Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

How Did Cap Become A Beast In H2H?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I mean I know why Bucky is so dangerous, he was trained by the SAS and US Special Forces to do the wetwork Cap couldn't he was also trained and conditioned by the Russian to be the ultimate assassin and he's also received training by SHIELD but as far as I know after Cap joined the army he he got the SSS then went straight to war. That isn't enough time to do any sort of in-depth hand to hand traning so how did he get so good?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Comic

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: so basically you mean it's never explained, he just is?

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I always thought that Cap underwent a bunch of training before going to war.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AweSam

@jonny_anonymous: From what I understand, he underwent a lot of training with various fighting styles. He's also very old, so he has a lot of experience when it comes to hand to hand combat. Also, comic characters tend to just be really skilled for no apparent reason.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd always assumed he got basic training after he got the SSS before being shipped off and then continued training whenever he was "off duty." Or, upon getting injected with the SSS, he just kind of knew how to. Like if he sees, he knows it? I dunno. But now that you mention it, I'm surprised no one has touched on this for like 70 years.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By being strong, fast, durable, and beating the sh*t out of Na'zees for recreation. You pick up a few things.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Veshark

@jonny_anonymous said:

I mean I know why Bucky is so dangerous, he was trained by the SAS and US Special Forces to do the wetwork Cap couldn't he was also trained and conditioned by the Russian to be the ultimate assassin and he's also received training by SHIELD but as far as I know after Cap joined the army he he got the SSS then went straight to war. That isn't enough time to do any sort of in-depth hand to hand traning so how did he get so good?

If you know why Buck was trained so well, it's essentially why Cap was trained so well too. A Cap issue explains that Bucky's teachers were the same as Cap's. There was also an Avengers issue that explains that Cap constantly trains and hones himself so he'll never lose an edge.

One also has to keep in mind that Cap has the Super-Soldier Serum, which enables him to learn and adapt to different fighting styles a lot faster. Black Panther - someone who has studied every fighting style in the world - states that Cap is able to adapt to each style he faces. Kang once expressed a lot of surprise that Cap was able to adapt to zero-gravity fighting with no prior experience. Beast once commented that Cap can master any weapon in seconds.

Essentially, Cap's enhancements coupled with his training is what makes him such an effective HTH fighter. Plus, most of the time he just relies on his fists and shield - no gadgets or guns - so it's not like he lacks in experience.

Butros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This,he's a very fast learner.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

the authors of the comic

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GrenadeFlow

This is a good question also how did Spider-Man become a beast with the acrobatics

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

If you know why Buck was trained so well, it's essentially why Cap was trained so well too. A Cap issue explains that Bucky's teachers were the same as Cap's. There was also an Avengers issue that explains that Cap constantly trains and hones himself so he'll never lose an edge.

One also has to keep in mind that Cap has the Super-Soldier Serum, which enables him to learn and adapt to different fighting styles a lot faster. Black Panther - someone who has studied every fighting style in the world - states that Cap is able to adapt to each style he faces. Kang once expressed a lot of surprise that Cap was able to adapt to zero-gravity fighting with no prior experience. Beast once commented that Cap can master any weapon in seconds.

Essentially, Cap's enhancements coupled with his training is what makes him such an effective HTH fighter. Plus, most of the time he just relies on his fists and shield - no gadgets or guns - so it's not like he lacks in experience.

This. SSS did more then just alter the strength of his body it also toned his mind that's also the reason he's a good strategist.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is a master of a few styles. Not a beast. Not on say Batman's level (master of 127 styles).

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By slimj87d

@jonny_anonymous said:

Captain America never went straight to war. He spent about 2 years training under various martial arts masters, most unnamed but they were said to be from around the world. I believe they only named 2 of them.

William Essart Fairbairn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_E._Fairbairn

"After joining the SMP, he studied boxing,wrestling, savate, Shin no Shin do ryu jujutsu (Yoshin ryu), Kodokan judo in which he gained 2nd degrees black belt, and then Chinese martial arts. He developed his own fighting systemDefendu—and taught it to members of that police force in order to reduce officer fatalities. He described this system as primarily based on his personal experience, which according to police records included some 600 non-training fights, by his retirement at age 55 from the position of Assistant Commissioner in 1940."

Colonel Rex Applegate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_Applegate

"

In 1943 he wrote Kill or Get Killed, which is still considered a classic manual of Western-style hand-to-hand combat. The updated 1976 edition of Kill or Get Killed was published by the US Marine Corps as Fleet Marine Force Reference Publication 12-80. From the foreword:

"Fleet Marine Force Reference Publication (FMFRP) 12-80, Kill or Get Killed, is published to ensure the retention and dissemination of useful information which is not intended to become doctrine or to be published in Fleet Marine Force manuals""

and

"This reference publication was written in 1976 by Lieutenant Colonel Rex Applegate, USA (Ret), with the help of the Combat Section, Military Intelligence Training Center, Camp Ritchie, Maryland. At last there is one volume which speaks to the subjects of unarmed combat (offensive and defensive), combat use of weapons, disarming the enemy, handling of prisoners, the handle of mob/crowd disobedience, the use of chemicals in such situations, and how to establish a professional riot control unit".

Applegate developed the techniques outlined in the book during his work with William E. Fairbairn, who had previously developed his own techniques while working for the Shanghai Municipal Police from 1907 to 1940. Fairbairn drew heavily on Chinese martial arts, which he simplified and tailored to the needs of police training in one of the world's most crime-ridden cities, due to its history of crime related to theopium trade, the rebellion, and the activities ofTriad gangsters. His result was the development of Defendu, widely considered the first of what became known as modern combatives.[5]Applegate's techniques are heavily based on Fairbairn's Defendu, enhanced with feedback from the OSS operatives who put his techniques into action during World War II.

Combat-handgun techniques[edit]

Applegate was a proponent of the combat pistol shooting system outlined in Kill or Get Killed, which is based on point shooting with a strong emphasis on training for close-range, fast-response shooting. This system is somewhat at odds with another prominent system (developed and promoted by Jeff Cooper) called the "The Modern Technique of the Pistol". Both systems have many supporters, with variants of Cooper's system being more commonly used. Supporters of Cooper's methods point to the near-universal use of his system in the International Practical Shooting Confederation and other forms of action shooting, while Applegate's supporters point to police incidents where officers trained in Cooper's methods discharge many rounds at close range (most measured in tens of feet (3 m) or less) with few (if any) disabling hits. The last years of Applegate's life were spent promoting his combat-pistol-shooting methods to police agencies. Applegate co-wrote The Close-Combat Files of Colonel Rex Applegate[6] (with Chuck Melson), and was a founding member of the International Close Combat Instructors Association.

Combat-knife innovations[edit]

In the early 1980s, Applegate released a design called the Applegate-Fairbairn fighting knife (a version of the World War II Fairbairn-Sykesknife). The new knife's design was a collaborative effort by Applegate and Fairbairn during World War II, eliminating the major weaknesses of the F-S knife (among them a weak blade point and the impossibility of determining the blade's orientation by grip alone). Boker Knives offers several versions of the A-F knife. A line of folding knives, produced by Gerber Legendary Blades, were based by Applegate and Bill Harsey, Jr. on the Applegate-Fairbairn fighting knife.

In the late 1980s Applegate released a version of Fairbairn's Smatchet, which had been used by the SAS and OSS during World War II. The development of this weapon began as a collaborative effort between Applegate and Fairbairn during the war. Applegate named his 10-inch (25 cm) double-edged knife the "Applegate-Fairbairn Combat Smatchet"; it was initially offered as a handmade knife by Bill Harsey, Jr., and later by Wells Creek Gun and Knife Works. After that, it was produced by Al Mar Knives; following Mar's death, Boker Knives was licensed to produce it. Applegate later had Harsey design a "Mini-Smatchet" (with a 4.75-inch (12.1 cm) blade) which was produced by Boker. Applegate was inducted into the Blade Magazine Cutlery Hall of Fame at the 1994 Blade Show in Atlanta, Georgia in recognition of the impact his designs have made upon the cutlery industry and for his writings on knife fighting.[7]"

These were also revealed to be two men that trained Bucky as well. So as you can see, he didn't just have "basic military training." He was trained by other men who obtained extinction in various other martial art fields ranging from French, Japanese and Chinese martial arts.

Here's the important part you need to know. Captain America's mind is also at the peak potential. He adapts and learns things much faster than you and I. This is quoted by Beast and Kang the Conqueror.

He was shown to quickly almost mastering a bo staff upon replicating one with his proto-form shield.

He fought Kang The Conqueror in gravity free weird kind of combat with Kang who commented that Captain America, although never fighting under these conditions, had adapted to the type of combat faster than all the soldiers he had trained for many years.

So lets say at the beginning, he obtained the SSS in 1940. He had 2 years of training. Factor in that he learns combat much faster than normal humans can and didn't have to physically exercise for the agility he was given with the SSS, you could imagine those 2 years to him aren't the same 2 years to us.

Now he has entered in the war in 1942 and was frozen in 1944. Those are another 2 years he spent training Bucky and fighting various villains who had trained under formal martial art combats like Zola and the Red Skull who are both to be said to have extensive martial arts training themselves. He even stalemated Black Panther of the 40s (2 issues say it's a stalemate, 1 issue supposedly BP's father barely won but the writer I heard was bias against Captain America). He pretty much fought every single day for these 2 years.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@slimj87d said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Captain America never went straight to war. He spent about 2 years training under various martial arts masters, most unnamed but they were said to be from around the world. I believe they only named 2 of them.

William Essart Fairbairn

Colonel Rex Applegate

These were also revealed to be two men that trained Bucky as well.

Here's the important part you need to know. Captain America's mind is also at the peak potential. He adapts and learns things much faster than you and I. This is quoted by Beast and Kang the Conqueror.

He was shown to quickly almost mastering a bo staff upon replicating one with his proto-form shield.

He fought Kang The Conqueror in gravity free weird kind of combat with Kang who commented that Captain America, although never fighting under these conditions, had adapted to the type of combat faster than all the soldiers he had trained for many years.

So lets say at the beginning, he obtained the SSS in 1940. He had 2 years of training. Factor in that he learns combat much faster than normal humans can and didn't have to physically exercise for the agility he was given with the SSS, you could imagine those 2 years to him aren't the same 2 years to us.

Now he has entered in the war in 1942 and was frozen in 1944. Those are another 2 years he spent training Bucky and fighting various villains who had trained under formal martial art combats like Zola and the Red Skull who are both to be said to have extensive martial arts training themselves. He pretty much fought every single day for these 2 years.

Yea but most of the time in the war he used firearms rather than h2h

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By slimj87d
    @jonny_anonymous said:

@slimj87d said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

William Essart Fairbairn

Colonel Rex Applegate

Now he has entered in the war in 1942 and was frozen in 1944. Those are another 2 years he spent training Bucky and fighting various villains who had trained under formal martial art combats like Zola and the Red Skull who are both to be said to have extensive martial arts training themselves. He pretty much fought every single day for these 2 years.

Have you read his WW2 fights? Or are you just basing that comment off the fact that they used guns a lot in WW2?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:
    @jonny_anonymous said:

@slimj87d said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

William Essart Fairbairn

Colonel Rex Applegate

Have you read his WW2 fights? Or are you just basing that comment off the fact that they used guns a lot in WW2?

I have read some flash back storys with Cap in WW2 yes.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@jonny_anonymous: Just because he used guns doesn't render his training moot, also he spends almost all of his spare time working out and keeping his skills sharp so its not like there is no explanation for his skills.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: In those Flash backs he hardly ever used guns. He actually used his shield while Bucky used the guns.

To expand a little more, he went H2H a lot with Baron Zemo who said he studied and mastered Japanese martial arts against Cap. Baron Zemo was slicing sheet metal and cracked a wall at that time.

Lets not forget he stalemated Black Panther of the 1940s. Black Panthers all train the whole lives in H2H combat.

Just to throw it in there, in a flashback, Steve actually had to go basic military training before he received the SSS. So he already had some combat knowledge before they set him off with all his training after he got the SSS. The flashback showed him training and fighting against healthy men 3 times his size.

The evidence and reasoning is there. The SSS raises his mind at the peak potential allowing him to learn forms of combat at a accelerated pace much faster than most if not all normal human beings. He was trained by various martial artist, two of whom were named and have degrees to prove their H2H combat proficiency who trained him. He is quoted as saying that he knows "every martial arts known to man" in his fight against Baron Zola. So the evidence on how he became a H2H beast is there, if that doesn't answer your question then I don't know what to tell you specifically. Hope the helps.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the god's lee and kirby gave him hand to hand

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By PeppeyHare
    tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@veshark said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@slimj87d said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

William Essart Fairbairn

"After joining the SMP, he studied boxing,wrestling, savate, Shin no Shin do ryu jujutsu (Yoshin ryu), Kodokan judo in which he gained 2nd degrees black belt, and then Chinese martial arts. He developed his own fighting systemDefendu—and taught it to members of that police force in order to reduce officer fatalities. He described this system as primarily based on his personal experience, which according to police records included some 600 non-training fights, by his retirement at age 55 from the position of Assistant Commissioner in 1940."

Colonel Rex Applegate

"

In 1943 he wrote Kill or Get Killed, which is still considered a classic manual of Western-style hand-to-hand combat. The updated 1976 edition of Kill or Get Killed was published by the US Marine Corps as Fleet Marine Force Reference Publication 12-80. From the foreword:

"Fleet Marine Force Reference Publication (FMFRP) 12-80, Kill or Get Killed, is published to ensure the retention and dissemination of useful information which is not intended to become doctrine or to be published in Fleet Marine Force manuals""

and

"This reference publication was written in 1976 by Lieutenant Colonel Rex Applegate, USA (Ret), with the help of the Combat Section, Military Intelligence Training Center, Camp Ritchie, Maryland. At last there is one volume which speaks to the subjects of unarmed combat (offensive and defensive), combat use of weapons, disarming the enemy, handling of prisoners, the handle of mob/crowd disobedience, the use of chemicals in such situations, and how to establish a professional riot control unit".

Applegate developed the techniques outlined in the book during his work with William E. Fairbairn, who had previously developed his own techniques while working for the Shanghai Municipal Police from 1907 to 1940. Fairbairn drew heavily on Chinese martial arts, which he simplified and tailored to the needs of police training in one of the world's most crime-ridden cities, due to its history of crime related to theopium trade, the rebellion, and the activities ofTriad gangsters. His result was the development of Defendu, widely considered the first of what became known as modern combatives.[5]Applegate's techniques are heavily based on Fairbairn's Defendu, enhanced with feedback from the OSS operatives who put his techniques into action during World War II.

Combat-handgun techniques[edit]

Applegate was a proponent of the combat pistol shooting system outlined in Kill or Get Killed, which is based on point shooting with a strong emphasis on training for close-range, fast-response shooting. This system is somewhat at odds with another prominent system (developed and promoted by Jeff Cooper) called the "The Modern Technique of the Pistol". Both systems have many supporters, with variants of Cooper's system being more commonly used. Supporters of Cooper's methods point to the near-universal use of his system in the International Practical Shooting Confederation and other forms of action shooting, while Applegate's supporters point to police incidents where officers trained in Cooper's methods discharge many rounds at close range (most measured in tens of feet (3 m) or less) with few (if any) disabling hits. The last years of Applegate's life were spent promoting his combat-pistol-shooting methods to police agencies. Applegate co-wrote The Close-Combat Files of Colonel Rex Applegate[6] (with Chuck Melson), and was a founding member of the International Close Combat Instructors Association.

Combat-knife innovations[edit]

In the early 1980s, Applegate released a design called the Applegate-Fairbairn fighting knife (a version of the World War II Fairbairn-Sykesknife). The new knife's design was a collaborative effort by Applegate and Fairbairn during World War II, eliminating the major weaknesses of the F-S knife (among them a weak blade point and the impossibility of determining the blade's orientation by grip alone). Boker Knives offers several versions of the A-F knife. A line of folding knives, produced by Gerber Legendary Blades, were based by Applegate and Bill Harsey, Jr. on the Applegate-Fairbairn fighting knife.

In the late 1980s Applegate released a version of Fairbairn's Smatchet, which had been used by the SAS and OSS during World War II. The development of this weapon began as a collaborative effort between Applegate and Fairbairn during the war. Applegate named his 10-inch (25 cm) double-edged knife the "Applegate-Fairbairn Combat Smatchet"; it was initially offered as a handmade knife by Bill Harsey, Jr., and later by Wells Creek Gun and Knife Works. After that, it was produced by Al Mar Knives; following Mar's death, Boker Knives was licensed to produce it. Applegate later had Harsey design a "Mini-Smatchet" (with a 4.75-inch (12.1 cm) blade) which was produced by Boker. Applegate was inducted into the Blade Magazine Cutlery Hall of Fame at the 1994 Blade Show in Atlanta, Georgia in recognition of the impact his designs have made upon the cutlery industry and for his writings on knife fighting.[7]"

These were also revealed to be two men that trained Bucky as well. So as you can see, he didn't just have "basic military training." He was trained by other men who obtained extinction in various other martial art fields ranging from French, Japanese and Chinese martial arts.

Now he has entered in the war in 1942 and was frozen in 1944. Those are another 2 years he spent training Bucky and fighting various villains who had trained under formal martial art combats like Zola and the Red Skull who are both to be said to have extensive martial arts training themselves. He even stalemated Black Panther of the 40s (2 issues say it's a stalemate, 1 issue supposedly BP's father barely won but the writer I heard was bias against Captain America). He pretty much fought every single day for these 2 years.

These are perfect. I can't even think of anything that needs to be added. Good job fellas!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@slimj87d: Wow, do you have scans to the references to when Steve was being trained? I would really appreciate it.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Wow, do you have scans to the references to when Steve was being trained? I would really appreciate it.

ME TOO, Slim!!!!!!!!

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By slimj87d

@tg1982 said:

@wolverine08 said:

ME TOO, Slim!!!!!!!!

Right before bed I was trying to find it Slim.

I don't know what issues it happened in, but I know for sure I read a part where Steve was questioning Bucky's training, and a colonel or someone higher told Steve "He had all the same trainers as you did."

Then Steve says "Fine, let me meet him."

I'll also have to find the scan where it was revealed who Bucky was trained by before he became caps partner. Those two scans pretty much says it all. But I had to go to sleep.

But I do have a scan of Steve training from the Marvel's project and it shows him at a Black Belt level already fighting 5 other black belts in a Gi, so he had already reached a black belt level Judo or Aikido.

I also have to correct that he got the SSS in 1938 not 1940 and he entered into the war in 1942.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Cool! Could you drop that scan of where it shows he's got a Black Belt?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Yeah, I'll do it when I get home, if you guys are too eager though it's in "The Marvel's Project" Issue #7. This is a series where Ed Brubaker tries to clear up the retcons he made for his Volume #5.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Wolverine008
    darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By darktiger

Nice I'm looking forward to it

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he trained

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By slimj87d

@veshark: @tg1982: @wolverine08:

Alright, so it's time to have a discussion again about Captain America's skills. First off, people always doubt Captain America's martial arts prowess. We know that from a scan he has stated that he is adept at every form of hand-to-hand combat known to man.

No Caption Provided

During this time in age, there were several forms of martial arts known to man. In America specifically, there was from my knowledge mostly boxing, but the Japanese introduced Taijitsu (H2H combat of Ninjitsu), Aikido, Karate (there are several forms of different kind of Karate like there are different kind of Kung Fus, Kempo, etc) and Judo (Jiu Jitsu comes from Judo, so you can throw it on that list as well.

No Caption Provided

Here, Steve has already reached the rank of a black belt while wearing a Gi, only Japanese martial artist wore Gis and went by this kind of ranking system. So we can already put both these scans together and see that he's adept at all the Japanese martial arts since they existed in the Americas. The next scan also shows that Bucky trained under all the tutors of Captain America, and it was revealed Bucky was trained by the SAS. During this time, the SAS were heavily trained in Defendu which William E. Fairbairn created after he mastered multiple martial arts that I already posted previously. It's questionable if Captain America was trained by the SAS though, but seeing that there were American troops that actually trained with and deployed in Europe to give a helping hand, I wouldn't doubt they would have sent Steve overseas to be trained.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Lastly, we see him practicing Kung Fu with Spider-man, but who knows how much of that he has learned.

It is without a question that Captain America's training stems from more than just basic training in WW2, he had plenty of private tutors, and was ranked at a black belt in a Japanese martial arts. It's quite obvious that saying he only knows basic strikes is a common misconception on the board.

If I can find other scans, I will post them.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: As usual you made a great, informative post. One which I agree with whole heartedly.

I might add in wrestling for the American martial arts, both Greco-Roman and Freestyle. They were quite popular in America in the early 1900's, being introduced in the Olympic in 1904. And a quick correction, if I may, Judo actually comes from Jiu Jitsu, not the other way around. It was developed by Jigoro Kano in 1882. Who took all the moves he thought useful from Jiu Jitsu and eliminated the moves he thought inefficient.

But other than this small correction, I'd say you've made another great post informing people who might not know, about Captain America's martial arts mastery. Good job!!!!

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d:

Also. If you want I got the scan of Black Panther talking about Cap's ability to adapt to every fighting style if you want me to post it let me know. :-)

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By slimj87d

@tg1982: Thanks, it's alright. I was just trying to give a history of Cap and debunk the misconception he only knows basic training fighting abilities.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tg1982

@slimj87d said:

@tg1982: Thanks, it's alright. I was just trying to give a history of Cap and debunk the misconception he only knows basic training fighting abilities.

Well you definitely nailed it. I think you hit it out of the park.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@slimj87d: Let's not forget this little nugget, which I am sure extends beyond actual weaponry.

No Caption Provided

tamannakhan009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe there was no machine and no magic serum. Only hard graft, grilled turkey and protein shakes. But the transformation was incredible. It's amazing. Chris Evans has done a brilliant job. Tricks of the camera? No such thing. Unbelievable, isn't it? He has pushed his body so hard that in some scenes in the film, the producers have used CGI effects to actually shrink his body down. Hats off to this man!

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: The SSS also heightens his mind, ensuring him to be a master strategist. In the new movie Cap was only losing to people who's fighting styles were unfamiliar to him. However in about 5 seconds, he figures it out a gives them a little taste of freedom!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.