Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Is Captain America the Greatest Superhero ever??

Coolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#201  Edited By Coolguy

Nope, Cap takes a seat behind Superman, the original hero and icon, and Spiderman, an odd and unusual story, but an insanely popular character and a great hero, but Cap has to take 3rd, just above Bats and WW.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Cap takes all because he can.

CHE_GUEVARA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain might not be the greatest but is definitely the bravest.

Avatar image for pietromaximoffistheman
    PietroMaximoffIsTheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you think he is. It depends what you want in a Superhero, and if Captain America offers that you, then yes he is. It's all subjective

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Cap is one of the greatest heroes, but I believe that the title of "Greatest Superhero" belongs to Superman.

CHE_GUEVARA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By CHE_GUEVARA
    heroes_fa_days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love captain america as much as the next guy but I'm sorry didn't deadpool kill him...

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

no superhero is the greatest. each hero has their weaknesses, galleries, villains, stories and strengths.

however cap is one of the greatest heros of all time.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No, not at all.

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is one of the greatest heroes, but I believe that the title of "Greatest Superhero" belongs to Superman.

BRCornelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America is a leader.

Batman has led as well... but, get's pissed off and runs and hides.

Cap has been the last man to be taken down many times... same as Batman.

Cap is a team player... Batman can play a great game of chess with superheros.

Batman is the natural leader of any team... Cap is the leader of "The Avengers"... they pulled him out of the ice!

Superman and Spider-man are great... but, they follow orders from men who have no real super powers.

Ironically, Cap was probably created to make a "super man soldier" because Superman wasn't going to get involved in WWII.

Captain America is the best.

He and Batman have helped lead a young boy to be the 55 year old man that I am now.

Cap isn't as moody as the Bats.

That makes him just a tad better.

This post contains more truth than the rest of the internet combined!

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

It depends what you mean by "greatest," and what context, you're putting in. If we are talking about a hero known world-wide then it would be Superman. If we are talking about the "greatest," among comic book fans then that is debated, some of them might say Captain America, Batman, Wolverine or hell Iron man. If we are talking "greatest," superhero who shifted the way we see comics today then maybe Spiderman or Batman.

Personally he's okay but he's got nothing on Superman or Batman.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Jimishim12

No way in hell, and I want emphasize how. Other than the Avengers, whats Cap got going for him on a media conscious level and being a symbol for the go to superhero that is basically the sign for new characters to be introduced and eventually become big time themselves? Cap being the American ideal and Heroic apotheosis is pretty bold considering he's not the flagship mascot nor the lynchpin global comic icon equvilent to Superman. In fact, I believe he's boring and weak without having hype and a reputation amongst the Marvel U's acknowledgement of his oh so obviousness jesus superman parrellels, as a character he doesn't feel to me what he says he is.

There is only on core constant that Marvel ascends over all other heroes and treats as a golden boy, or rather their ultimate underdog. So no, compared to that certain character which I will not name but hint "spins a web, any size" audaciously.

He is more human than superman and more compassionate than Bats, but he's just there to be ass kissed by everyone because his powers, personality and overall coolness factor is boresville.

Cap4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to agree cap is the best. Not saying he's the most powerful or flashiest by any means but in the real world he'd be the one I would follow. He is basically as close as you get to jesus nowadays in a superhero lol. His morals are key to me and more people should look up to and envy him for these particular reasons. Cap(steve Rogers) will always be the best in my book.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope...I will not say Captain America is best superhero ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

no, batman is. but captain america is on the top 10.

FanboyAsylum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By FanboyAsylum

Technically, yeah.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn right he is.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL, no

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

American Arithmetic

Let's face it, America is challenged by immigration problems, urban sprawl-related crime, and profiteerism-related cynicism.

In this environment of subtle hysteria, we may rely on comic book superheroes such as Batman (DC Comics) and Spider-Man (Marvel Comics) who specifically deal with urbanization-related paranoia and general intellectual unrest.

However, Captain America does offer us comic book fans something no other comic book superhero does: democracy optimism.

With the upcoming Captain America: Civil War film receiving much attention, maybe we should consider how adversaries of Captain America such as Red Skull and Super-Patriot inspire us to think about how Marvel possesses a people-friendly hero in Captain America.

That's something noteworthy to consider this holiday season, when there are many who simply need a note of American pride.

Captain America: Civil War (Film)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.