Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Unscripted Review: Captain America #611

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Green ankh

I'll have to pick this up.   Thanks again G-Man for getting to spend more cash. Are you gettin kick backs from Marvel?
    Icemizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Icemizer

After what I thought was a fairly pointless story arc with Zemo I hoped this new story would get things back on track. However that doesnt seem to be the case. Does Bucky really need a" tear down to rebuild him stronger" story already? The character is full of self doubt about assuming the role of Captain America as well as being haunted by the vague memories of his Winter Soldier days, would revealing that to the public add to all that? This is the second storyline in a row that just is not clicking and moving things in a good direction.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#3  Edited By ImperiousRix

It looks really cool, and being a big Cap fan, it's escaped me why I haven't picked the series up.  I'm thinking of switching up some of the series I'm reading to try out some new stuff.
    And I have mixed feelings concerning second features.  When they're unannounced or generally uninteresting, I'm not a fan, but the Nomad feature looks pretty sweet.

Dr. Detfink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Dr. Detfink

It's time to start ranking Brubaker's run on a title in comparison with the greatest author runs in comic book history.

fedspaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#5  Edited By fedspaz

I realize that G-man liked the art in this issue... I'm sorry to say I did not.  I think it dropped off.
    The story was good, that much is true.  Should be interesting to see where this goes from here.

Tasuxeda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Tasuxeda

Black widow is awesome

Justinpants21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Justinpants21

Seems like Brubaker was born to write Cap. I've read every cap trade ever published and i think Brubaker"s run has been the best, i'm just hoping Bucky stays on as Cap for awhile, the recent quote about buck in Avengers #6 has me worried he might not be around for long. Great issue and great review =D
    DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By DMC
    @fedspaz said:
    " I realize that G-man liked the art in this issue... I'm sorry to say I did not.  I think it dropped off. The story was good, that much is true.  Should be interesting to see where this goes from here. "
    don't worry, it appears Acuna was just filling in for this issue. there's already a sneak peak of issue #612 (either on Newsarama or CBR) and Butch Guise is back on art duties.
    blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By blackkitty

Okay, I guess I hold a grudge longer than most people, but, I still do not forgive Black Widow for her betrayal of Captain America and siding with the government. Course, that goes for Iron Man too. I have no idea how people are supposed to feel they can trust these people. As for bucky, well, I'm a traditionalist I guess. For me, Steve Rogers is Captain America and I do not buy Bucky as anything other than a cheap substitute.

That being said, I do agree the plotlines are riviting and what is really holding the book together. Brubaker could put anyone in that suit and make the book sell, so I give him massive credit for that. He even had me buying it for awhile when I wanted to see what was going on with the red skull storyline.

Sadly Steve is now some cheap version of his former self and I guess that's supposed to make everyone feel better somehow. Oh well.

Avatar image for carnivalofsins00
    carnivalofsins00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By carnivalofsins00

i skip all of the second features. i hate them! =[

Avatar image for carnivalofsins00
    carnivalofsins00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

#11  Edited By carnivalofsins00

i actually wasnt gonna pick this up, i planned to drop it after the last arc, but then i read that panel in the recent Avengers issue and im definetly curious to stick around with Bucky for a while to see what they were talking about in there.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12  Edited By sora_thekey

I tend to get bored with the patriotic aspect of the Captain America comics, but this issue was great. I knew that Bucky was Winter Solider but I didn't know what he did as the WS, so Clint 's rant served as a good way yo explain it all to new readers (such as myself)!
    Great book!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#13  Edited By The Impersonator

Wolverine had a shady past as well.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#14  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @DMC: Elizabeth Breitweiser is also doing the colors. Check out Captain America: Patriot. She's awesome. 

@sora_thekey: Aren't you glad I told you to pick it up Friday?
    talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By talon_x23

I'm not really into Captain America I've not been into it, but I decided to pick this up (due to my boyfriend totally loving Bucky) The art was decent but I must say the story and what the story is dealing with and the plot of if Charles Barnes is innocent or not is really good! So yeah I really enjoyed this issue and probably will continue following it. 

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sora_thekey
    @G-Man said:
    " @sora_thekey: Aren't you glad I told you to pick it up Friday? "
    I am!  
    Actually... I'm going to start listening to you more often!
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#17  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Well this for the most part explains why Steve was on those Avengers versus Thunderbolts solicits instead of Buck-Buck
    N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By N7_Normandy

Great review G-Man.  This was an awesome issue.  I'm still interested to see what the connection between this and what the Next-Avengers were talking about regarding Bucky. 

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FLStyle
    @G-Man: Good choice of backing track half-way through, was that you?

I'll pick this up on Wednesday.
    sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sparty-dbq

I want to say that they should dump the Nomad back-up so the book will drop to $2.99..... but it would probably still be $3.99 without it. 

Damn you, Marvel.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#21  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @sora_thekey said:
    " @G-Man said:
    " @sora_thekey: Aren't you glad I told you to pick it up Friday? "
    I am!   Actually... I'm going to start listening to you more often! "
    See, you learned something at Long Beach. 

@FLStyle said:
    " @G-Man: Good choice of backing track half-way through, was that you?  I'll pick this up on Wednesday. "
    I edit all "Unscripted" videos.
    blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By blackkitty

I learned something interesting speaking to a friend of mine in the industry. From what I've been told, Brubaker is upset because the editors keep changing his stories and now allowing him to write the stories he wants to write. However, he is working on a creator owned project which he has total control over and has stated that once that book comes out he's done with Marvel. I really hope this isn't true as I think he's the best writer Marvel has currently.

cap_a_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cap_a_rules

I like G-man

I like captian america

Ilike this comic and i would give it 5 stars

atdt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By atdt

cool review ..... instead of present stories some ww2 stories might b interesting ......

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By blur1528
    @G-Man: Whoa 8 months back. Sucks that I'm trying to find this issue now. Just caught up by using Marvel Unlimited, and now I'm going through the pain of searching through back issues in vein attempts.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.