Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

New Captain America Revealed

EvilPenguin543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

He can scream "FALCON PUNCH!" Every time he punches someone

JMarszal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@samuel_simmons said:

@allstarsuperman said:

What the f*ck is Marvel doing?

Right?

This has just been a crazy week for Marvel. What dumb idea are they going to come up with today? I don't like any of it. Hopefully it will all be reset in 12 months.

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
    Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Next Black Panther should be a white lesbian from Russia. That should please a certain demographic. And who cares about Nick Fury and 60 years of history let's just say F**k those fans. Let's turn Sabra into a Muslim, I mean why the hell not.

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

He can scream "FALCON PUNCH!" Every time he punches someone

This^

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All that's left is for marvel to turn iron man into a transsexual to complete this bullsh*t PC rehash of marvels trinity these writers are hacks who cant come up with original ideas so they ruin other peoples. In an effort to promote diversity they have did the opposite and only spread hate towards these minorities that deserve better representation than just being 'black captain america', 'female thor' etc because people just see them for what they are instead of an individual character which is a cheap imitation of the original.

critmassxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forced and unnecessary diversity is killing comics.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks cool in my opinion. Let's see how long this transition will last for Sam, and hope he rises to popularity because of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am interested in female Thor the most.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be way more excited if the "Stephan Colbert is the new Falcon" thing was legit.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By HushoftheWind

Next Black Panther should be a white lesbian from Russia. That should please a certain demographic. And who cares about Nick Fury and 60 years of history let's just say F**k those fans. Let's turn Sabra into a Muslim, I mean why the hell not.

Speaking of Black Panther, why are they constantly pushing him away from the main stream Avenger title? I really don't count that New Avenger book as an Avenger book at all. It is what it is people, an Illuminati book.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#162 vance_astro  Moderator

And still nobody cares about The Falcon.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how big of an outcry was there win bucky took over? this is crazy. at least u guys are admitting that u are mad because he is black.

Doctor_Mummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, remember when Doc ock was Spiderman and then he was back to normal with a new issue number one just in time for the new movie.......

spidershamrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not Bucky again? Sam is a good choice after the 2 previous but why bother with this at all

Spykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a contrived arrangement this is.
    Cap, along with "Thorazina" are merely ploys to make headlines, this leading to increased sales.
    Their new identities will continue on for a year or so, then new headlines will surface with "HE'S BACK!", heralding the original heroes' return.

"Excelsior" Marvel!

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@entropy_aegis: what you say about Sam makes perfect sense to me and I agree.

In regards to Thor, however, I'm afraid I still simply do not agree with that point. For one, in Jason Aaron's interview with CBR (the solo one) I believe he hints that the new Thor will be a woman in Thor's life already - however, part of the opening arc will focus on the mystery of her identity, since even Thor and Odin will literally not know who took up the cause when Thor became unworthy.

To be honest all I can really say is that if you have enjoyed Jason Aaron's run on Thor so far, give the new book a chance. He's proven himself to have a good handle on Thor's world and in his interview he sounds like he has a solid plan going forward, he's not just pulling it all out of his ass. And of course we won't particularly get to know the character until the book comes out so it's pointless to judge her perceived lack of personality or individuality.

To quote Tom Brevoort, "Wait and see!"

(P.s. If you have read the interview forgive me for bringing it up again, however if you have not it explains quite a bit and I recommend reading it. I can't link it on my phone but let me know if you're interested and I'll post it from my laptop later.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am sure Steve will be back when Avengers 2 comes out, but why is Marvel doing this ?, changing his characters just to change them again to make some publicity for the movies, I am tired of Marvel fitting their comic characters to be like the movies when it should be the other way

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not ?

Like it's been said, we all now that rigers will be back in one year, max.

Thor move was dumb. Heck ! Even Falcon move is dumb because they can't stop keep dead hero coming back anyway.

Don_Quixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This f#cking sucks.

Why don't they make a white Black Panther? A female Captain America, a chinese Batman? etc?

I guess we need every character to have at least 8 different copies.

Neozurg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Neozurg

"Make new chars diverse" is privileged code for "only characters I don't read or care about".

Aside from that, I'm excited to check out the new take on the characters

Neozurg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Neozurg

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#175 owie  Moderator

The only thing I don't care for here is that he's still got wings. Seems like that would get in the way of the shield.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I rather have the mantle retired if Steve is not going to be it. Falcon is just not that admirable.

Also this is just another idea I don't care from Marvel

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Theres nothing wrong with Thor being a woman and Captain Amaerica being black,its only temporarily, we all know the originals will be back.Atleast this Captain America is already an established charcter.

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kind of suspected it would be falcon.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@war_killer: what is wrong with you

Nothing's wrong with me, I'm just sick and tired of Marvel pulling little stunts like this. They do this kind of thing, calling it "diversity" when instead it's just another dumb ploy to pull in new readers, but in actuality are just turning off their long-time fans by doing stuff like this.

Neozurg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: How do you feel about DC's controversial changes.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Mutant God

@neozurg said:

@mutant_god: Why? Because he's a POC? Goodness...

Um no, I don't know what a poc is, but I guess I'm still gonna say no, I don't think anyone can live up to the legacy of Steve especially a guy in a bird costume and does anybody want to be a succesor to Falcon I think not. Also I don't think Sam could give an inspirational speech like Steve can/could?

sdcoiner76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neozurg: I highly disagree with this tweet. When there is dramatic change to a comic character there are tons of outrage and leaps of logic EVERYWHERE. It is only when it has to do with a change in race or gender does the need to focus on this outrage occurs. I would think someone in the comics industry would know this better than a typical reporter looking for a story.

Damien as Robin = outrage, Dick Grayson no longer Nightwing = outrage, Superior Spiderman = more outrage then any of these other ones combined. These decisions always spark outrage because fans to not like change for the most part. That doesn't mean that the people that are outraged should be outraged but it also doesn't mean that their outrage stems from the fact of a gender or race change.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Falcon is Captain America, then who is Falcon? Bucky?

Neozurg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant_god: POC means person of color.

Bucky did not give speeches as inspirational as Steve either. Sam may not be 100% like Steve, he just needs to live up to the ideals and legacy that Steve held.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

You know...I really don't like the idea of Thor being woman. I do get that if Thor is turned into a woman like in Earth X, it would make sense. But seriously? The male Thor not being worthy any more? That sounds harsh.

For Falcon being the next Captain America, I think that's a bold move. It's like Obama became the first black president in the United States. I'm looking forward how Falcon takes on the Cap mantle.

As for Iron Man...He kinda looks like the Silver Surfer, which is wrong.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
    Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verotikryptonite said:

Speaking of Black Panther, why are they constantly pushing him away from the main stream Avenger title? I really don't count that New Avenger book as an Avenger book at all. It is what it is people, an Illuminati book.

I really don't get that either because he's a great character. Why Marvel and DC go out of their way to showcase crap characters and disregard great characters is beyond me. A great example is Aquaman, AKA Aquatrash in my house.

And to the other guy that's making it about race, that's not my issue. I like Samuel Jackson, but not for Nick Fury. And I like Laurence Fishburn as well, but not as Perry White. It's an insult to people who hold these characters dear to their heart and have shared a great portion of their childhood and adult life reading them.

People don't care that Al Simmons is black, but if Luke Cage was turned white there would be a fierce back lash.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By viin

who could of ever guessed...lol...i still dont understand the constant replacing of Steve.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I kinda like this idea but seriously, give him the shield or the wings. Chose one. Don't give him both.

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a publicity stunt. Who would think otherwise? But it's not better or worse than any other just because "it's PC". The point of pushing PC is the fact that there's been almost a century of political incorrectness pushing in mainstream comic books. You're not gonna overcome that with two or three minor "original characters", as some people here are asking for, precisely because they're original, minor and have little to no one rooting for them or, heck, caring about them. That's not supporting a minority, that's enforcing segregation.Even if tried, the odds of replicating the pop culture success of 20th century superheroes are close to none: the new characters would be seen as too similar to the older ones to be iconic in their own way. Stunts like this one though are both financially smart for Marvel's pockets and a shot at the improvement of representation in art. It doesn't make up for storytelling, since this could be plain horrible and OOC, or well done like Miles Morales in USM. But it doesn't automatically mean crap either. And in any case, the original will be back.

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: would you rather they reboot the whole line like DC did?

Did they say it was because of Diversity?? I don't recall them saying that in any article. What is wrong with a person of colour being Captain America? Or a Woman being "Thor"? Why are you judging something without reading the story first?

Whats wrong with bringing Diversity into a long standing series such as this?

I don't think it turns off long term fans.. if it did then they should really look at themselves. And yes this might end up being a dumb ply to get new readers in....but you know what I hope it succeeds and you should too

Why do you hate/dislike this idea so much if it will allow the company to succeed and continue to do the things we like. It's not like this is going to be permanent...If you were a long term fan then you would know this.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neozurg said:

@mutant_god: POC means person of color.

Bucky did not give speeches as inspirational as Steve either. Sam may not be 100% like Steve, he just needs to live up to the ideals and legacy that Steve held.

I don't know, I still think if Steve is not gonna wear it, the costume/shield should be retired and put in a museum or something. Also Sam should be building up the legacy of Falcon first

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll give it a shot. It's not like it's the first time a black guy has been Captain America, and aside from Bucky, he is the next one worthy of the title. I know some wanted Bucky to take up the mantle again, but he's fine doing his own thing in Winter Soldier.

Maybe all the things Marvel is doing now is for diversity sake, but they're not horrible ideas. Falcon is a good character, and though I don't know the female who is going to be "the new Thor", I do kind of like the idea of Thor Odinson being unworthy and maybe having to work his way back to being worthy again. Since that's the part of the story I care about, I really don't care who is Thor at the moment.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
    Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Oh you just know DC is gonna have to fire back with some diversity of their own now. I have a feeling we should expect a big change to Diana when the Finches take over.

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And to the other guy that's making it about race, that's not my issue. I like Samuel Jackson, but not for Nick Fury. And I like Laurence Fishburn as well, but not as Perry White. It's an insult to people who hold these characters dear to their heart and have shared a great portion of their childhood and adult life reading them.

People don't care that Al Simmons is black, but if Luke Cage was turned white there would be a fierce back lash.

But you just spend half your post demonstrating backlash for two white characters turned black...

darkwolf6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic fan's are so fickle it's ridiculous. One second they want change and are tired of the same old, and complain all of the time. Then the next second when DC or Marvel decides to do something drastic to a character that they "love" everyone starts complaining and yells that they are pandering to people outside of the average comic book readers. I really don't see this as pandering truly, I see this as something new and fresh. Its because of the "fandom" that they barely add new heroes or villains because they are scared that the fan base won't be open minded. But let me just stop their, I feel as if i'm sending an email to a brick wall.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel does know Avengers 2 comes out in May right?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By micah007123
    Avatar image for the_average_bear
    The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate to say this, but I don't really see this catching much traction. Marvels changing too much, gonna push people away who don't want to completely start over with new characters and identities

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.