atoms (microvision) and has the ability to transmutate it. That shows unbound molecule manipulation powers, because well everything is made up of atoms.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

In the same issue, he neutralizes a nuclear power plant from exploding, then goes into the core of a volcano to neutralize it, while he succeeds in neutralizing the volcano his body seem to be destroyed in the process (he reconstructs his body next issue the scans are just below under heading Captain Atom 02)

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8

Captain Atom 02: Reconstructs his entire body, after an apparent destruction, from water using molecule manipulation

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

In the same issue it is mentioned that his powers have no limit.

No Caption Provided

In the same issue he demonstrates size manipulation, he shrinks his size, enter's Mikey's head who is suffering from cancer and heals him.

Captain Atom 03 Captain Atom is so fast that everything else looks still to him, everything except Flash that is

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

In the same issue, Shows energy absorption, redirection and molecule manipulation in 1 instance by absorbing a nuke, redirecting the energy and transmutating the area around him

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10

Captain Atom 04:Fights the army, demonstrates durability, energy absorption and transmutation

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8

In the same issue, Ranita burns her hands just by touching him

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Captain Atom 05 Captain Atom contemplates various ways on how to help Ranita, one way is he can make himself huge , smash through the army and get to her. While this is not something that actually took place, i think the issue is trying to tell us that Captain Atom can not only make himself small (like he showed in Captain Atom 02) but can increase his size as well.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

In the same issues, being the good guy he is, chooses to take a subtle approach. He goes invisible/ intangible and phases through to Ranita's room. It seems he has every powers in the book.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Captain Atom 06: fights and kills a mouse who has mutated similar powers as Captain Atom

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12Gallery image 13

In the same issue he heals Ranita's hand

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Captain Atom 07 In this issue we get to look at an alternate version of Captain Atom, and we get to see the first contact of Captain Atom with alternate version.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

Captain Atom 08 Captain Atom's future self shows Captain Atom is capable of time manipulation. He is capable of accessing the time stream from which he can simply jump to any point in the history, past, present or future (how cool a power is that)

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11

Ranita, the lady whose hand he healed, now possesses superpowers because of Captain Atom's action. The implication is clear, Captain Atom is capable of giving people superpowers.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Captain Atom 09More demonstration of Ranita's powers and we get to see Captain Atom as a god and his eventual destiny to be Chrono Moto the destroyer of Worlds

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12Gallery image 13Gallery image 14Gallery image 15Gallery image 16Gallery image 17Gallery image 18

Sorry i will have to come back and complete it tomorrow. Its 1 am, i better sleep, have work tomorrow morning. Will post feats from CA 10-12 tomorrow, the biggest feat that i am missing here is reality warping.

Avatar image for killemall
#9 Posted by Killemall (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity: As promised here are the remaining scans.

Captain Atom 10:Absorbs energy from various Captain Atom, it looks as though the issue is trying to tell us he has unlimited energy absorption abilities

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12

In the same issue Captain Atom Makes himself a physical body, while his energy self remain entact. The physical menifestation goes on a date with Ranita, while the energy self is stuck in lab who starts granting people wishes (next issue)

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Captain Atom 11:In this issue Captain Atom decides to grant people wishes which you must admit is pretty cool.

Created a box out of thin air that one of Captain Atom's collegue lost as a kid in a fire, with all the goodies inside it, by plucking the memory from his head

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Brought back a work friend's dead mom.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Allowed Megala, a guy who's legs dont work anymore, fly all the way to space, galaxies and beyond

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Captain Atom 12: We see some of his wishes gone wrong, i honestly felt bad from Captain Atom after reading the issue, he tries to help everyone but things go horribly wrong.

The box he created for the friend explodes, Megala is in seizer and the mom , despite her having all the memories is not truely human as she has no organs.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

We see captain Atom travel faster than the speed of light and reach all the way to the edge of the universe with Megala alongside him

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

We see Captain Atom realize granting wish wasn't the best thing to do, and is forced to erase the dead mom he created out of existence

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

The issue ends with him realizing he is not really a "man" and he doesn't belong on earth.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Comicvine apparently doesnt like me, for some reason my scans of Captain Atom healing Mikey's cancer in Captain Atom 02 seem to have disappeared, re-uploading them

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8

I think that is most if not virtually all of his feats thus far (Captain Atom 13 hasnt come out in Australia yet so dont have the issue with me)

@starrk_coyote: @MonsterStomp: A complete list of his feats from Captain Atom 0 to Captain Atom 12 are above , i though you guys might like to check it out, as you seem to be interested in knowing what he has done thus far. Hope this helps.

Avatar image for monsterstomp
#10 Posted by MonsterStomp (36748 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Wow you really went all out on this. Thanks for contributing. Captain Atom deserves this. His powerset is under used imo.

Avatar image for killemall
#11 Posted by Killemall (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

@Killemall: Wow you really went all out on this. Thanks for contributing. Captain Atom deserves this. His powerset is under used imo.

Well when a friend (Mr_Ingenuity) asks you to chip in, and you have the issues with you, i suppose you gotta do your part :).

Cant disagree with the rest :)

Avatar image for mr_ingenuity
#12 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (14696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Wonderful job.

Avatar image for killemall
#13 Posted by Killemall (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@Killemall: Wonderful job.

Thank you =)

Avatar image for starrk_coyote
#14 Posted by starrk_coyote (715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Mr_Ingenuity: As promised here are the remaining scans.

Captain Atom 10:Absorbs energy from various Captain Atom, it looks as though the issue is trying to tell us he has unlimited energy absorption abilities

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12

In the same issue Captain Atom Makes himself a physical body, while his energy self remain entact. The physical menifestation goes on a date with Ranita, while the energy self is stuck in lab who starts granting people wishes (next issue)

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Captain Atom 11:In this issue Captain Atom decides to grant people wishes which you must admit is pretty cool.

Created a box out of thin air that one of Captain Atom's collegue lost as a kid in a fire, with all the goodies inside it, by plucking the memory from his head

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Brought back a work friend's dead mom.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Allowed Megala, a guy who's legs dont work anymore, fly all the way to space, galaxies and beyond

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Captain Atom 12: We see some of his wishes gone wrong, i honestly felt bad from Captain Atom after reading the issue, he tries to help everyone but things go horribly wrong.

The box he created for the friend explodes, Megala is in seizer and the mom , despite her having all the memories is not truely human as she has no organs.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

We see captain Atom travel faster than the speed of light and reach all the way to the edge of the universe with Megala alongside him

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

We see Captain Atom realize granting wish wasn't the best thing to do, and is forced to erase the dead mom he created out of existence

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

The issue ends with him realizing he is not really a "man" and he doesn't belong on earth.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Comicvine apparently doesnt like me, for some reason my scans of Captain Atom healing Mikey's cancer in Captain Atom 02 seem to have disappeared, re-uploading them

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8

I think that is most if not virtually all of his feats thus far (Captain Atom 13 hasnt come out in Australia yet so dont have the issue with me)

@starrk_coyote: @MonsterStomp: A complete list of his feats from Captain Atom 0 to Captain Atom 12 are above , i though you guys might like to check it out, as you seem to be interested in knowing what he has done thus far. Hope this helps.

thanks! it is nice to see some one caring for the "soldier with the power Creation" captain atom!

Avatar image for spectroraphael
#15 Posted by SpectroRaphael (167 posts) - - Show Bio

So is it safe to assume that with the wildstorm universe being incorporated into the main DC one, Captain Atom has become a mix of the old one with Dr. Manhattan?

Avatar image for monsterstomp
#16 Posted by MonsterStomp (36748 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Probably should have asked earlier, but the scan where CA flies to the edge of the universe. Could you post the entire scan of that particular feat or just fill in the following blanks...

Where did CA take off from?

How long did it take for him to get there?

If I'm understanding it right, thats the most impressive speed feat I've seen in a while.

Avatar image for killemall
#17 Posted by Killemall (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp: The collection of scan above is nearly complete if you notice. Lets try.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

All the above takes place in the same issue, you can see Captain Atom and Captain Atom was in the Horizon lab there in the scan above, from where he decides to grant Megala his wish and takes him to the edge of the universe.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

There is no mention of how long it took its reasonable to assume it didnt take very long. And that is indeed the best travel speed feat i have seen in a long long time. Would you like me to post the entire issue so you can make a better judgement?

Avatar image for saren
#18 Posted by Saren (27933 posts) - - Show Bio

From The Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Man #14: Atom can apparently open windows in space that allow him to see things happening on Earth while he's on the moon.

No Caption Provided

I dunno why the artist decided to shift his look back to the metallic form.

Avatar image for kuartus4
#19 Posted by kuartus4 (82 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

From The Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Man #14: Atom can apparently open windows in space that allow him to see things happening on Earth while he's on the moon.

No Caption Provided

I dunno why the artist decided to shift his look back to the metallic form.

Is it possible that is pre-52 Captain atom reappearing?

Avatar image for kuartus4
#20 Posted by kuartus4 (82 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Has the New 52 Captain atom shown teleportation abilities?

Avatar image for killemall
#21 Posted by Killemall (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuartus4 said:

@Killemall: Has the New 52 Captain atom shown teleportation abilities?

Yes

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3
Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
#22 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (3366 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it wrong that I like this version of Captain Atom a lot more than the pre-New 52 version?

Avatar image for jobbernos
#23 Posted by jobbernos (1522 posts) - - Show Bio

nice scans.

Avatar image for kuartus4
#24 Posted by kuartus4 (82 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall:

Has the new Cap shown telekinesis?

Avatar image for coolguyr99
#25 Posted by coolguyr99 (3340 posts) - - Show Bio
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5
Avatar image for monsterstomp
#26 Posted by MonsterStomp (36748 posts) - - Show Bio

@coolguyr99: Nice scans.

Avatar image for mfrenzy11
#27 Posted by MFrenzy11 (623 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Yeah bro good job

Avatar image for nikva
#28 Posted by NiKva (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Beautiful artwork, great character, but his flaw is that he's too close to Dr. Manhattan.

Avatar image for rjohnson89
#29 Posted by rjohnson89 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

you say his flaw is that he is to close to dr manhattan.... maybe dr manhattans flaw is that dr manhatten was based off of him... before dc bought his rights, he was the part of manhatten in watchman

Avatar image for holyserpent
#30 Posted by HolySerpent (13762 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for holyserpent
#31 Posted by HolySerpent (13762 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for killemall
#32 Posted by Killemall (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

@holyserpent: It has never really been fully explored. Seems like her power is energy manipulation, she was seen healing people in the future and had a glowing hand.

Avatar image for comicstooge
#33 Posted by ComicStooge (22062 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom easily seems like the strongest hero on Earth.

Avatar image for lvenger
#34 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom easily seems like the strongest hero on Earth.

And to think Superman constantly gets the title of the most powerful being on Earth. Atom seems to be a Dr Manhattan on overdrive in the New 52.

@killemall When did the series end? Has there not been any info on Captain Atom's whereabouts in the New 52?

Avatar image for darksider555
#35 Posted by Darksider555 (517 posts) - - Show Bio

has the current Captain Atom demonstrated super strenght?

Avatar image for comicstooge
#36 Posted by ComicStooge (22062 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@comicstooge said:

Captain Atom easily seems like the strongest hero on Earth.

And to think Superman constantly gets the title of the most powerful being on Earth. Atom seems to be a Dr Manhattan on overdrive in the New 52.

Agreed. The dude's a superhero swiss army knife.

Avatar image for killemall
#37 Posted by Killemall (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Captain Atom solo series ended after issue 12.

Avatar image for addikhabbo
#38 Posted by addikhabbo (300 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for rubear
#39 Posted by Rubear (4643 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem with New 52 Captain Atom was that they essentially made him Doctor Manhattan.

Avatar image for bezza
#40 Posted by Bezza (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

@rubear said:

The problem with New 52 Captain Atom was that they essentially made him Doctor Manhattan.

ahh, but The Watchmen writer basically copied Cap Atom first by copying his power-set! What was weird that the Cap Atom in the Injustice Gods series was totally different from the New 52 one, which as you say did look like Dr Manhattan. Anyway, Cap Atom appeared to have a more diverse power-set. In the Watchmen, Dr Manhattan essentially turned humans to mush and tanks into scrap, whereas Atom turned a jet plane into a load of feathers, which was awesome!

Avatar image for rubear
#41 Edited by Rubear (4643 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza said:

ahh, but The Watchmen writer basically copied Cap Atom first by copying his power-set! What was weird that the Cap Atom in the Injustice Gods series was totally different from the New 52 one, which as you say did look like Dr Manhattan. Anyway, Cap Atom appeared to have a more diverse power-set. In the Watchmen, Dr Manhattan essentially turned humans to mush and tanks into scrap, whereas Atom turned a jet plane into a load of feathers, which was awesome!

Yes, that was good, but i mean not power-set and looking, but modus operandi, acting, thinking... "What should i do? What i shouldn't do? Whaaait, i am not human, so i go to the moon!!!". That is Dr.Manhattan way of thinking, not his.

Avatar image for darthaznable
#42 Posted by DarthAznable (16928 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom is basically Mr. Manhatten o.o or vice versa.

Avatar image for reaverlation
#43 Posted by reaverlation (25866 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for lifeofvibe
#44 Posted by lifeofvibe (3785 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for WarBlade539
#45 Edited by WarBlade539 (6217 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for bezza
#46 Posted by Bezza (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

..anyone heard whether Cap will ever be back?! I do miss him!

Avatar image for war_ruin
#47 Posted by War_Ruin (426 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom is BEEEEEEYYYYOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDD OPP!!!!

Avatar image for venomoustaco
#48 Posted by VenomousTaco (1563 posts) - - Show Bio

This is where Doctor Manhattan would be, if Alan Moore wasn't such a whiney little girl about everything DC does pertaining to Watchmen.

Avatar image for bobthened
#49 Posted by bobthened (687 posts) - - Show Bio

i think that captain atom will reappear, perhaps with a similar role that Phantom stranger has with the JL Dark.......would be awsome anyway.

Avatar image for drf8
#50 Posted by DrF8 (3309 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoustaco: i'd like Moore or someone to develop Manhattan's story & powers.

Also, Cap Atom is my second favourite character of all time. And, he is a god.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.