Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Is Captain America peak human or beyond peak?

• 65 results
    TheMGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Peak human but OP in comics

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peak human that is beyond current peak humans.

wanonalake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cap is NOT peak human. I've seen him throw desk sized rocks 50 feet. From what i've seen i would say he's like a 5 tonner

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lower-tier superhuman, the combination of his physical stats alone grants him at the very least enhanced human status.

The whole jumping out of low-flying aircraft without a parachute or any form of mechanical assistance to break their fall is something that no human, no matter how well-conditioned they are, would consider unless they want to shatter nearly every bone in their body.

nightwing737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By nightwing737

He can bench press 1200 pounds and he can Military (above head) press 800 pounds. I think the most weight that has ever been bench pressed is 716 pounds, and the most weight military pressed might of been 390 pounds. I am not 100 percent sure what the records are but I will say that Captain America has peak human strength.

CHE_GUEVARA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By CHE_GUEVARA

Ain't superhuman but tends to be one.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's superhuman

CHE_GUEVARA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By CHE_GUEVARA

no

OooHesGood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By OooHesGood

@gtg12: If he can do things no other human is capable of hes beyond human. Batman is human peak, Cap is super human.

Human peak is what a regular human can do at best, he blows the very best out the water. Thats beyond a regular humans peak lol. Common sense. They just classify him that way so we can relate to him more and consider him human. Makes him more down to Earth.

Eggnogui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Eggnogui

Real life peak humans are peak at only a few things, for instance sake, Bruce Lee at martial arts, high level weightlifters at strength, or Usain Bolt at sprinting.

In our world, you can be very gifted, train all your life, the very best at something, and set the world record for a long time. But you can't be the very best at EVERYTHING. That's just absurd. There aren't enough years in a human's life to achieve that by training, no matter how gifted you are. So people like Batman can't exist in our world. Batman is a godammed freak. And Captain reached that level due to Super Serum, not just intense training. So both graze the Superhuman level just a bit. I prefer to use the term Metahuman, defining "individuals most people would simply pass off as being gifted, as long as they don't do anything too outrageous, like lifting a tank".

In other words, Peak Human in comics is Metahuman for us.

@ooohesgood said:

@gtg12: They just classify him that way so we can relate to him more and consider him human. Makes him more down to Earth.

Pretty much.

Bboyyomama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No peak human has benched 1100 raw. Captain America is way above peak human

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tim2081: he's supposed to be the next step in evolution, captain America is the best a human could ever be...

Ultifan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would be able to confirm that cap is far above peak human.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By LDM

Depend on which version of Captain America, because a lot of them out there are far above peak human

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Early runnings of Cap had him at peak human, until they later on moved him to being enhanced, I believe now currently he can lift 3 tons

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.